On-line check-in VS In-Person

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
I will be checking into The Boardwalk Villas THIS Sunday, renting from Disney.

I cannot decide if I want to do the on-line check-in or not.

I would like to *negotiate* the exact location of my room, and the distance to the elevator.

I assume it will be better to do the entire check-in, in person ??

Any thoughts ? Thanks!

I don't really think online check in provides any sort of advantage, personally. They usually have one window devoted to people who checked in on line and therefore you can potentially find a line. Furthermore, I can't see any difference in the amount of time it takes to check in! It still takes too long.

I am also not aware of any case where they assign your exact room prior to arrival whether you use online check in or not. All online check in seems to do is have them place your room keys and coupons in a folder to be ready for your arrival. You can still negotiate location and all that. I would guess your best chance at getting the location you want is to check in early.

If you want to negotiate your room, you are best off not doing online checkin. Online check in is specifically for people who just want to grab their keys and go. For those who know the specifics of the Disney World.

If you know you are going to change your room if you don't get what you want, it would be best to do the regular check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter