OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Pros and Cons of Millers Road - I've combed this thread; I'm interested in building 20, in a 2-bedroom dedicated NOT facing the pool. I know about the bus turn around, but anything else? I'm particularly interested in this section bc it's a closer walk to HH vs. the other half of the resort.

The only con I can think of (since I'm also a Miller's Road fan) is that depending on where you're staying along Miller's Road, you're at one of the last bus stops and may have to stand. Or both ECV spots may be taken if someone in your party uses an ECV. Fortunately, when we've stayed at Miller's Road, the Peninsular Road bus stop was fairly close and since I use an ECV, we head over there and that way I get a "scooter spot" and DH gets a seat.

Hi.
We will be at OKW a week from tomorrow for 10 nights!
This trip we are in a studio close to HH.

My important question is are there regular wine openers in the studios or a travel one and where is the
laundry and ice located if I'm in a building close to HH.

Thank you very much!

Laundry and ice are located by each pool. Never used a wine opener, if you can't use the one in the unit call housekeeping and see if they have another type, or just pack your own.

Laundry and ice are located by each pool. Never used a wine opener, if you can't use the one in the unit call housekeeping and see if they have another type, or just pack your own.
Thank you.
I always thought the ice would be in each building, I wasn't aware I would have to walk to the pool area each morning.
I drink iced coffee so will plan on going there each day.
Thank you again.

First time renter at OKW with a few questions. Are the stairs in each building indoors or out? Are the first and second floor rooms noisy from the upper floors? The Hospitality area is full when we will be there so which area should we request if we want a quiet area?

Just thought of two more questions. What buildings are near the boat to Disney Springs? And which buildings are considered the Hospitality area? Thanks in advance!

First time renter at OKW with a few questions. Are the stairs in each building indoors or out? Are the first and second floor rooms noisy from the upper floors? The Hospitality area is full when we will be there so which area should we request if we want a quiet area?

Just thought of two more questions. What buildings are near the boat to Disney Springs? And which buildings are considered the Hospitality area? Thanks in advance!
The stairs are outside, in every building I think, but covered. I don't know if some of the rooms are noisy; it's never bothered me (I am always near the HH).

Here is a map: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm You can see how close the different buildings are to the docks (at the HH area, the "H" on the map). Not sure if building 23 and the ones nearby count as being in the hospitality house are or not. If not, those are closest. :)

The stairs are outside, in every building I think, but covered. I don't know if some of the rooms are noisy; it's never bothered me (I am always near the HH).

The stairs are outside and are NOT covered. You can sometimes hear noise (heavy footstep & very loud voices) on the first & second floor rooms from above, especially since the last refurb install of LVP flooring.
We usually request a top floor but keep in mind, you're carrying all your luggage, etc up the stairs...

Regarding stairwells... what I recall is that some are, some are not. That seems to be the case as far as I can see on Google Maps as well. There is occasional noise from upper floors, like tromping of feet or dragging of chairs. I will request 'top floor' in my reservation (which they find odd since most people don't like to climb, possibly, two flights of stairs) but that's my preference. There is a booking category called "Hospitality House" which are eight building close to the HH, which is has most of the amenities including the boat dock to Disney Springs. There are non-HH buildings that are just as close (62, 63, 64... among others) that you could request outside the HH category.

If you want a quiet area (in addition to a quiet room), I've heard that the buildings in the lower right corner of the map (54, 55, 56...) are quiet... less traffic/people noise. I haven't stayed there so I can't vouch for it.

The only con I can think of (since I'm also a Miller's Road fan) is that depending on where you're staying along Miller's Road, you're at one of the last bus stops and may have to stand. Or both ECV spots may be taken if someone in your party uses an ECV. Fortunately, when we've stayed at Miller's Road, the Peninsular Road bus stop was fairly close and since I use an ECV, we head over there and that way I get a "scooter spot" and DH gets a seat.
Thanks!! We actually ended up by turtle pond as millers road was completely booked for dedicated 2beds. We liked it! But I’m looking forward to exploring all neighborhoods 🏝️

Regarding stairwells... what I recall is that some are, some are not. That seems to be the case as far as I can see on Google Maps as well. There is occasional noise from upper floors, like tromping of feet or dragging of chairs. I will request 'top floor' in my reservation (which they find odd since most people don't like to climb, possibly, two flights of stairs) but that's my preference. There is a booking category called "Hospitality House" which are eight building close to the HH, which is has most of the amenities including the boat dock to Disney Springs. There are non-HH buildings that are just as close (62, 63, 64... among others) that you could request outside the HH category.

If you want a quiet area (in addition to a quiet room), I've heard that the buildings in the lower right corner of the map (54, 55, 56...) are quiet... less traffic/people noise. I haven't stayed there so I can't vouch for it.
We didn’t get hospitality section so how do I request a building? Do I have to just choose one number or can I say Building 54, 55 or 56?

We didn’t get hospitality section so how do I request a building? Do I have to just choose one number or can I say Building 54, 55 or 56?
There'll be a human making the room/building assignment, so make a request that's reasonable to fulfill and why, and I think you've already laid that out here. It might be useful to just look at Google Maps in Satellite and 3D mode to see what things look like. Pretty sure all bus stops are sheltered. You should also be able to click on any building in Google Maps and it'll show what the building # is. FYI I do this often on a PC using Chrome... not sure all platforms/browsers do this.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.365955,-81.5326763,931a,35y,39.24t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Just when I thought I had it figured out, I saw an old post on disboards that said some of the buildings’ third floors are just for 3 bedroom villas, and we are renting a studio. So was wondering which buildings have studios on the third floor? I’m not a good sleeper and prefer to not have noisy guests above me. This is so confusing to me! We usually stay at AKV where there are only two building to pick from!

Just when I thought I had it figured out, I saw an old post on disboards that said some of the buildings’ third floors are just for 3 bedroom villas, and we are renting a studio. So was wondering which buildings have studios on the third floor? I’m not a good sleeper and prefer to not have noisy guests above me. This is so confusing to me! We usually stay at AKV where there are only two building to pick from!
I was about to fetch a page I had bookmarked from ***********.com that had every building configuration available in a (relatively) easy format to spot what you're looking for, but it seems that the site has decided to close so I can't access it any longer.

To your point... there are buildings that are either completely or partly two stories high, and with the grand villas their entrances are on the second story but they are two floor homes so they, internally, have a staircase to their second floor (third story from the outside) if that makes sense. My suggestion is to simply ask for a top floor... the people making room assignments will know what you want and will try to accommodate.

There's a thing also at touringplans.com that I've played with a little to find specific room options based on a few of the rules/constraints you might want. I think there are even pictures.

I found this on an old disboards thread. Seems they aren’t a lot of top floors delegated to studios.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/okw-building-configuration-summary.146435/
If want a studio on top floor request that. Each building has studios on a top floor. That’s because buildings are not boxes. (Three story at center and two story on ends). Studios are mostly put on the two story ends. The only studios on a third floor are the four buildings that look U-shaped. (14,18,35,38). Those studios are toward center and one item to note is those don’t have a window in the front, at the door entry.

If want a studio on top floor request that. Each building has studios on a top floor. That’s because buildings are not boxes. (Three story at center and two story on ends). Studios are mostly put on the two story ends. The only studios on a third floor are the four buildings that look U-shaped. (14,18,35,38). Those studios are toward center and one item to note is those don’t have a window in the front, at the door entry.
Thank you! I’ll have to look at the map all over again! I was originally thinking of Building 30 or 31. How long is the walk from those building to the hospitality area to get breakfast in the morning? Are there sidewalks or does the walk involve busy roads? There’s a lot to consider with bus stops, noise, food etc so I’m a little overwhelmed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter