• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Okay, Which Would You Choose?

Which would you choose?

• Animal Kingdom Lodge - Deluxe Savanna View

• Grand Floridian - Lagoon View

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
I think we've finally narrowed down to two choices! This is for two nights, prior to our VWL stay. Either a deluxe savanna view at Animal Kingdom Lodge or a lagoon view at the Grand Floridian. So, which do you think?

We are leaving next week for a 5 night stay at the GF before 5 nights at VWL! We have stayed at both resorts, but I much prefer the GF! I just love the atmosphere there! Also the monorail is a big plus for us! Happy planning!!:bounce:

Well Cali, I know you love the GF but I think two nights is a perfect amount of time to try the AKL. Will your stay at VWL be your first as a DVCers?

AKL.. you just cannot get that experience at any other resort in the world...

There are plenty of nice hotels like GF... only one AKL

>>^..^<<

I chose the GF because you will already be spending time at a lodge type place on this vacation so the GF will be something totally different.

Your still polling?

Sorry to see you didn't put up the poly lv conc. :( It will be just re-opened. ;)

BUT, I voted for the GF. You know your gonna stay there, we know your gonna stay there and so does your family. so just make the ressie. :(

Other reasons: Akl: is great, we have not stayed but visited several times, my 1 big turn off: after finding the short cut to 192, I didn't realize it was that close to 192, I prefer it a little deeper in property. (JMHO) :rolleyes: PLUS: gf location, rooms bigger, boats, lake, 2 pools, over all feel.

GF downside: walk to self parking (I know you valet) but think of those leg muscles! Better that going to their health club!

NOW might I suggest our favorite room in big pine key ;) Ask for "rodger" fabulous cm, told me it was his favorite room too. :D

MKY:cool:

I vote for the Poly too! ;)

Seriously though, between the GF and AKL I would definitely take the GF. Especially since you're already doing a lodge type resort the other nights. :)

I would definately pick the GF over the AKL.

1. Location, Location. you have the benefit of boat or the monorail
2. Bigger rooms, with ropes, turndown services, upgrade amenties etc.
3. More recreation services, as well as more restaurant .
4. The plain beauty of GF, it is abouslety spectacular
5. You are already staying the WLV, why not change settings. AKL will be kind of like WLV.

Of couse you have the animal at the AKL but I hear it gets boring after a while. And since you will be staying at the villas at WL. I think you will notice the big room size difference between the two. My vote is GF all the way. I don't see the big deal of AKL. It is far out of the way, it has small rooms. I mean if it didn't have the animals, is it that of a great resort? Yes I know the whole idea is the animal but still. You will be paying about the same, for the lagoon and th savanna room.

Having never stayed at the AKL it's hard to give a fair vote but I stayed at GF and thought it was the best so my vote is for GF.

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
...Sorry to see you didn't put up the poly lv conc. :( It will be just re-opened. ;)
NOW might I suggest our favorite room...

mky, Poly LV Concierge was on my list! The two choices above are what my dad choose from the list I made up. If we don't stay at AKL, we'll stay there on our next trip (prior to BWV).

Oh, and the favorite GF rooms! ;) Not to worry, they'll defiently will be requested. :cool:

Originally posted by BCV23
Well Cali, I know you love the GF but I think two nights is a perfect amount of time to try the AKL. Will your stay at VWL be your first as a DVCers?
Yep, first DVC stay. WL was our first Disney resort, so we felt it was fitting for VWL to be our first DVC resort. ;)

My vote is for AKL. This is one of best themed properties at WDW. Here are a few advantages:

1. Great CM's (loved the storyteller at Arusha Rock).
2. Boma - Great place for Breakfast and Dinner (don't miss Frunch, Sticky Buns, pressed pots of Kenya AA coffee, fork tender prime rib, rich African Specialities (Bobotie, Curried Coconut Seafood stew, and Zebra Domes)
3. Wonderful vews of the Animals
4. Club Simba
5. Breath taking lobby and fire place
6. Hugh lush tropical pool
7. Great Bus service

It's a really tough call, but I voted for the deluxe savannah view at the AKL. The GF is my favorite resort, and the AKL is probably my second favorite. Since you'll be staying at a MK area resort for the rest of your trip, enjoying the AKL gets my vote. :)

I chose AKL because of the view. I would love to wake up to animals. May not be on the monorail line but the view for me is worth it.

I'm actually in the same quandy between the GF, AKL and even possibly the Poly. We're going for 12 nights next year, and are staying 5 nights at VWL, 5 nights at BWV (all weekdays) and then need to go somewhere for the weekend nights. Right now, we're leaning towards the AKL, mainly because it's in a different resort area. We'll already be in the MK resort area at VWL, so that's why the AKL has our edge. The Poly got voted out, since we just stayed there in July. We like the GF, but DH likes the AKL better and my kids LOVE the animals off the balcony. My DD still talks about seeing the Giraffes and Zebras. So, after this long explanation, I voted for the AKL. We'll see where we end up next summer, this pool is very intersting to me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter