***OI Meetup*** Winter dates announced

why when I go to purchase a 2 night ticket, it jumps to $417 before tax? what am I not understanding?

Can anyone tell me about the food that is available and how it works?

I believe they'll come out with a menu at some point but, in my experience, they have most items available during the day at the event. Basically once they have cleared the parks of those not attending the event you can just go to any open venue and order food, they'll ring it up but you don't pay for anything other than the alcoholic beverages. One of the best things about it, IMHO, is that you can try a variety of things that you might not want to pay to try but end up loving for future visits.

Also if anyone is still looking for a hotel, make sure to check out the days before & after - some of those still have the Meetup pricing available. So you can still get pretty darn good rates for surrounding days even if Fri/Sat nights are sold out.

Last year I actually extended our dates before (added Wednesday and Thursday) and after (Sunday) and the rates were cheaper than the promo rates presumably due to the highest demand being for Friday and Saturday and thus those rates being highest.

Just a heads-up, I noticed when I booked my hotel one of the reservations got processed 4 times so everyone should check their credit card statement to ensure it only processed once or at least that you're credited for all payments.

I got Dec 2nd and 3rd, we are staying at HR because Sapphire Falls sold out after kicking me out two times during reservations :( Its our first meet up...I am taking my son, the 2nd is his 12th birthday and we are bringing his best friend and his mom. Can't wait to experience this :) Can anyone tell me about the food that is available and how it works?
https://orlandoinformer.zendesk.com...-Orlando-Informer-Meetup-unlimited-food-menu-

This is the menu for June, to give you an idea. Obviously December won’t be exactly the same, and Monsters Cafe def won’t be on the December menu. Details about the hours of the food service are listed on the meet up page. I’ve never been, June is my first time, but I think it’s just grab and go unless you need a modification. I sugggest joining the FB group, lots of discussions about the meet ups there.

https://orlandoinformer.zendesk.com...-Orlando-Informer-Meetup-unlimited-food-menu-

This is the menu for June, to give you an idea. Obviously December won’t be exactly the same, and Monsters Cafe def won’t be on the December menu. Details about the hours of the food service are listed on the meet up page. I’ve never been, June is my first time, but I think it’s just grab and go unless you need a modification. I sugggest joining the FB group, lots of discussions about the meet ups there.
At the December meet most of the food was pre-plated, but you could get modifications on some items. Like I was able to get the Cesar salad without added cheese on top.

Also worth noting, like everything else, the Harry Potter stuff has the most interest so there will likely be some lines involved to get seated whereas in some areas of the park it will be a ghost town.

Dec 2-3 two night tickets available again (at the higher price).

Which is kinda frustrating, because I would have preferred Dec over Nov, but the Dec 9-10 tix sold out immediately when released, then Dec 2-3 sold out in the minute or 2 it took while I was switching to those dates, so I grabbed Nov 18-19. Now I can't really switch since all the Meetup discounted room rates are taken for Dec 2-3. And they've had all the single night tix available all along.

Southwest flights are now out through the end of the year. I booked the earliest available flight from PVD on the Friday with arrival at 3:40pm (good thing I booked it early because it has now gone up from $173 -> $216 since being released on 6/16).

Currently booked at the Meetup rate for Cabana Bay on Friday/Sat, & I think that'll be pretty close on timing between collecting bags, travel, checking in, getting to the room to dump bags (especially if we end up at the far end of a hallway...). It makes me a bit concerned because I'd like to get into UO right at 5pm; we have Meetup tickets only this trip. And SW has a tendency to change the flights by an hour or so. Now playing with the idea of flying in Thursday night. CBBR isn't available that night at the discounted rate, so probably near the airport is the easiest?

Southwest flights are now out through the end of the year. I booked the earliest available flight from PVD on the Friday with arrival at 3:40pm (good thing I booked it early because it has now gone up from $173 -> $216 since being released on 6/16).

Currently booked at the Meetup rate for Cabana Bay on Friday/Sat, & I think that'll be pretty close on timing between collecting bags, travel, checking in, getting to the room to dump bags (especially if we end up at the far end of a hallway...). It makes me a bit concerned because I'd like to get into UO right at 5pm; we have Meetup tickets only this trip. And SW has a tendency to change the flights by an hour or so. Now playing with the idea of flying in Thursday night. CBBR isn't available that night at the discounted rate, so probably near the airport is the easiest?
We are flying in on Thursday from PIT with Southwest. I picked the cheapest flight so we will be there WAY early(9 am) so now we have to figure out what to do during that time until check in. We are CBBR Thursday and HRH on Friday and Saturday. Our flight cost already went up too glad i booked right away! the boys on my trip dont know we are going and we are trying to keep it that way all the way into Orlando...leave them guessing about what amusement park we are heading to 🤣🤣🤣

We are flying in on Thursday from PIT with Southwest. I picked the cheapest flight so we will be there WAY early(9 am) so now we have to figure out what to do during that time until check in. We are CBBR Thursday and HRH on Friday and Saturday. Our flight cost already went up too glad i booked right away! the boys on my trip dont know we are going and we are trying to keep it that way all the way into Orlando...leave them guessing about what amusement park we are heading to 🤣🤣🤣
For me the Meetup has become an annual thing, I fly down early Thursday and do Epcot then Thursday night-Sunday is Universal. Sometimes we'll do other things before or after but the Epcot/Meetup are the fixed part of our schedule.

Thinking of going on December 9th, haven't been to Universal in quite sometime and this seems to be a great way to do it.

It def is the way we like to do Universal now. Our first meetup was June 2021. We did both nights and loved it so much we did it again this past June. We plan on making this an annual thing.
Just bought my ticket for 12/9! Excited!

Got a lovely e-mail:
This winter, we’re giving every Orlando Informer Meetup guest a bonus $15 Food Gift Card to enjoy an extra bite before our unlimited, after-hours food service begins!

You'll receive one $15 Food Gift Card* per guest and per night (if you're attending both nights). That means if you're a party of four attending two nights, you'll score an extra $120 to spend on food and beverages.

This gift card never expires and can be used at almost every food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, or Universal CityWalk!

*Food Gift Card not valid at Hard Rock Cafe® Orlando or Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant.

Last edited:
Got a lovely e-mail:
This winter, we’re giving every Orlando Informer Meetup guest a bonus $15 Food Gift Card to enjoy an extra bite before our unlimited, after-hours food service begins!

You'll receive one $15 Food Gift Card* per guest and per night (if you're attending both nights). That means if you're a party of four attending two nights, you'll score an extra $120 to spend on food and beverages.

This gift card never expires and can be used at almost every food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, or Universal CityWalk!

*Food Gift Card not valid at Hard Rock Cafe® Orlando or Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant.

This is great! Keeps getting better! So excited for December!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter