On line grocers

Califgirl

A girl can dream
We'll be heading to OKW at the end of April and I was wondering if there are any on-line grocers that can deliver to the resorts. I used netgrocer.com a few years ago, but I don't think they are still in business.

Has anyone used an online grocer lately?

Thanks!
Chris

Also, Gooding's has an online order form. They will deliver to your resort. I have also looked into Publix and Winn-Dixie and neither deliver to WDW resorts. Goodings is expensive and I don't think their selection is that hot.

I am considering trying the netgrocer.com for my June trip to BCV. I see they say to allow 1-4 days for shipping. How much time does one allow before check in date? Anyone have experience with this?

I would assume to address it to BCV of course, but do you indicate on the outside anything other than your name and perhaps check in date?

How would perishables be handled? Would this be a problem or has anyone ordered them online and had shipped to WDW before?

Thanx all!

Originally posted by CarolAnnK
I am considering trying the netgrocer.com for my June trip to BCV. I see they say to allow 1-4 days for shipping. How much time does one allow before check in date? Anyone have experience with this?
Netgrocer allows you to select the date that your package arrives. When we did it, I selected the day before our arrival, and that's when the resort received it.

I would assume to address it to BCV of course, but do you indicate on the outside anything other than your name and perhaps check in date?
I did just what you're suggesting, including the name and arrival date, and had no problems.

How would perishables be handled? Would this be a problem or has anyone ordered them online and had shipped to WDW before?
Netgrocer doesn't sell perishables, so that won't be an issue. Actually, that's the reason we stopped using them. We wound up making a shopping trip for meat, milk, etc., anyway, so it didn't seem like it saved us any time. In fact, the ordering process took a couple of hours; we could have shopped in person faster. Of course, these were hours spent at home, not on vacation, but still...

The other drawback was that we bought way too much stuff. It didn't seem like that much as we were ordering it, but when we unpacked it was obvious we had over-bought. So watch out for that. Oh, and don't buy Pringles; they were crushed in transit.

I thought about using Disney or an on-line grocer for my trip the beg. of this month. I thought Disney didn't have a wide enough selection so I e-mailed goodings and I believe the minimum order was $ 50.00 plus handling fee.

I ended up packing a small suitcase of small pb & j, crackers, cereal bars, small sugar, good coffee, sm creamer packs, tide tabs, and a few small and large baggies, small baggie of dryer sheets and trail mix, etc. We then planned on going to the store for milk, half & half and bread and beer. We never ended up needing to and just purchased these items at the disney general store. It worked out perfectly. Next June when we go I am going to do the same except I am going to have Disney deliver these staples to our room.

Hope this helps. Also, when I opened my luggage there were little notes in all of them stating that they were looked through. I guess they look through everything. I was worried about this being a problem, but it was fine.;)

We have been very happy with Netgrocer. As already stated you need to put the address of the resort, your arrival date is a must. We shop on the way to WDW for perishables and find we spend less time each time we go. We have a list from the trip before and we go to the same grocery store each time. With 2 twentysomething sons were find netgrocer takes care of alot of snack food, cereal etc. You can save your lists on Netgrocer from each order. I just go back to the prior trips and see what we really used and change my new order to suit. One thing I did find out is that if you send a box to BCV they charge you a fee. They say it is because they do not have storage at the resort. We did not pay for this at OKW, BWV or WLV, but my friend was charged at BCV. When I inquired to MS why she was charged the fee(depends on weight I think) the answer was because of the storage.

Will the groceries bought thru net grocer be delivered to your room, the front desk, or do you have to tell them at the desk when you check in that they should have arrived yesterday and you want to pick them up?

we ordered from netgrocer in August at BCV and they tried to charge us for that storage fee. When I called the front desk they said the fee was a mistake and dropped it off our bill. It was listed as a storage fee however, all items for the beach club, yacht club, and the entire boardwalk are stored in the same area, this is what the front desk woman told us when she delivered the stuff to our room. And it was a substantial charge, like $60.

Obviously alot of people probably pay this as a part of their bill and don't even notice. The front desk said there is absolutely no fee for grocery deliveries at any Disney Resort. This was a fee that the storage facility added by mistake, which obviously happens often.

Thank you Patpat15 for that info. We will be at BCV in May and again in Oct. Our friends are going in April, so I will pass the word on. As I mentioned we were never charged a fee at the other resorts and have been using Netgrocer at least once a year. DVCGirl49 - we just go the desk and they usually tell us that our pkges are there. You can track your pkges on the netgrocer web site. This Jan. I new the pkges had arrived before we left home.

Thank you Maureenmac. I was looking at the netgrocer site the other day and didn't realize you would get a tracking # from the shipment. That must have been cool, seeing that your groceries are there before you even left home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter