OKW is awful - never stay there again.

Simba's Mom said:
Yes, loud! Last time we were there, DH said he was kept awake all night by the singing frogs (honest!). Guess they were having a party.

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows, and what's on the other side..." :music:

I only wished I had read this thread before I bought my OKW resale, and then actually stayed in a 2 bedroom unit two weeks ago. :confused3

You guys are great :sunny: only a little late with the advice this time.

I too have suffered from:

Long walks to kitchen from the couch. :moped:

Getting lost in the master bathroom, and spending a good ten minutes figuring out which switch of 9 turns off the inner fan! :scratchin

Being awoken by July 4th Fireworks and being forced to watch them on the 'balcony'. :eek: The 'balcony' is actually larger than BWV studio! and takes a long time to navigate.

But the worse event was all those cheerleaders :cheer2: crowded into a one bedroom, there must of been 13 or so, college age, healthy cheerleaders. Always in their uniforms, sish boom bah this, rah rah that, and those flips, spins and turns, you couldn't even enjoy the flora and fauna. And those cockaroaches are amazing, so strong (lifting entire pizzas) and organized, marching in formation,..."Hi Ho!, Hi Ho!........" And we never got to feed the alligators in the quiet pools.

And I'm :earseek: suprised no one really mentioned the intrusive cast members, it really goes far beyond a simple, "Welcome Home" (BTW, what's with THAT? Are they 'reminding' me to treat this place like home? Keep it clean? Do the trash and chores? What's up with That!?!)

The nosey cast members strated to call my kids by name, always :earsboy: smiling :earsgirl: and waving :wave2: their greetings (They never fooled ME though). And at the community center, some guy named Ed, kept insisting we watch DVD's and borrow board games for the family to play! When did HE become my family therapist! :sad2:

And don't forget all the extra time :hourglass and effort :teacher: needed to manage the banking and usage of all those unneeded extra DVC points! You need a college degree AND a program like Caskbill's! :scared1:

So I have to agree, stay away from OKW, the negatives far out weight the positives, not that I can actually recall anything positive at OKW! :faint:

-Tony

P.S. any one want 400 OKW points real cheap?

(Attention Moderators: This is not a real attempt to sell, it is a real attempt at satire. Please do not ban me for this, thank you.)

I read your post and I was :eek: and almost :scared:
then I starting :rotfl2:
We just spent a ton of $$$ on DVC ownership as OKW as our home resort!

I'm glad all you OKW owners have finally seen the light. :rotfl2:

Simba's Mom said:
Yes, loud! Last time we were there, DH said he was kept awake all night by the singing frogs (honest!). Guess they were having a party.

Those weren't frogs. Those party goers were drinking Geritol cocktails!!

Have you noticed all the doors you have to deal with. Talk about confusing!! The last time I had to get up in the middle of the night for the upteen time (if you know what I mean) and with the mind not as sharp as it use to be I got lost. Went thru the wrong door and couldn't figure out why there were railings and stairs in the bathroom. Let's say good thing I had my pajamas on. Of course my wife didn't appreciate my banging on the door.

manning said:
Heard there was a crisis there the other day. Someone hit the water with mouth open and their false teeth popped out.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I just had a visual of that????

I heard from a CM that OKW's General Store will soon be carrying Depends! Do you think they will have a variety?

Laurajean1014 said:
I heard from a CM that OKW's General Store will soon be carrying Depends! Do you think they will have a variety?

Why do you think that OKW has the FULL size washer and dryers? :eek: Messy kids aren't the only ones to generate a lot of laundry, you know. :rolleyes1 The messes just get bigger as we get older! :earseek:

Hey! anyone noticed the new signs ??

Down by the boat ramp!!

OKWnewsign.jpg

:scared1:

manning said:
Heard there was a crisis there the other day. Someone hit the water with mouth open and their false teeth popped out.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I burst out laughing and I wasn't on the phone with anyone :rolleyes1 Y'all are making me look bad at work. I guess I can blame this on OKW too!!!!

Thanks guys - I just spit out my cola all over the keyboard! Very funny! :rotfl2:

DVCconvert said:
Hey! anyone noticed the new signs ??

Down by the boat ramp!!

OKWnewsign.jpg

:scared1:

Clever. I looked at that picture for several minutes before I spotted it.

Since I started this thread, I have felt a strong sense of obligation to keep everyone posted on the improvements at OKW. Because of this, I will be checking in to OKW tomorrow just to monitor the situation. Hopefully things will have gotten better there and my stay will not be miserable. I promise to keep you posted.

Thank you for making the sacrifice...how do we notify your next of kin?

facebook twitter