OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hey Everyone - I just purchased my first DVC at OKW. So excited to have booked my first trip in February for my 40th birthday.

I stayed at OKW in 1996 - my parents were members back then (when they gave you park tickets!)

We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa .... and my fiancee has to use a scooter due to degenerative back issues. I know that many of the buildings don't have elevators. What do you all suggest for a building request that is reasonable close to transportation - we will not be renting a car.

Hey Everyone - I just purchased my first DVC at OKW. So excited to have booked my first trip in February for my 40th birthday.

I stayed at OKW in 1996 - my parents were members back then (when they gave you park tickets!)

We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa .... and my fiancee has to use a scooter due to degenerative back issues. I know that many of the buildings don't have elevators. What do you all suggest for a building request that is reasonable close to transportation - we will not be renting a car.
Not sure of building numbers but you can put a medical request on your reservation so you either get a first floor unit or one of the elevator buildings.

Oh, great. Thank you.

Last time we went, we stayed at POR but he didn't use the scooter all the time, only in the parks. This time, he needs it all the time to be able to navigate the resort area as well.

Thanks for the help!

Not sure of building numbers but you can put a medical request on your reservation so you either get a first floor unit or one of the elevator buildings.

Because OKW has multiple stops thru out the resort your never very far from transportation. You do want to put the request in to be on the first floor or in an elevator building due to medical reasons though so you can get the scooter to the villa.

Does most building on Peninsular road have Canal View? are Buildings 45 and 46 considered on Peninsular road?

OKWMap.gif

Does most building on Peninsular road have Canal View? are Buildings 45 and 46 considered on Peninsular road?
45 and 46 are considered South Point. 27, 28 and 29 have golf course views.

Booked 1 BR Wheelchair Accessible with roll-in shower thru member services but it doesn't say near HH, so does that mean we will get any building as long as
it is WC accessible as shown on the map We arrive 11/4/2017

Yes, but because it isn't a "near HH" category, it is doubtful you'll get bldg. 13, 23 or 26. Unless you get Bldg 63, you will definitely be in a first floor unit.

When's the refurb supposed to happen? Is it likely to be finished by next September, when we're likely to head back to OKW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!