OKW laundry facilities

cmj2003

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! :wave2: Been lurking for a long time, just bought DVC and decided to join in the fun! We will be staying at OKW in a studio and I was wondering about the laundry facilities. Generally how far are they from the rooms? I read somewhere that they are located near the pools. Being that not every room can be located near a pool, how far will I have to lug my laundry in order to wash it? When I do get there, will I have to compete with several people to get my clothes in a washer/dryer? WL was a nightmare trying to do laundry (the hotel not the villas). I'm not looking forward to that again... :confused3 TIA!

Each pool has a laundry at it. You are never far from a pool at OKW, so you will not have a long walk. I don't believe they are ever crowded especially during the day. I have rarely seen anyone go into one. They are free so do not put coins in the slots. Put your laundry in a washer and go for a swim.

Where ever there is a pool, there are laundries available. Just look for a pool!

Yahoo! It sounds like we're going to be all set! :flower: We've been looking at pictures and it looks like such a peaceful resort! Can't wait! :cheer2:

OKW is a very peaceful, laid-back resort, which we just love. I think you will enjoy your stay!

Isn't it a lovely idea to throw your laundry in the washer and go for a swim? :love: You can't do that at home--well, some of us can, but after I throw my wash in, I have to walk several blocks to Lake Michigan, which isn't nearly as nice as OKW! :goodvibes

for your request just ask to near a pool.

you can ask for views - golf, water or woods

you can ask to be near - bus stop, pool or HH

If you are interested in getting your laundy done - don't ask to be near HH - it is very popularity. the same washer and dryers are at each location. 2 washers (big ones) and 4 dryers - you need to put half your laundry in one dryer and half in the other. There are directions.

Also remember these are FREE. It has a coin slot but you just push this in and out. No money is necessary!

Definitely bring your own detergent and fabric softernor. WDW is very, very expensive!!!!

facebook twitter