OKW Building Configuration Summary

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Doc,
I could have sworn that building 19 has only two floors on the end unit.

It does...and that's how it's listed in the report. Actually, all OKW buildings have only 2 floors on the ends of the buildings.

Thanks, Doc! Now I know exactly what buildings to request when we stay at a GV in January!

(Yeah, Yeah, I know. Requests aren't guaranteed, but I think I have a good shot at that time of the year!)

Doc, you are an excellent source for information so I'm going to assume that I've got something messed up here. According to the online Member Guidebook, OKW has only 531 vacation homes which include studios and 1Br-3Br configurations. Unless I'm misunderstanding your Type A through Type G unofficial configurations, yours totals 782 units. Almost 50% more units than listed by Disney. What am I missing? Thanks.

I believe they officially count the studio/1bedroom lockoffs as one 2 bedroom, not 2 separate rooms.

DebbieB is correct. The "official" count is 531, but counts each lock-off 2BR as one.

The configuration summary I provided counts entry doorways- thus the larger total. Dedicated 2BRs have one doorway-- lock-off 2BRs have two.

Good question! Thanks for totalling up all of the rooms in the buildings!

Enjoy!

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
All rooms are numbered from right to left as you look at the building from the parking area. Each floor will be numbered by building number, floor and room. The studio on the lower right first floor of building 16 is #1610. The 1BR next door is #1611.

Type A buildings are all 3 stories.
1st Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
2nd Floor- S,1,2,2,2,1,S
3rd Floor- 2,2,2
Buildings 13,20,21,23,26,27,28,32,33,34,36,37,39,41,42,45,46,47,50,52,54,56 and 62 are all Type A.
i've got an anal retentive question :p regarding the room# scheme.

okay. i see that all 3-story buildings are only 2-stories high on the ends.
i was wondering how the room numbering works for those units on the 3rd floor. do they still start with zero for the first unit on the right? or do they use room#s that correspond to the similar unit 1 floor below them?

i'm going to use building# 27 as an example for my question.

what are the room#s for the 2-bdrm units on the 3rd floor?
would they be 2730, 2731, and 2732?
or would they be 2732, 2733, and 2734 because the 2-bdrms below them on the 2nd floor are room#s 2722, 2723, and 2724?

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
Smoking Optional buildings are 12,19,21,25,41 and 50.
also, has this changed? which buildings are Smoking Optional now?

Doc, thanks for all the hard work you have put into this. Just wondering if you know where the 2 bedroom lock-off rooms are. We will be going in May and have no idea which building to request. Thanks again!!!

All 2BR lock-offs are comprised of a 1BR and adjacent Studio. All buildings are capable of having 2BR lock off villas.

As for the room numbers in 3 story buildings question- I'm not positive, but think they are also numbered beginning with XX10 on the right end as you face the building- but would suggest simply requesting a dedicated 2BR with a certain view on the upper floor instead of specific room numbers or even buildings. You really limit the resort's opportunity to meet your request if it's too specific.

The "Smoking Optional" buildings have not changed and are the same as what's listed in the report. I reverified that 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by yesdisneyfool
Thanks Doc, You did great!!!!

Just what I need to complete my OKW fact folder. A great tool for trip planning.

I'd sure like some info about where the accessible rooms are.....Any chance you might have that info, too so I can complete my fact folder or plan my trip? :confused:

thanks for all the info DOC. Could someone tell me which buildings have elevators at OKW

Elevators I believe in buildings 62,63,64 - the most recent ones right near HH

thanks
jaysue

I have updated an inaccuracy in this configuration listing.

Building 49 actually has three GV's instead of 2. It has the same building shape as #48 and includes a variation in it's layout.

#48 has a ground floor access GV in place of lock-off 2BR villas on the left end of the building. The 2nd floor has one lock-off 2BR and 3 GV's.

#49 has a lock-off 2BR on each end (no ground floor GV) and has a lock-off 2BR on each end of the 2nd floor- along with 3 GV's in between. (4922, 4923, 2924)

Shamus was kind enough to point out that my original configuration posting was 1 GV and 1 2BR short of the "official" number of villas according to DVC. This correction brings the number of GV's and 2BR's into conformance. Thanks to Shamus for pointing out the discrepancy!

Enjoy!

Here's a bump to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of this thread! Thought some new DIS'ers may not have seen it!

Thanks Doc! :D

Thank you so much for positing this.
We are staying in a 2 bedroom in May and I do not want a lock off. Should I call and request that? Does anyone have a list of the rooms that are not lock offs?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!