Ohana - What time to make reservation for fireworks?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
We plan on booking Ohana and would like to see the fireworks while there. How long before the fireworks would you make the reservation? 1 hour? More?

Thanks,

That can be tough. Lots of guests make earlier reservations and drag out their meal so they can see the fireworks from Ohana. Then that leaves guests with later reservations prior to the fireworks standing in the lobby waiting to be seated. There is a big exodus of guests right after the fireworks are over. You might make a later reservation and watch the fireworks from the beach before you eat. Or eat first and then head to the beach.

That can be tough. Lots of guests make earlier reservations and drag out their meal so they can see the fireworks from Ohana. Then that leaves guests with later reservations prior to the fireworks standing in the lobby waiting to be seated. There is a big exodus of guests right after the fireworks are over. You might make a later reservation and watch the fireworks from the beach before you eat. Or eat first and then head to the beach.

That is our backup plan. Do you know if they pipe the music on the beach? It's been over 10 years since I've watched the fireworks from the beach and I can't remember... I remember music from the EWP but not the fireworks.

Even if you get the perfect ADR time, there is no guarantee you will be able to see fireworks from your table.

Yes, I'm aware of this. But no harm in trying ;).

As other PPs have stated, 'Ohana has become really bad lately in terms of a) people checking in on-time for their ADR and having to wait an additional 30-40 minutes before actually getting to their table, and then b) servers rushing through the meal experience to turn over as many tables as possible. I recommend booking your ADR a solid hour before the fireworks start.

FWiW, we miraculously found a same-day ADR for about an hour before the fireworks were supposed to start for our Thanksgiving trip last year, and we had just gotten our drinks when HEA started.

Do you know if they pipe the music on the beach?

They certainly do!

I would book dinner at 6 then plan on watching fireworks from the beach. Can even take a round trip on the monorail if you get out early.

I had experience both viewing firework at Ohana and at the beach after dinner. I enjoyed the beach so much more. The kids had fun playing in the sand and the adults relaxed after dinner. It was a lovely way to end a night.

There are only about 8 tables in the whole restaurant that have a view of the fireworks, and almost EVERYONE in the restaurant gathers around them to see the fireworks. I don't know about you, but I have a problem with people crowding in on my table while I'm trying to eat. This is why I book 'Ohana for 6pm and get out of there before the fireworks start. The view from Poly's beach is significantly better, and they pipe in the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter