Ohana menu changes

Not a menu change...but when did they expand the dinner hours? There are now reservation times before 5pm.

Excited for the extra veggies! As much as I love broccoli it will be nice to have a little more variety.

Ate there in December and we enjoyed our meal.....not without sauces though!!! Sometimes the meat is too dry and you need sauce!! Of course the peanut is our favorite and they gave us a huge bowl when we requested more. I can do without the extra veggies....and I do not like fruit in my salad. I would think you could request the salad without the fruit......Please do not change the dessert!!!

We were on the fence on our OHana reservation for Feb but based on this I think we will cancel and see what shakes out after the trial.

I have been trying to get a Feb. ressies for weeks. Maybe with this announcement, I might just get one! It will be our first time at O'Hana's, so I won't know the difference with all the changes.:confused3

Ate there last night.... didn't see this thread prior.... Here's how it went:

Salad: Add tomatoes, new passion fruit vinaigrette dressing.
Broccoli: Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, onions, and stir fry seasoning
Meats: A little different seasoning (Steak was sweeter, pork was more bbq, shrimp wasn't as spicy, wings had a better sauce)
Peanut Sauce only -- we asked about the others and they are not being made or offered.

We got a chance to speak with a manager, and she said it's a trial for a month, and they are accepting feedback.

My opinion..... we missed the sweet n sour sauce, DH hated the salad (he normally finishes the other by himself), they can keep their stir fry--ewww, but the meats were very good. Give feedback!!!!

I can understand if they only bring one sauce out but they should have the others available upon request....just a thought...

AAAGGGHHH! We were just there in November and the 2 sauces they eliminated were the ones I loved. :worried: DH loves the peanut sauce so he's not as concerned...

I understand not wasting the sauces, but I think they should be available on request. Cracker Barrel had a similar issue when they opened in Wisconsin - they always automatically served grits. After throwing out too many, they changed it to be availably only on request. I'd like to see O'hana take that approach.

This would make enough of a difference in my enjoyment of the meal (I didn't just use them on the dumplings - I used them on the meats also) that at these prices I wouldn't go back.

Is there somewhere we can send our feedback even if we won't be eating there during the trial?

:eek: These changes sound awful! I love the salad and veggies the way they are plus I use a little of each sauce.

I hope they go back to normal after the month. I have Ohana booked for the night of the Princess Half Marathon because my first choice California Grill is already closed. Not sure where I could move my celebration dinner to if 'Ohana is crossed of our list.:sad2:

Not happy about the changes!!! I just booked for our April vacation for 2nights! Now what? I'll have to wait to hear if they switch back. Do they still have the noodles, and are they still the same? Love the noodles! :worship:

Sounds great to me.

And those with allergies just need to speak up about it and I am sure they will accommodate you by removing fruit or vegetables from the sides so you have something safe to eat. That is what they did before.

As someone with a bad peanut allergy, the fact that they are *trying* to only serve the peanut sauce is disappointing to me. WDW, in my experience, typically avoids using peanuts in food as much as possible because it is such a predominant allergy. I usually don't have to worry, and when we went to 'Ohana, they just would leave off the peanut sauce and bring the others. My DH and I really enjoyed the sweet and sour sauce.

The other changes do not necessarily appeal to me, but at the same time, they wouldn't keep me from going. The peanut sauce being the only one offered could. I'll wait until after the trial to decide whether or not to cancel my ressie there.

I guess if this trial becomes permanent I'm cancelling our May reservation.

Pretty much every change adds something either DH or I don't like.

This was the one restaurant DH requests every time too. DD had a blast there in October.

None of the changes made to the menu are positive to me or my family. This is usually a must do for us and if menu changes are permanent may have remove the ADR from my plans.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter