OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

The pool isn’t affected by the refurb.

Looks like they are wrapping up 23-26.

The bus stop at Millers Road has been relocated. They might be starting in that section.
Where did they relocate the bus stop?

You won't be in the middle of construction. They usually take out an entire section and do that and the area is fenced around it so you aren't bothered.
Thanks Deb! I just realized now that the HH sections haven't been updated which means we have the whole bathroom door stupidity to deal with which is why I hate the 1 bedrooms at OKW. It looks like the remodels fixed that problem with a door through the Laundry. Now I'm desperate to get a "NON HH" room or switch resorts since we are going with friends and they are staying out in the living room area. Wouldn't be a big deal if going with my kids but not with friends. I'm so screwed if I can't switch resorts or categories. I have no luck when it comes to room assignments at Disney so requesting a refurbished room will probably do me no good and it looks like they decided to keep the HH sections for last. I don't care about the updated furniture and such I just want a private door to my room! LOL

They put up a tent in front of building 18. The buses aren’t being allowed any further down the road towards the other buildings.

I really don’t have any insider information, just what I noticed while walking/driving in the bus. There were still trucks in the parking spaces, but the construction doors they had blocking the entrance were down. I’ll take a look later this morning and give an update.

I really don’t have any insider information, just what I noticed while walking/driving in the bus. There were still trucks in the parking spaces, but the construction doors they had blocking the entrance were down. I’ll take a look later this morning and give an update.
Sticker, thanks for the update! Are you staying at OKW? refurbished room?

If you need the second entrance to the bathroom, you'll be either in Turtle Pond or South Point (Bldg 30-56). There is a map of OKW at the beginning of this thread to you can find the buildings that are closer to the two bus stops there. DVC has asked members and their guests not to bother with faxing in a request since most of the time they just toss them out when they get them. With near 100% occupancy at Thanksgiving time, just getting near a bus stop should be your main request.
Refillable mug station is at Goods to Go and you might be able to refill your mug at the Turtle Shack, which is open seasonally. Refillable mugs aren't that convenient at OKW and it's much more convenient to fill up your refrigerator with your favorites instead of buying the refillable mug.
I doubt you will find anything Thanksgiving-like at either location, Goods to Go or Turtle Shack. You'll need Olivia's or a food court at a moderate or value resort (or a table service at another deluxe resort) to get something like a Thanksgiving meal. You could order from Publix and have it delivered via Instacart and prepare your own meal in your villa.

HI Deb. I just saw this response you made about the second entrance to the bathroom back in October. Have you been able to confirm that only certain buildings got the "bathroom fix". If so can you confirm for me that if I switch to a NON HH designation that I would have the best chance of getting the fixed rooms in Turtle Pond or South Point. Those are non HH buildings correct? Thank you for any help. I am trying to get a 2 bedroom to eliminate any problems but everything in Mid December is booked!! UGH

Also . any suggestions on how to at least put in a request to get the best option with a fixed bathroom? Should I ask Member Services to put on our reservation?

Well let me first start out by saying, that we just got back from a S/S with OKW & SSR.

You can only get an idea from what other people describe about places, but you can't get the full picture unless you stay at a certain resort.
With that being said, It only took about 5 mins to figure out why you all love it soo much here.

I just got a great vibe from the moment I stepped onto property.. Between some of the nicest CM's to some of the delicious food, to the beautiful rooms/amenities. The only drawback were the slight issues with buses.. 2 or 3 times we did wait as long as 35-40 mins, which was odd. but not enough to damper our day...

My son & I normally would play a round of golf, but weren't able to fit the time in (Which would've been ideal/convenient) but other than that, there isn't a negative thing to say about this resort.

We did stay in a refurbished 1 br 1st floor in bldg 31, which I thought was a very nice location. the rooms are HUGE!!!! I never got to experience the old decor, but I really do like the new one... The location to the resort is nice , because it's very close to EPCOT, HS, & DS....And not too bad to MK, & AK.
If I can figure how to D/L Pics, I will do so....
Thanks for all the help and advice prior to the trip...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

stickler231
Can you tell us if there is a second door to the master bathroom thru the laundry room in your Bldg.28 unit? Thanks.

stickler231
Can you tell us if there is a second door to the master bathroom thru the laundry room in your Bldg.28 unit? Thanks.

No there wasn’t a second door from the laundry room. The laundry room was it’s own separate room, only one door in and out

Hello All,

We are going to be staying in a 3 bedroom unit in February. I know the living room TVs normally have an easy to access HDMI port, do the Bedroom TVs have a similar bar on them?

With the refurb I can't say what they have now. I have not seen any posts about a GV since the new layout, Please post info after your trip, and have a great stay, if it's your first stay in an OKW GV be ready to be floored by all the space.

With the refurb I can't say what they have now. I have not seen any posts about a GV since the new layout, Please post info after your trip, and have a great stay, if it's your first stay in an OKW GV be ready to be floored by all the space.
I second this...Only I can only imagine what the place looks like, for as the 1BR we had was HUGE....One can only wonder about the size of the GV space..

We are going to be staying in a 3 bedroom unit in February. I know the living room TVs normally have an easy to access HDMI port, do the Bedroom TVs have a similar bar on them?

I can’t speak to a GV, but we are in a 2BR right now that was just finished (building 23). The TV in the master doesn’t have a special bar, but the HDMI is easy to access. it’s on the right side of the Samsung TV.

For what it’s worth, we are liking the renovated room. While the gray tile and white countertop are a little bland compared to pre-reno, the rooms just feel so much cleaner and current with everything new. There are still Key West touches in some of the other design elements...and the overall chill feel of the entire resort certainly hasn’t changed. Overall, I’d take the renovated room over an older one any day...

Does Uber pick up right at your building or do you go to the main lobby to get picked up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter