(On average) at what time will all of the chairs be gone at the adult pool?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
With the discussion about the "reserving" of pool chairs, can anyone describe what the situation is w. respect to the adult pool - by what time are all of the chairs legitimately taken on average?

also, one other question - on the nassau day, just in terms of adult pool access, would it be better to hit the pool in the morning and then go walking around nassau in the afternoon or vice versa and why?

thanks for the help!

We just came back from the Western and never once did I see all the chairs taken or "reserved" by the adult pool. I think there were quite a few without kids on our cruise but we never waited for a chair. It was that way no matter what time we hit the adult area. In the evening the hot tubs were filled but we went to the family hot tubs and they were completely empty.

We were on an Eastern - 7 nights - It was not really crowded. Maybe mid-day on the at sea days you'd have some trouble. We were there ONE DAY ONLY-- 9:45 - 11:00?? Lots of seats. For us - we like to go there early when the DDs first head to the clubs. Considering it was a 7 day cruise in APRIL and we did not want too much sun to spoil the rest of the week, a few hours was enough. The chairs on deck 4 are amazing!!:cool1:

We never went back!!??:confused3 Too busy. That is one thing I plan to do more of next time. More adult only areas!!

We did find chairs on deck 10 over looking all the pools. That was a great place to watch movies at the family pool and watch our younger DDs below. It would have been harder to watch them from deck 9.

Our first cruise was last June. We did the 3 night and there was never an issue with the chairs. We were always able to get a chair when we wanted one.:confused3 I've read a lot about this being a problem, but we never had any trouble at all. I'm hoping our upcoming cruise will be just as laid back and easy going as our first one was.:goodvibes

I had to admit it, but we were sooo busy doing other things, we never used the pools.

I can't say I've ever seen them all taken, though I guess I've seen it crowded.

Most of the time we're there in late afternoon and it's wide open!

Same here as TVguy! So much to do on our first cruise I wasn't about to waste any time laying around in the sun!

I had to admit it, but we were sooo busy doing other things, we never used the pools.

Spent time in DIversions, deck 4 (never had a chair problem there either) and lots of other places but never have put a toe in the water
Barb

It depends on how full the cruise is. My husband and I teach school, so we have gone during spring breaks.Spring break usually means a full ship. Many times by 10:30am the chairs all have something on them. People come and go on a regular basis, so you can usually find one. By afternoon however, it is tough to find some. Many put towels on them to save them, but if they do not use them in a half and hour or more, feel free to move the towel and use the chair. There is a thread talking about that very thing.

We cruised in September & had no problems getting a chair in the middle of the day.

Honestly on each of the three cruises we have taken we have never had a problem with the adult pool chairs. We have cruised one spring break in April and then twice in Sept. if that makes a difference.

We cruised Thanksgiving 05 (Wonder) and there were always chairs around the adult pool. And deck 10 and 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter