Ohana potatoe recipe

Mickey4me!

Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!
Does anyone have the recipe for the yummy potatoes they serve at Ohana's? I've checked the disneyrecipes.com site and didn't find it. TIA for your help!

Hi, you might try contacting Disney. I wanted the potato recipe from the Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. I went to the Disney web-page, "contact" and sent an email asking for the recipe. Wilderness Lodge responded and mailed to me (via snail mail) a copy of the recipe.

Thanks Vickey!

I ended up doing a search of the dining board and found the recipe along with the one for the honey lime dressing. I made both of them tonight along with some smoked turkey sausage and for a moment I thought I was back at the Poly ::yes::

If anyone wants the recipes, I have them saved...

Mickey4me! said:
Thanks Vickey!

I ended up doing a search of the dining board and found the recipe along with the one for the honey lime dressing. I made both of them tonight along with some smoked turkey sausage and for a moment I thought I was back at the Poly ::yes::

If anyone wants the recipes, I have them saved...

oh, yes please - coul dyou post them on this thread??

thanks

Linda

oh, yes please - coul dyou post them on this thread??

Ohana Potatoes Recipe

- 1 lb. 70 Count Idaho Russet Potato (washed and sliced)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

Place a layer of potatoe slices and onion in a buttered shallow dish. Sprinkle with some of the cheeses and salt and pepper. Repeat layers and then pour cream over the potatoes. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and then let stand 5 min.

'Ohana Honey Lime Dressing
makes 2 cups

1/2 C honey
1 t dry mustard
1 t salt
1/2 C cider vinegar
1/4 C lime juice
1/4 C diced white onion
1 C canola oil

Place all ingredients except oil in food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly add oil until it is well incorporated into dressing.
NOTE: I increased the lime juice to almost half a cup and decreased the cider vinegar to 1/4 cup. I also used a Braun hand blender instead of a regular blender and it turned out great!

Enjoy!

What is a "70 Count" russet potato? I am embarassed that I don't know.

I assume the recipe is calling for 1 pound of russet potatoes, is that correct? :blush:

What is a "70 Count" russet potato? I am embarassed that I don't know.
I have no clue either! I assume it maybe refers to the size?!?? Anyway, I just used a pound (about 4 med to large) russets. Just reheated the leftovers tonight and they were still yummy!

Al Saddoris of the Idaho Potato Commission kindly supplied the following answer to what a 70 count potato is:
Potatoes are sold in 50 pound cartons. Count size estimates how many
potatoes are likely to be in 50 pounds. i.e., 70 count estimates that
there are from 67 to 74 potatoes, a 50 count (48-53) estimates there are
50 one pound potatoes. Note: 50 pounds divided by 70 equals an
approximate 11.4 ounce potato.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter