Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Poolrat

I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.
Oh What a HORRIBLE trip!!
Hi and Welcome to another Poolrat report. This time a much different trip and therefore a much different trip report. Dont let the title fool you.
I am Pat a 47 year old ( 46 on the trip ) mother of 2 wonderful and now adult children. I am also a DVC owner with a home at BCV and SSR. Recently divorced, I have found my fun side again and look forward to acting like a kid again while in the world.

IMAG0111.jpg

In the real world I work for Park and Rec. in Aquatics, hence the poolrat. Anyone who hangs around the pool all day, like I did as a kid, is called a poolrat. Funny thing is I still do it. Except now I get paid to do it.

This trip was a 2 parter- First I split up my drive by joining some friends at Seabrook island. I spent part of Thursday June 28th and 29th there before I continued to Disney on the 30th. Being DVC, weekends are more expensive point wise so I opted for an off site room Sat night and checked into my HOME BCV on Sunday.

While summer is busy time at work I can take a summer vacation. I learned last year that I really need one to keep my sanity. This year the Fourth of July fireworks were calling my name. Several other DISers were also planning to be down there at the same time so I hoped for some DISmeets.

Now as anyone can probably relate the last few days leading up to a trip can be a frenzy under normal circumstances. Cynthia(eandesmom) certainly can relate. :rotfl2:

My trip dates were

Leaving for the beach Thursday June 28th after work to head to the beach. On Saturday June 30th I headed to Disney to stay at Beach club From July 1-6, driving back Sat July 7th.

My job requires I work weekends and to compensate, I get most of the Friday before off only to close up that night of my weekend and then have the following Friday off to get a three day weekend.

I worked the weekend of June 22-24. Somewhere during the weekend I realized I was not receiving texts, I could send them but not receive. Weird right? After a couple of my own attempts to fix it I ended up at the Verizon store on Tuesday. We reboot the phone. I wanted to do it there so I can have them deal with it when it doesnt work. Kind of like being in the hospital parking lot when you are going to do something stupid. :lmao:

I get a nice guy to take care of the phone and when everything seems to be right I leave. First thing I do ( well not first but as I get into the car) is text a friend to text me and email me to say they texted me. OOPS no text received. :headache:

I walk back into the store and just stick my lip out and hang my head. :headache:

Poor guy is now working with another customer so I wait. He fiddles with the phone some more and reinstalls the update that pretty much crashed it to begin with and I start hearing noises. All the texts are now coming in SCORE.

I am back in business. I leave and go about my day. My phone is a rock star all day and working better than ever. :cool1:

Tuesday June 26th
On the way home I realize it is acting up again. CRAP. :headache: Now it wont recognize my sd card. I fiddle some more. I call up and yes I reboot the phone again. It is up&. Then it is back to not working.

About 8pm I realize it will not be better and I have to bite the bullet and get a new phone. I have no choice really I cannot be away from home without a working phone. When I bought this phone I did it from Best Buy and got their buy back program free. Plus Verizon has been hounding me since I had a phone ready for an upgrade anyway. I head down there to spend 2 hours at the store. :headache::headache:

tThere was a long line to wait and I could not shop while I waited since I had no idea how much that buy back program would help me.

At closing- they are almost locking the door behind me- I am walking out with a 4G Razr. The buy back kicked in giving me almost a free phone and another gift card on top of that. WHOO HOO. Crisis averted.:cool1::cool1:

Wednesday June 27th
At work our fall brochure was due and we had major changes with a new swim lesson program to input.
Needless to say I was nervous about having it all done and part of it I was leaving in colleague's hands since I would be gone.

That night I had to get all packed up. For the beach and for Disney. Working longer hours knowing I was going to be out put me in a bit of a squeeze. Eventually it was all put in the car late Wednesday night.

Thursday June 28th
The plan was to leave about 2 so I wouldnt hit rush hour around Columbia or close to the beach.
Needless to say I had a frenzy of last minute items, day camp groups wanting to visit and making sure everything was set up for when I was gone.
1:45- I return a call. Someone who had a question about lessons, should be easy right? Wrong. The person had registered kids that she takes care of and did not get a receipt from our online system. You would think that would be easy to reprint. Not in our system. :sad2:

Luckily I am one of the few people that can do it. Now I just need to make it work. Normally I can export them into a pdf and them attach as an email. Nope that is not working today. Finally I just print, scan them back in. Separately because I realize she will have to split them to send to the various parents anyway. She would have called me back to fix it had I not thought of it.
Scan them in and then send as an email. DONE.
I practically run out the door. Just after 2:30. :dance3:
I am on vacation.
1sm184runhappy.gif

Stayed tuned for what had the potential to be the most horrible trip, and also to see if it was. ;)

Days 1 &2 Drive and arrival
What's in a name?
Disney Here I come!!
FIRST PARK (Part #2)
FIRST NIGHT!
July 1
A fine day in MK Part #2 [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46090557&postcount=259"] Part #3 [/URL]
Not so HORRIBLE evening - Drunks and Japanese SE

Day 3 July 2
Tiptoe through the roses
Waiting to Soar
The heat, the humidity....
Was the end as good as the beginning???

Day 4 July 3rd
A Peeve about a Crayon
How Fast is that line?
A little this and a little that...

Day 5 July 4th
You want me to park where?
Trains, Plains and Trees
A hot show and a cool treat
More animals in interesting poses....
Beastly Bazaar
4th of July Fireworks Part #2

Day 6 July 5th
The morning after
It is summertime after all.....
DUDE Where's the CAR??
The Last Night

DISNEYLAND
Arrival and outside
Hotel lobby Part 2 Part 3
Check In Area
Studio
Verandah Day and night Fireworks from the verandah
General Resort Pictures Part #2
Pool shots
White water Snacks

Private Entrance to CA
California Adventure Hollywoodland
Hyperion Theater - Aladdin Show Part #2
Monsters Inc.
Frankenweenie and ToT
A Bugs Life
A Bugs Life #2, Golden Vine Winery area, Grizzly Peak
Carsland #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Luigi's Flying Tires
Tow Mater's tractors
Blue Sky Cellar- Carsland preview center Part#2
Cats and Paradise Pier Part #2 Part #3
Mickey's Fun Wheel and WoC geek shots
Paradise Pier and Little Mermaid CA style Part # 2 more Little Mermaid
Soarin' and Carthay Circle
World of Color
Down Town Disney and some shopping
Disneyland Part #2
Matterhorn and Dumbo
The Bathroom update

First Bathrooms now Shopping!!! Part #2
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

Fantasyland ( Part #2) (Part #3) ( Part #4)
Tomorrowland (Part #2)
Main Street
Tiki Room Cont.
Frontierland- BTMRR
Splash Mtn.
Critter Country- Pooh
Haunted Mansion Holiday
New Orleans Square and Pirates ( Part #2)
Jungle Cruise ( Part #2)
Train!!
TOONTOWN (1) Part #2 Part #3 Part #4 Part #5 Part #6 Part#7 Part #8
Part #9 Part #10
Looking for Nemo and the monorail
Fireworks and Fantasmic part 1 Part 2
Mickey's Halloween party

GFV part #1 Part #2 Part #3 Part #4 Part #5 Part #6 Part #7 GFV 2 bedroom Part #2

Am I first? :banana:

Horrible Trip? This has GOT to be good!!! :lmao:

Certainly sounds like it is getting off to a horrible start, for sure!!! :crazy2: Pretty much standard for trying to get away on vacation I guess. That last day at work before leaving it ALWAYS seems like Murphy is working overtime!!! :sad2:

I'm guessing it gets much better or you probably wouldn't want to relive it via a TR!!! :goodvibes

OHHHH just when I was about to be sad that the other TR ended you've started a fresh one WOOHOOO(now if only everyone would do that)LOL I have disney depression and 38 days can't come fast enough!!!

Certainly sounds like it is getting off to a horrible start, for sure!!! :crazy2: Pretty much standard for trying to get away on vacation I guess. That last day at work before leaving it ALWAYS seems like Murphy is working overtime!!! :sad2:

I'm guessing it gets much better or you probably wouldn't want to relive it via a TR!!! :goodvibes

Of course you are first...you cheat! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hi, Pat. I'm here...just read your last update (which I now have to go back and comment on) on the holiday trip.

Great intro (love the photo of you with the balloon); can't wait to read this one.

I'm in! Sounds like a horrible trip so far. ;)

Jill in CO

Hi,
The title got me so am coming along for the ride. I love getting a new phone. I am due in December and cannot decide between the galaxy, iphone or the razr coming out in October.

Looking forward to reading more.

first page take that marv
:cool1:

nuts guess i should have seen who else replied first.

first page take that glenn.

now that i actually read it, good update, and sorry for your phone anticts, but looks like it worked out for you in the end.

A horrible trip to Disney ?? How can this be possible ??? And to have yours and Nebo's going on at the same time ?? Do we now have new meaning to "As the World Turns" ?? Can't wait to see what did - or didn't happen. I am still not convinced a trip to Disney can be horrible.

I'm in! I hope you're just being clever with your title and the trip wasn't really bad.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

party: :welcome: party:

The title will be explained in its entirety. Some of the disasters right before the trip, some just the potential of disasters and some the final result.

OHHHH just when I was about to be sad that the other TR ended you've started a fresh one WOOHOOO(now if only everyone would do that)LOL I have disney depression and 38 days can't come fast enough!!!

Glad you are here. I get through my in between trips by trying to re-live them. So it seems like I am always on one. ;)

Of course you are first...you cheat! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hi, Pat. I'm here...just read your last update (which I now have to go back and comment on) on the holiday trip.

Great intro (love the photo of you with the balloon); can't wait to read this one.

Marv cheat .... never... :rolleyes:

I took that picture at work ( my old facility, my new one does no do many parties, Mostly Seniors ) when those 2 huge Hello Kitty balloons came in for a party. That place I work at occassionally now so it is a treat for me.

I'm in! Sounds like a horrible trip so far. ;)

Jill in CO

I mean how horrible can Disney be??? ;) I was ready just to be out the door for a week. :rotfl2:

Hi,
The title got me so am coming along for the ride. I love getting a new phone. I am due in December and cannot decide between the galaxy, iphone or the razr coming out in October.

Looking forward to reading more.

Glad you came over. the new phone was not planned but necessary. I do have to say I am pretty darned pleased though. The razr is big, but so quick and easy.

Joining in!

I've seen you around! We hang out at some of the same trip reports. I'm a Beach Club groupie, so I'm thrilled to hear you will be visiting during your trip.

I'm in!

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter