OKW - Where to Request

kamikazecat

DIS Veteran
We have recently decided to extend our vacation to include 3 days at OKW before moving to BLT. We are very excited and are planning on just spending a few days relaxing at the resort and adjusting to the humidity (we are in the desert).

We plan to spend a lot of time at the main pool and was wondering what was the best area to request in regards to location to that area. Also, what are some things we must do while staying there? My hubby already has golf in mind. :goodvibes

You need to request "near the hospitality house" This should cover buildings 11-14, 23-26 and 62-64. I believe 62-64 are Handicap only. I am also not sure if bld. 16 counts too.

old_key_west_map.gif

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Does anyone have pictures of the main pool and the turtle pool? Just wondering which one my 4yo would enjoy more.

We stayed in bldg 62 last july and loved it! just a walk across the street from everything - the best part is that (to me anyway) its close to all the action, yet away from it - no parking hassles for example. Also, back then at least 62-64 was NOT part of the "special request area" so I would go for that!

At OKW, bldgs 11 to 14 and 23 to 26 are not "requests," they are part of a "near Hospitality" booking category. If you don't have "Near Hospitality" showing as part of the reservared room type, it is doubtful you'll be in those buildings.

Bldgs 62 to 64 are not all handicapped units, but the are the only buildings with elevators, and are often held for those with medical mobility needs. These buildings are not part of the near HH booking category, but are a good second choice for the area, if you were not able to book that vategory. Also bldgs 15, 16 ad 27 to 29 are close alternatives.

The main pool has a sand castle themed slide, and there is a small sauna hidden in the base of the lighthouse. There are 3 quiet pools at OKW. All of them have aa hot tub, childrens sandy play area, BBQ grills and tables/chairs. The turtle pond pool is the largest quiet pool, and also has a seasonally operated snack bar with prepared sandwiches, salads, and beverages, including alcoholic beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter