Ohana for Breakfast a waste?

We enjoyed breakfast at 'Ohana but we are also big Lilo and Stitch fans. I think it'll be a great breakfast "home" for you. I would recommend getting an early reservation so it doesn't interfere with park time (if it's a park day). The food is very basic but we found it to be really good- hot and fresh.

We are among those who love ‘Ohana breakfast and do it on most if not all trips. The food is def standard breakfast fare, with a Polynesian twist (POG juice, pineapple bread,etc). I enjoy that don’t have to go up to a buffet and lovely hot food is replenished as requested :)
I love the breakfast potatoes- they remind me of hot bbq potato chips right out of the fryer!

We usually save ‘Ohana for our check out day. We take the latest possible flight home in the evening. We request a late check out and are lucky enough to get it 9 out of 10 times. We pack the night before & we sleep in a bit.. which feels like a little luxury on a Disney vacation! lol
We head to ‘Ohana for a late & leisurely breakfast and enjoy the characters before going back to our resort room to move our luggage to bell services. Then it’s off to whatever is planned for the afternoon until it’s time for the tragical express back to MCO.

We are among those who love ‘Ohana breakfast and do it on most if not all trips. The food is def standard breakfast fare, with a Polynesian twist (POG juice, pineapple bread,etc). I enjoy that don’t have to go up to a buffet and lovely hot food is replenished as requested :)
I love the breakfast potatoes- they remind me of hot bbq potato chips right out of the fryer!

We usually save ‘Ohana for our check out day. We take the latest possible flight home in the evening. We request a late check out and are lucky enough to get it 9 out of 10 times. We pack the night before & we sleep in a bit.. which feels like a little luxury on a Disney vacation! lol
We head to ‘Ohana for a late & leisurely breakfast and enjoy the characters before going back to our resort room to move our luggage to bell services. Then it’s off to whatever is planned for the afternoon until it’s time for the tragical express back to MCO.

I agree, it's one of my favorites! Lilo is nice, but for me it's Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto!! :D

Just as a note: Cape May, Boma, and Tusker House have POG juice, so that is not 100% exclusive to 'Ohana.

I agree, it's one of my favorites! Lilo is nice, but for me it's Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto!! :D

Just as a note: Cape May, Boma, and Tusker House have POG juice, so that is not 100% exclusive to 'Ohana.

Have had it at Cape May :) (which I find chaotic- enjoyable but chaotic.. lol!

Haven’t done Tusker House, have eaten at Boma but not for breakfast.

sorry if in the wrong spot, but I was listening to the WDW podcast yesterday and Pete mentioned in his (epic) rant, that breakfast at Ohana is a waste.

We are headed there in September and it will be our first DVC trip and the mrs really is excited to try it out since it’s first trip to home resort etc etc.

I was just wondering if anyone could elaborate more on what makes it a waste. I read reviews and stuff which all seemed positive elsewhere, but what I appreciate about this place and the podcast is I often share some of the same tastes, so figured I’d see if I could get more info.

It will be a group of 6 of us, if that makes any difference in the thought process.

TIA!

We went a couple of years ago and loved it. It wasn’t a waste for us.

I lol’d at Tragical Express. I’m stealing that from now on haha. Thanks for all the info!

It is not a waste to do at least once. We have done it several times over the past few years but won't be going again anytime soon. Slow to be seated, slow service, character interaction not great. But we have fond memories of it from earlier times! I think that you will get many different opinions and will need to try it for yourself to see. I always like to try a place once or twice before I make up my mind.

Never been and will def try it this time, I believe the DIS Unplugged gang are becoming WAY too cynical and are just bored with WDW from the sound of 99% of the reviews, they hate everything these days....................bla.....

Thanks for the info everyone. Sorry been a crazy week so haven’t been on much. But I def appreciate the advice!

We only did it once, when we were meeting friends, and the only good part was the company. If there'd just been the two of us, it would have been a waste.

We did it our last trip, in January. We were all looking forward to it, being big lovers of Lilo and Stitch. Sad to say, we were really disappointed. The service wasn't great. We did Ohana for dinner, and our server was way better. The service in the morning was slow, on one hand, but couldn't wait to see us out, on the other hand. The food was not as good as we expected either. The pineapple bread was great, but that is the it. The rest was just mediocre, same level as food at any quick service breakfast in Disney World. Now, we would be ok with that if the character experience was great, but that was the worst of them all. The characters kept skipping our table, so we had to get our server to ask them to come through. When they finally came, they were abrupt, couldn't wait to get out of there. The kids were really disappointed. We loved Ohana for dinner, but we definitely won't go for breakfast again.

We do ohana breakfast on every trip. Sad to say that last time service wasn’t up to par. Food is ok, my kids preferred Tuskerhouse Breakfast last time we went. I almost feel like we were rushed last time and our server wasn’t as attentive. We will probably still go back as it is tradition, but Disney needs to stop treating customers as it’s a cattle call. We pay big bucks to eat at places like this.

When we went in April last year the adults were not blown away- the food wasn't great and yes service was slow. However our 4 & 7 year olds loved every minute of it and the character interaction was great. I would try it but it was a one and done for us. I would have been more disappointed if we had traveled there from another resort but we were staying at the Poly.

Haven't read through all the posts so forgive me if this was mentioned... but if you go you can totally ask for a platter of bacon. The ham was pretty dry.

It's a character meal, and you're paying a hefty premium for that. When my boys were younger, it was a favorite. I liked to book the latest possible breakfast on our departure day as a fun way to end our trip. If not interested in the characters, I'd go to Kona for breakfast instead. Or just get Capt Cooks.

That’s why we don’t eat there anymore. You are right. You really get more food at a QS for literally 20% of the cost. And the kids are older so breakfast is now Carnation breakfast drink. Lol. Always park commandos now. Gotta agree with the podcast. Always enjoy watching them.
if you're looking for cheap breakfast you can buy a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for less than the cost of a single QS and feed a whole family. But that's not a Disney vacation for most people. There's always a cheaper way to eat than at Disney

It's not fantastic, but it's fine food wise. We prefer all of the other character buffets that we have done more, ie Crystal Palace, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, and Garden Grill. The others mostly have better variety. If you are into Lilo and Stitch, then it's probably a must do.

1900 Park Fare too, but not Crystal Palace:(

On every WDW vacation since 2004, including our most recent 9 months ago, we have breakfast at least once at ‘Ohana. It’s always great food (remember to request bacon). The character interactions are always fun.

I can honestly say that we only had a disappointing character meal once at 1900 Park Fare with the Cinderella’s stepsisters in 2015. They were off that night because every other time, they were hilarious.

We are not crazy about Chef Mickey’s. It’s just too chaotic.

But ‘Ohana has been consistently great for breakfast and dinner for the past 15 years. I cannot relate to the negative reviews I read about ‘Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter