Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Wow, that's an impressive list of things that can potentially go wrong. :rotfl2:

OMG, I love those frog statues! They're so cute.

Sounds like a great start to the trip. Nothing like relaxing on the beach.

The only thing that would make me want to leave the beach would be moving on to Disney!!:goodvibes Looks like a great wind-down time. Love the sunset picture.

Sounds like a relaxing time at the beach. I also find the ocean relaxing. :woohoo: Disney coming up.

Wow, that's an impressive list of things that can potentially go wrong. :rotfl2:

OMG, I love those frog statues! They're so cute.

Sounds like a great start to the trip. Nothing like relaxing on the beach.

Well most of those things have either happened ( Disney disasters) or really could happen.

Those frogs really give off the beach vibe, don't they?

The beach part was nice. :goodvibes

The only thing that would make me want to leave the beach would be moving on to Disney!!:goodvibes Looks like a great wind-down time. Love the sunset picture.

I also love the beach. It is a great way to just unwind and with great friends it was a nice way to start vacation.

Sounds like a relaxing time at the beach. I also find the ocean relaxing. :woohoo: Disney coming up.

Growing up I used to bike down to Jones Beach to relax. Or drive to Long Beach whichever one suited the situation better.

Oh Yes Disney Coming right up.

Saturday Morning June 30th.

After a mid morning run on the beach, a nice breakfast and repacking of the car, I was heading South.

It would be another 6 or 7 hours in the car. But a pretty view on the way off the island.

IMG_4534.jpg

It did take a while to backtrack to I-95 and head South. Other than seeing an incredible backup going north ( Glennbo I was thinking of you driving back in that ) things kept moving. While it was long, it felt short. I know that makes no sense but that is the only way to explain it.

The only other interesting thing was the billboard ads for Dr. Vasectomy. With a picture of the Doctor. No picture for you, kinda hard to snap and drive but somehow that struck me as very odd. If the picture looked like one of a competent doctor it might have been better but this guy had the crazy eyes. :crazy:

Finally I am on the outskirts of Disney property. A Hampton Inn right by DTD . All checked in and settled as I want to be for 1 night, I needed to get my Disney fix.

I set out to navigate and actually drive on property. I travelled by car once but parked it as soon as I arrived at the resort.

This would be new. This could be horrible. :scared:
In the real world ( just outside the gates) it almost becomes horrible.

Apparently my right turn signal also activated my cloaking device that was secretly installed on my car. The car in front of me to the left then tries to go right as I am in the right lane. Fortunately the sudden alarm system ( my mouth and horn) disengage the cloaking device and my car is spared damage. So in the end NOT horrible. :)

Once I pass this…

IMG_4535.jpg

All is good, birds are singing, people are not walking out in the middle of the street and order has returned to my life.

As I am making my way across property I see the first of many of these..

IMG_4538.jpg

I squealed when I saw it and was able to snap off a quick picture at the traffic light.

Where do I go first? Here is an easy one of where in the world am I?

IMG_4540.jpg

Oh THE HORROR! :scared1: You had to start your vacation OFF-SITE! You had to drive through the REGULAR people! Glad you could get to your Happy Place!:lmao:

I'm late, but here. Loved your last trip report!!

I have had Verizon for many years. I must say, that when Verizon is good, it is very, very, good. When Verizon is bad, it is horrid! I remember in the early days of service, when we always had to say, 'Can you hear me now?', just like the commercials. lol

Love the dog ears! I used to have a beagle that traveled with her head out the window. When she saw a cat, squirrel, deer, or another dog, she would start baying. I got some pretty startled looks from cars near me. :lmao:

Looking forward to more!!!!

This would be new. This could be horrible. :scared:
In the real world ( just outside the gates) it almost becomes horrible.

Apparently my right turn signal also activated my cloaking device that was secretly installed on my car. The car in front of me to the left then tries to go right as I am in the right lane. Fortunately the sudden alarm system ( my mouth and horn) disengage the cloaking device and my car is spared damage. So in the end NOT horrible. :)

Yikes! on the near miss! But I love your description of what happened! :lmao:

Glad to hear you have made it onto Disney grounds for your first dose of the magic.

Oh THE HORROR! :scared1: You had to start your vacation OFF-SITE! You had to drive through the REGULAR people! Glad you could get to your Happy Place!:lmao:

:rotfl2: If DVC would make their weekend points a bit more in line with their weekday points that may not be the norm. :rotfl2:

That Hampton was actually nice. A normal Hampton with the exception of having Mickey waffles in the morning instead of regular waffles but a good inexpensive way to crash fot the night.

I DID NOT excpect the first time actually driving through property to be so challenging. :scared1: Everyone was jockeying for position near the light and my car almost got creamed.

I'm late, but here. Loved your last trip report!!

I have had Verizon for many years. I must say, that when Verizon is good, it is very, very, good. When Verizon is bad, it is horrid! I remember in the early days of service, when we always had to say, 'Can you hear me now?', just like the commercials. lol

Love the dog ears! I used to have a beagle that traveled with her head out the window. When she saw a cat, squirrel, deer, or another dog, she would start baying. I got some pretty startled looks from cars near me. :lmao:

Looking forward to more!!!!
party: :welcome: party:

Thanks for the compliments.

I have had Verizon since before it was Verizon. :lmao: Sometimes when the clerks look at my account and see how long it has been, I get at least a thank you for being a loyal customer and sometimes a perk or two. ;)

My friends dogs are a hoot. We were a bit concerned over them being a gator snack so they really had to stay close and our eyes needed to be open when we were on the grounds.

Looking good so far! Just subscribed :cool1:

party: :welcome:party: Glad you are here.

Poolrat said:
It did take a while to backtrack to I-95 and head South. Other than seeing an incredible backup going north ( Glennbo I was thinking of you driving back in that ) things kept moving.

We did hit a backup somewhere in SC and went off of I-95 for a few exits, but it wasn't too bad overall.

There was an even greater disparity between weekend and weekday DVC points up until a couple of years ago. But yeah, it can make you look at other options. I'm glad the Hampton Inn was good. They usually are.

We normally drive to Disney. Once we get there we park and don't usually see the car again until we leave. This last trip we stay kinda of off site. Our first night was at one of the DTD hotels. I was not pleased about having to pay for parking.:crazy2:

Sorry for your right turn scare. I guess there are crazy drivers everywhere.:drive:

I don't know where you went first? It looks like an Animal Kingdom type sign.

NEVER trust a doctor with 'crazy eyes', especially one on a billboard!

Great description of your near miss, driving through Disney property can be quite the challenge!

Dr Vasectomy????? :rotfl2: Are you kidding????? And you couldn't figure out a way to take a picture of THAT? I would consider that even more entertaining than the 5 million signs for South of the Border. :rotfl2: In fact, that must be a new sign since I traveled down I95, because I can't imagine missing THAT. :confused3

:cool1: Woo Hoo to finally arriving on Disney property. And you picked one of my favorite parks as your first stop.

I read your update last night, so I forget, did you mentioned where you were staying yet?

Never trust a doc with crazy eyes! Loved that description.

Sorry about the near miss in traffic! Sometimes a cloaking device is really a burden isn't it?

Yay for being on property! Looks like AK to me!

Very nice!

Other than seeing an incredible backup going north ( Glennbo I was thinking of you driving back in that )

Heh. Sucker. :stir:

The only other interesting thing was the billboard ads for Dr. Vasectomy. With a picture of the Doctor. No picture for you, kinda hard to snap and drive but somehow that struck me as very odd. If the picture looked like one of a competent doctor it might have been better but this guy had the crazy eyes. :crazy:

:scared:

I do not need Crazy Eyes with a scalpel performing anything remotely like that procedure.

Whew! Did you also show him that he's #1? That's what Mickey would do. :rotfl2:

I can't imagine any man a) going to someone name Dr Vasectomy or b) letting a dude with crazy eyes near the area needed to perform such a procedure.

Love the cloaking device...I think my Jeep occasionally has one of those too!

Jill in CO

Cloaking device. I love it! I want one.

Driving at WDW stresses me out to no end. Jeff too actually so we try to make it a mission to be car free. Doesn't always work out that way and I swear when it doesn't, additional drama follows.

Thank goodness your invisishield was lifted in time! Good to know that the Hampton has Mickey Waffles. Filing it away for future reference!

I think you are headed in search of...

An elusive Simba picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter