OKW - Paying cash and not DVC points question

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if someone could give me some clarification. I've read a couple of threads now that are confusing me a bit. Some have read that housekeeping services are only provided every 4 days but then I read another that said that if you are paying cash and not with points that it is still provided on a daily basis. Is this correct? Also, are toiletries still provided or should we bring our own? I've never stayed DVC and we made a recent change from CBR to OKW after the construction announcement.

Any other advice about differences between paying cash vs. with points would be greatly appreciated.

If you are paying cash, you get daily housekeeping.

Toiletries are provided.

If you're paying cash, you aren't really staying DVC and they will provide standard housekeeping.

You will get daily housekeeping and toiletries will be replenished every day. Paying cash for a villa is just like booking a resort room at CBR, but a 2 bedroom villa it's a lot roomier, you'll have a full kitchen and washer & dryer in the villa.

If you are paying cash for a OKW Deluxe Studio you will receive all services, including housekeeping, as if you were at CBR. It is not considered a DVC stay. In the studio however, you will have a small kitchenette with a small sink, fridge, small microwave, toaster and coffee maker and paper products.
Enjoy

I was wondering if someone could give me some clarification. I've read a couple of threads now that are confusing me a bit. Some have read that housekeeping services are only provided every 4 days but then I read another that said that if you are paying cash and not with points that it is still provided on a daily basis. Is this correct? Also, are toiletries still provided or should we bring our own? I've never stayed DVC and we made a recent change from CBR to OKW after the construction announcement.

Any other advice about differences between paying cash vs. with points would be greatly appreciated.

There really isn't any difference when you stay on a cash reservation at OKW. We stayed there on a cash reservation in 2015. We loved OKW by the way. :) Check in time is 4pm instead of 3pm, but otherwise it is the same. The coffee maker will be different than the resort coffee makers. Instead of a single serve pod Cuisinart you will have either a 4 cup or a 10 cup Mr Coffee style coffee maker, depending on whether you are in a studio or a villa. You will get the same toiletries as the ones that they have at a deluxe resort like WL, rather than the Mickey ears bottles that they have at the moderate resorts.

If you are paying cash for a OKW Deluxe Studio you will receive all services, including housekeeping, as if you were at CBR. It is not considered a DVC stay. In the studio however, you will have a small kitchenette with a small sink, fridge, small microwave, toaster and coffee maker and paper products.
Enjoy

Thanks! We are actually get a 2 bedroom villa. We are taking the 7 people that were in 2 rooms at CBR and combining our parties into the 2 bedroom villa. I'm so excited about it!!! Even happier now that I see that it is like staying at a regular resort if paying cash.

There really isn't any difference when you stay on a cash reservation at OKW. We stayed there on a cash reservation in 2015. We loved OKW by the way. :) Check in time is 4pm instead of 3pm, but otherwise it is the same. The coffee maker will be different than the resort coffee makers. Instead of a single serve pod Cuisinart you will have either a 4 cup or a 10 cup Mr Coffee style coffee maker, depending on whether you are in a studio or a villa. You will get the same toiletries as the ones that they have at a deluxe resort like WL, rather than the Mickey ears bottles that they have at the moderate resorts.

Can you tell me how the toiletries are different? Is it just the packaging or are they higher quality brands? different scents?

Thanks! We are actually get a 2 bedroom villa. We are taking the 7 people that were in 2 rooms at CBR and combining our parties into the 2 bedroom villa. I'm so excited about it!!! Even happier now that I see that it is like staying at a regular resort if paying cash.

In a 2 BR Villa you will have a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area, a living room, a large patio/porch with a round table and chairs to sit at and a laundry room with a full size washer and dryer. The Master bedroom will have a King size bed and a Master bath with a soaker tub and a walk in shower. Some Master baths open through the laundry room into the Living room and some do not.
The second bedroom will be a connected studio with 2 Queen Beds.
The Living room has a pull out sleep sofa and a sleeper chair.
OKW has the largest Villas on property. We love it there
Enjoy

Can you tell me how the toiletries are different? Is it just the packaging or are they higher quality brands? different scents?
They are still packaged in the little bottles, but the bottles don't have Mickey ears. It was still the H2O brand but it was the grapefruit scent when we stayed there. The bar soap is a little nicer, too. I'm not sure what they have right now but it seems to be a higher quality than the orange scent the moderates have.

We had seven people in a 2 br villa and we loved it. We still talk about that trip being the most enjoyable trip and how we would love to be able to stay there again. I ordered groceries and we had bacon, eggs and orange juice for breakfast. We even had a birthday party and I baked some brownies for it. And we made good use of the washer and dryer when we got rained out at Animal Kingdom. :)

There is one case where cash stays are no different from DVC points stay. That would be a cash reservation through DVC. But if you booked through Expedia, a travel agent (not a broker), Disney Reservation Center, your cash reservation is no different from any other cash reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter