OKW vs SSR

Is the walkeay between OKW and SSR open so that I could just walk to DTD from OKW if I wanted?

Thank you.
Yes. It is open during daylight hours. It is not lighted at night, so they do not you running into wildlife.

I vote SSR. I just got back in May and the renovation is truly amazing. The rooms are gorgeous. Since the main idea is one night & Drawn to Life (jealous; can't wait to go!), I would stay Preferred at SSR and just walk or boat over to Disney Springs. There is also an option of taking a bus from any of the SSR bus stops to DS, but it's such a long ride (and assuming you all are able walkers), it's a really nice walk. I don't remember them closing the walkway off at night so I think that's an option to get back to the resort too.

Please note that the boats were not available in May 2021 when I went because of COVID. However, reading the posts thus far, it sounds like they're running again? Obv that's a nice option as well. Have a blast!

Do the SSR studios have two beds like OKW? It really isnt a deal reaker for me since I can sleep anywhere. I love the feel of OKW but love the renovarions at SSR. Was there in a GV November 2020 and it was beautiful.

SSR is my home resort and love the ease of walkimg to/from DTD.

Do the SSR studios have two beds like OKW? It really isnt a deal reaker for me since I can sleep anywhere. I love the feel of OKW but love the renovarions at SSR. Was there in a GV November 2020 and it was beautiful.

SSR is my home resort and love the ease of walkimg to/from DTD.
The SSR studios have the fixed queen bed and the queen Murphy bed that folds down over the couch. It’s the same mattress as the queen bed, so in essence the studio has two beds like OKW with the exception that when the Murphy is down, there’s no couch, and to have the couch you have to put the bed up. That’s not difficult, BTW.

The SSR studios have the fixed queen bed and the queen Murphy bed that folds down over the couch. It’s the same mattress as the queen bed, so in essence the studio has two beds like OKW with the exception that when the Murphy is down, there’s no couch, and to have the couch you have to put the bed up. That’s not difficult, BTW.
The mattress is very similar, not exactly the same. The queen bed has a taller (thicker) mattress than the Murphy bed does. It is probably a few inches taller, but the Murphy bed has a real mattress and I a huge step up from the sofa beds. No complaints when we were there last month, it was comfortable.

Thank you. I appreciate your letting me know. Not sure if I will change or not if I see it open.

I vote SSR. I just got back in May and the renovation is truly amazing. The rooms are gorgeous. Since the main idea is one night & Drawn to Life (jealous; can't wait to go!), I would stay Preferred at SSR and just walk or boat over to Disney Springs. There is also an option of taking a bus from any of the SSR bus stops to DS, but it's such a long ride (and assuming you all are able walkers), it's a really nice walk. I don't remember them closing the walkway off at night so I think that's an option to get back to the resort too.

Please note that the boats were not available in May 2021 when I went because of COVID. However, reading the posts thus far, it sounds like they're running again? Obv that's a nice option as well. Have a blast!
The walking paths close at dusk.

We stayed at OKW late Oct/early Nov 2021. The boats from SSR and OKW to Disney Springs are running.

OKW and take the boat to DS

Thank you. I enjoy walking and will walk to DTD during the day. I will be with my mom this trip who will have an electric scooter. Can the scooters go on the boats from OKW/DTD?

Thank you so much!

I get the temptation to put disposables in studios, especially during recent times. But, I was looking at my contract last night and saw that the villas are supposed to have nearly equal or better furnishings, appliances, and equipment as the original models and plans. Seems to me that they should continue to provide 'real' dishes.

Maybe they can scrounge up some paper cups with the 90s "Jazz" design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter