Old Osborne Lights and also the hotel with ice sculptures

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
Where did they move the Osborne Lights to in Kissimmee? Also, in the area I read about a hotel with ice sculptures and I cannot remember the name of the hotel. It sounds awesome for a side visit while at Disney. Thank you

Where did they move the Osborne Lights to in Kissimmee? Also, in the area I read about a hotel with ice sculptures and I cannot remember the name of the hotel. It sounds awesome for a side visit while at Disney. Thank you

Lights were given to Give Kids the World. I believe last year there was a ONE night Soiree as a fundraiser for the Village. Otherwise I believe they are only for the resort and not the public since families have returned post COVID.

The ICE exhibit is at the Gaylord Palms. We have done this and enjoyed it.

https://christmasatgaylordpalms.marriott.com/

Based on pictures and commercials I have seen the last few years, I believe a good deal of the lights are now part of the Silver Dollar City Christmas displays in Branson. If you google it you will find a ton of pics.

Based on pictures and commercials I have seen the last few years, I believe a good deal of the lights are now part of the Silver Dollar City Christmas displays in Branson. If you google it you will find a ton of pics.
Although there's a suspiciously similar display currently running at Silver Dollar City in Branson Missouri (ftr, I'm sure they're not literally the same lights)...

disney-osborne-dancing-lights-2014-by-kent-otto-1024x768.jpg

Officially, Silver Dollar City claims there's no connection.

"No, we have not acquired the Osborne Lights. We travel all over the world looking for inspiration for the things we do at all of our properties... but no direct inspiration came from the Osborne Lights at Disney." Lisa Rau, Director of Publicity at Silver Dollar City Attractions/Herschend Family Entertainment Corp.

Uh, huh. Tell me another one! :rolleyes2 "No direct inspiration," my tuckus!

(Though now I really do want to get out to Branson for Christmas, someday. If the Osborne Lights - or whatever they want to call them - won't come to me, I'll just have to go to them!)
^ Silver Dollar City said no ~ they'd have to pay the Osborne family if they did "copy" their ideas so they would never admit they did. The original Osborne lights were long gone as they were too old, and Disney had recreated and changed some of the ideas. Disney donated usable light strands, cut some up to sell as souvenirs and likely tossed or repurposed some.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest