OMG! Giordano's on Restaurant.com

I know a previous post stated you could use the certificate on take out at one location. Has anyone used it on take out at the Apopka Vineland Rd. location?

So if I buy a $25 one and my bill is $35, then I would pay $10 for the balance of the bill plus tip in cash/debit card...correct???
Or do I have to spend $60...$25 for g.c. and $35 oop?

So if I buy a $25 one and my bill is $35, then I would pay $10 for the balance of the bill plus tip in cash/debit card...correct???
Or do I have to spend $60...$25 for g.c. and $35 oop?

your total would have to be $35 then you use the $25 as payment making what you pay $10.

The gratuity is based on the total before discount. So usually after tax and tip you will pay about $20 if you only spend the minimum.

I bought one of these today for $50, I know you have to spend a $100 to use it! But I thought it wouldn't take long with 4 adults and 3 kids to spend a $100. I hope that I made the right decision cause I just did it online quick!

I bought one of these today for $50, I know you have to spend a $100 to use it! But I thought it wouldn't take long with 4 adults and 3 kids to spend a $100. I hope that I made the right decision cause I just did it online quick!

It will be tough to hit $100, but if everyone gets a soda and you order a few appetizers along with several pizzas you may be able to hit the $100 mark.

Well thats what I thought, we order 3 pizzas, salad, and some other starter, and all order drinks, it shouldn't take long to use it! Of course it will be more then we can eat!!! But thought it would be our next meal at the resort! Am I understanding it right, to use the $50 certificate, I have to spend a $100 before taxes and gratuity, so it will cost me at least $50 plus the $50 certificate. I figured it would give us 2 meals, plus it's my family of 4, and the other family of 3 we are staying together at Cypress Pointe, so we can split the bill with them! Plus my one daughter won't eat pizza so she will be eating something else, likely chicken fingers or something! Oh well, if it wasn't the right purchase, i will wait til $25 ones come back on, and grab it instead, I am only out $2.00!

I bought a $50 one with the TOUCHDOWN 80% code yesterday..So my cost was only $4! Going to use it in 2.5 weeks when down for the 1/2 marathon. Should be able to do lots of carb loading with it :)

I tried all the codes in this thread and I get an invalid message.

We had 5 adults and 4 kids. We had to order drinks, appetizers, children meals and 3 pizzas and we just luckily passed $100. That stuffed crust pizza was amazing!!! It had so much cheese.

It was really worth it because we also had the leftovers for 2 more meals during the week. For all 9 of us. So $100 for 3 meals for 9 people!

We had 5 adults and 4 kids. We had to order drinks, appetizers, children meals and 3 pizzas and we just luckily passed $100. That stuffed crust pizza was amazing!!! It had so much cheese.

It was really worth it because we also had the leftovers for 2 more meals during the week. For all 9 of us. So $100 for 3 meals for 9 people!

But didn't you also get $50 off of the $100?

would you mind telling me more about retaurant.com? It looks like you purchase the cards at a less price then their face value and use them at the retaurant? I guess the only downside is that you have to go to that restaurant at some point on your vacation, especially if the only location is in orlando?
Thanks

Restaurant.com sells the certificates at a "regular" price that is below the face value. They also very often have additional discounts for various amounts anywhere from 60-80% off the already discounted amount. They do offer 90% off every once in a while, once in 2009 and for two days, yesterday and today, this year.

Restaurants participate at no cost to them but they don't receive anything from restaurant.com when people buy certificates. So really restaurant.com doesn't pay anything for these except their overhead.

There is always a requirement to pay more at the restaurant than the face value of the certificate.

The benefit to the restaurants is more customers in the door hopefully paying more than the minimum. Perhaps buying items from the bar and also coming back again and not using a certificate.

Think of these more like coupons. Say $25 off of a $35 purchase. Restaurants will almost always add an auto gratuity to the check, likely because many people just tip in the discounted amount instead of the total bill before discounts.

Giordano's just filed for bankruptcy. They said their restaurant operations will continue as normal, but if I bought a coupon, I'd plan on using it soon.

"According to documents served up Wednesday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Chicago, Giordano’s sought Chapter 11 protection along with 32 affiliates. In court papers, Giordano’s said it has “an urgent and immediate need for cash to continue to operate.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter