On DDP, which of these places allows specialty drink (non alcoholic)

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I don't like soda, so I usually order iced tea at WDW. The water in the iced tea makes it a bit blech, so I'd love to be able to order an icee/smoothie/specialty beverage. Which of these TS places have allowed specialty drinks on the DDP with dinner:
Princess Dinner Epcot
Cinderella Dinner at GF
H&V
Cape May
Chef Mickey's
Boma
Coral Reef
Teppanyaki
Ohana
Crystal Palace

Any CS locations allow smoothies with meal anymore?
Thanks!

I would like to know if the PB&J shake is considered a beverage or a dessert on the DDP also? ( I hope OP doesnt mind)

bluejasmine said:
I would like to know if the PB&J shake is considered a beverage or a dessert on the DDP also? ( I hope OP doesnt mind)

I have no ADR's at Prime Time or Sci Fi, so I bet it's one of those!

Only one I can answer to is Chef Mickey's...we were allowed to order the smoothies on the dining plan for dinner beverage in April.

At 'Ohana, the kids got specialty drinks (smoothies, a virgin pina colada, and a virgin dacquiri) in addition to regular drinks (milks for our kids, iced tea for me). They were all covered on the DDP.

Tam1067 said:
At 'Ohana, the kids got specialty drinks (smoothies, a virgin pina colada, and a virgin dacquiri) in addition to regular drinks (milks for our kids, iced tea for me). They were all covered on the DDP.
Oh thanks Tam my kids will be happy to hear that!

Did the old brochure say no specialty drinks for some reason I was thinking it did. No place offered us one except CP in 2005 and nobody did again in 2006 and I didnt ask and not concerned that I didnt. Anyway in 2005 Cp practically forced them on us a lemonade slushy thing. When we were done they asked if we would like to order them I said no we are dining plan he said that's okay. I said We are full and I'm not buying anymore and these arent included. He said yes they are so I figured what the heck it's the middle of the day in may so it's hot why not let them sip on them till they get tired of it while we walk (they usually dont drink very much of this kind of thing more of this is cool than that they actually like it). So this year when we went to CP I asked what specialty drinks were available. and was told they dont know what i was talking about. I explained what we had last time and the cm said they dont have anything like that and even if they did it wouldnt be part of the ddp. Whatever I we had more than enough food. 3 of the four of us are mildly dairy intolerant so milkshakes really arent a good thing for us and as I said Slushies tend to get dumped. However I might have liked A virgin pina colada at one of the dinner meals had i known it was a possibilty.

I have heard from several posters that Le Cellier is letting ppl get their shakes/smoothies as a beverage also.

We were offered smoothies at Boma in Sept. 2005 and January 2006. A mother and daughter sitting next to us last Sept. were allowed to get cappacino's as their specialty drinks. My SIL and BIL ate at Ohanas on the dining plan in June 2006 and reported being able to order virgin strawberry daquiris.

During the past two weeks we were offered smoothies at Boma, and NA daquries or pina coladas at 'Ohana. At Olivias, Prime time (December), and Coral Reef you could have them but they were considered your dessert.

Do they offer to inform you of whats on the plan and whats not when you order? How would you even know to ask if you can have a nonalcoholic pina colada?

patsal said:
During the past two weeks we were offered smoothies at Boma, and NA daquries or pina coladas at 'Ohana. At Olivias, Prime time (December), and Coral Reef you could have them but they were considered your dessert.
Did you say Prime Time and Coral Reef is considered a dessert or was that just Coral Reef?

I had some kind of smoothie drink at 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner, but I can't remember exactly what it was.

newholidayx2 said:
Do they offer to inform you of whats on the plan and whats not when you order? How would you even know to ask if you can have a nonalcoholic pina colada?

That depends on the server. The server at Boma told us we could have anything non-alcoholic while ours at 'Ohana volunteered the smoothies option. If you really want that type of thing, ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter