Oh no my trip will be lost forever if it is not on Disboards! A photo journal.

So Suzy, I think, did Pirates. Then she had ressies at Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon Cafe.

So onto the boat they went. 4 boys, 3 balloons, & a mom. The video Charming took is quite amusing.

102_0831.jpg

I think they may have enjoyed themsleves:

102_0833.jpg

102_0834.jpg

That's all I've got of theirs. Sorry.

My family took a little side trip at 8:15 to the ASM. I got dessert: an awesome caramel sundae! mmmmmm!!!!! And Donald got a refillable mug. And yes, I did share my sundae with Boo. She :love::love::love::love: ice cream.

So after that we all met back at our rooms. And who should be there? Milo! By the way, we had three rooms. The big kid all shared a connecting room to Milo & Suzy. Sweet for Donald & I, eh?

Looks like someone asked for Ketchup!!! One of my favorite parts of eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe!!! WEEEEE NEEEEEED KETCHUP!!!!!!

Looks like someone asked for Ketchup!!! One of my favorite parts of eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe!!! WEEEEE NEEEEEED KETCHUP!!!!!!

I really like this place as well and all the fun stuff. We only went once when Boo was a baby and Donald was being contrary & didn't want the skillet so none of us got it. I'd love to go back & do it up right, but there is so much to do at WDW we haven't gotten around to doing it again.

When last I left you we were meeting Belle. After that we were seated in a little room next to a window. We have eaten in the MK castle before & I must say I thought Norway was superior. The MK castle is one giant room and you can see all the princesses as they make there way around the entire room. For me this is distracting as I should be focusing on my food & the princess with me instead of watching 100's of others experiences with the characters. So Norway was perfect. There were maybe 10 tables in our little room.

Before we were even settled Aurora came. She wasn't the scary one I usually seem to get. She was quite nice and Sleeping Beauty like. Quiet & sweet. She talked to Ariel & Mulan for a bit but after snapping my photo, I was focused on taking care of Boo & rearranging the chairs. But the big girls enjoyed her very much.

IMG_1595.jpg

Then Donald went up to see about the buffet. The food we would be receiving at our table was still breakfast but the buffet was being switched to lunch and he didn't think it was a good idea to mix Norweigan lunch buffet with American breakfast buffet. He got fruit & a few pastries/bagels but that was it as after that it was lunch so we didn't go back (I never even saw it and have no idea where it even was.) It was fine because:

Very shortly breakfast was delivered and the family devoured it:

IMG_1596.jpg

Boo LOVED this breakfast. Almost as much as Boma. Strawberries are a personal favorite of hers and these did not disappoint. Plus, she can eat her weight in eggs. So she was happy as could be. And, of course, we had her in the corner against the wall so she could be protected. She isn't into characters, as you may have noticed, even when they have a normal head. ;) I thought she wouldn't mind face characters but I guess a stranger is a stranger no matter how friendly.

Princess Ariel was next. She & Snow White came kind of together but Snow White held back and Mulan got plenty of time with her favorite princess. She :love: Ariel.

And all the Princess Ariel's we've ever met always feel the same about Mulan:
IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

And then came Snow White. She was the best princess I've ever met! Right up there with the fairy meet & greet where they truly go over the top in character play.

IMG_1601.jpg

After this photo she made an extra effort to get Boo to like her. When she saw Boo was not interested she asked Donald how he takes care of his four women. He said, "They pretty much take care of themselves." "Really?" she said, "Surprising! It takes seven men just to take care of me." It was adorable and said in all seriousness.

After that she knelt beside Boo & tried to engage her (without touching her) very politely and respectfully. When Boo seemed a little scared she asked if she could blow a kiss and Boo agreed:

IMG_1602.jpg

Boo thought Snow White was pretty awesome after this and talked about her for awhile afterward. And for parents having a really bad day, a beautiful & busy princess taking time to make their cranky baby happy is a really good way to get those parents to come back again next year! :wizard:

After that delightful ending we were all feeling MUCH better. We took time inside the door (it was nearing noon & crowded at the counter & POURING) to put our rain gear on. It was insane as we had a big pile and everyone else was taking theirs off. It isn't that small of an area but it felt ridiculously small as a dressing room of wet garments. But there was no choice.

So we got Boo in her stroller (dry thanks to my shower curtain and clips) and headed to get Mulan another pearl.

I really enjoyed the experience more this day than the night before as we had all the kids crowded around & the store had been full. This morning it was much calmer (though still very full.)

Here is Mulan's choices:
IMG_1607.jpg

We found a SUPER DUPER ugly one and had our little ceremony.
IMG_1610.jpg

And it was even bigger than the day before's!

IMG_1611.jpg

You see her look of happiness! :cloud9: Unfortunately it is still in that bag as I can't find a cage for it & think setting a pearl for a 10 year old is a bit crazy. Since she clearly loses them I don't want to pour too much money into it. We'll see. But just the same, she was thrilled and we really do have a keepsake for the ages.

After that we set out to find Marie in France. But as we were walking through Morocco we were told Aladdin & Jasmine had no line so we went there instead. This is where the rain started to getting to me even more as we had to take off all our rain gear AGAIN to get a nice photo. Every time we took off the ponchos we got a little wetter as they dripped on us. Plus, we are starting to look goofy. Like drowned rats.

Image0230.jpg

We were the only ones in there & they took a lot of time with us. Donald didn't go in with Boo. But it rounded out the princesses for my big girls. Princesses had been checked off the list in a really big way!

Aladdin was REALLY nice:
Image0225.jpg

Here is how Boo looked:
IMG_1614.jpg

Notice the bare feet. I was so over everything and it was so wet I just let her be barefoot all day. How can you tell a 2.5 year old she has to have wet feet? You just can't.

We decided to take the boat back to Future World as Marie was inside the building up front. We stopped and did a bit of Innovations until her time. I don't remember a lot about this all except I was carrying wet ponchos and not having a lot of fun. But here are the photos.

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

I did enjoy these ducks. Oh, and this waiting area is under shelter. No raining on us!
IMG_1618.jpg

Image0233.jpg

There was quite the line for Marie and it wasn't going well because all of us were brain dead and so a family would get to the front & the handler would then remind them to take all the rain gear off. So it took awhile. But she was great and we had fun both with the families in line and Marie & her handler. We sang a bit and she danced with us. It's a nice memory:

IMG_1620.jpg

At this point Donald was really not feeling well and the rest of us were just done. We couldn't fight the rainstorm one more minute so we headed to the resort.

You had the best Princess experience! Your photos are wonderful. I think we'll try Norway for the Princess buffet next time!

We've not seen Marie. I hope we see her when we're there next year. I want to give her hug like your girls did!

I'm enjoying your trip report and look forward to more! :goodvibes

You had the best Princess experience! Your photos are wonderful. I think we'll try Norway for the Princess buffet next time!

We've not seen Marie. I hope we see her when we're there next year. I want to give her hug like your girls did!

I'm enjoying your trip report and look forward to more! :goodvibes

It really is a lovely breakfast. Because I was soaking & Boo wasn't really into characters yet I've made another ADR for it this year so we can have a redo. It was great last time, but we all agreed it could have been even better. So Suzy, my mom, me, Boo, & Jack-Jack are going in a few weeks and then our plans are for the spring to go to BBB and then do this breakfast with all the girls made up. But that's for my pre-trippie which I'll start as soon as I get this TR done. I want to get it up & running so we can post LIVE reports while we're there!!! Just two more weeks!

So this day had had some issues with it. But I knew it would work out fine for the kids because it was Donald & my turn to babysit so Milo & Suzy could go to Jiko for their date night. We had had a little vote whether the kids would like to do more Epcot or stay at the resort & swim and do the arcade. They had all voted arcade. To be honest, even had they voted Epcot we would have changed their vote to arcade because it was still pouring and not pleasant.

Suzy wanted to change anyway so they opted to meet us back at the resort versus our original plan of picking up their kids at Epcot. Or something like that.

Anyway, we went back to the resort early & I used 2 CS credits and a snack credit or something to get a pizza. You put your name in & they give you a buzzer. Then you go pick up your 2 drinks and 2 desserts and "pay" and then when the buzzer goes off you get pizza. So I did this (and paid for breadsticks) & carried it to the family so we could eat in our room. This was a GREAT idea!

IMG_1621.jpg

My big girls hung out in their room for awhile and Donald slept while Boo & I entertained ourselves while outside the wind & rain poured down. It wasn't too long, maybe an hour or so, and Suzy & Milo were back. Their Jiko reservation was early so it worked out well.

So I go to wake Donald up & he kind of grunts.

I'm like, "Donald, we promised the kids we'd do a treasure hunt and the arcade." Donald is famous for his treasure hunts and Suzy & Milo's kids like them as much as out kids.

But he just grunted. And woke up enough to say, "Can't you just take them?"

At first I wanted to be angry. Seven kids and one adult? I'm sick too you yo-yo!!!!!!! :mad:

But I guess I had used up all my "I'm overused & underappreciated & this is my vacation too, darnit!" energy. So instead I sucked in a deep breath and thought, "I can do this alone & I can make it the kids favorite memory."

Yes, I'm crazy.

I packed all the kids in the van so we didn't get too drenched (walking from Country to the front) and dropped them off under the carport. I know this sounds insane since I had a lot of little ones & was sending them in without an adult but the parking was right there & the last thing I needed was to start the night out with totally soaking kids. So I parked for a moment and gave them a speech about going in to the t.v. viewing area & the Charming was in charge, that I would be in in 60 seconds & if any kid disobeyed my strict rules, talked to a stranger, etc. then ALL SEVEN would be driven back to our rooms & they could forget about the arcade.

Needless to say this is what I found once I parked & ran quickly into the door:

IMG_1622.jpg

Yup, seven obedient children watching the tv. Plus two bonus kids I don't know.

Although our girls had had pizza, the Suzy gang hadn't eaten. So we went get food first.

I stood in one line & got chicken & fries and Charming stood in another line and got (I'm sure) pizza. The chicken and fries were gone long before the pizza arrived:
IMG_1623.jpg

They were playing Disney trivia and so we all enjoyed that while they ate:
IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

So far things had been going well and we were all having a great time. One adult and seven kids having a night out on the town CAN work. See?

And that is where I was led into a false sense that I would have a relaxing time enjoying my seven favorite kids. See, I had checked out the video room earlier and it only had one exit/entrance. So I decided that I would just sit next to the door and make sure Boo nor Jack-Jack left and they could all run around like maniacs. This works at playgrounds, it should work at an arcade, right?

So we go into the arcade & I hand out the three free 30 minute cards and pay for one additional 30 minute card for each of the other kids. Perfect. Everyone has their own card but Jack-Jack and Boo who can't play anyway. The arcade is completely empty so I take a few pics of the kids:

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

And then I sit down by the door with the book I had brought. I know, I know. It is truly delusional of me to take 7 kids out and think that I would have time to read. But I swear, I'm that clueless sometimes.

So I sit there for about 30 seconds, I was SO happy. And so proud. For those 30 seconds I was the smartest & most competant mother in the world.

And then it happened. McQueen's card wouldn't work. I got up and tried to get it to work and it wouldn't. It had 29 minutes still left so I talked Charming who had 25 minutes left into trading cards & McQueen was happy and Charming was happy.

Then I sat back down at my post.

Then Mulan hit the ticket jackpot and asked me to take care of her tickets:
IMG_1632.jpg

And that is the last time I sat down. Because McQueen's card wouldn't work. It turns out it was user error. But no matter how many lessons, he couldn't get it to work. So I needed to follow him around and run it for him.

IMG_1634.jpg

So I decided to snap a few shots of all the kids having a blast:

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

The arcade was starting to fill up. And the door kept opening and closing and I was no where near it. Buzz at one point totally disappeared which sent me into a panic. Turns out he had to pee & just wandered off & didn't tell me. Charming found him within seconds but it was from that moment I lost control.

Because now I am not keeping my viligant door post and I have two toddlers, an Asperger's kid, a 6 year old who had anger management problems, and a 6 year old who has gotten lost many times due to being in her own world. I'm charge of everyone's tickets (and they must be kept seperate). I'm running McQueen's card. And the arcade is FULL. The door opened about every 15 seconds. Causing me to dash from whatever job I was currently doing to check out who was leaving or coming into the arcade.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the kids were having the time of their lives. All seven of them were just enjoying themselves like only an arcade at WDW could do. So in addition to all my other jobs, I simply had to take photos. I had to.

In retrospect, they are hilarious as you can see me slowly lose control of my children. The photos this night start off with them calmly obeying me and sitting at the tv and then at dinner. You will see the slow loss of control below:

Watching Charming play his favorite game:
IMG_1638.jpg

Watching the kids play each other:
IMG_1641.jpg

Not being able to find Boo & Jack-Jack because they were hiding in the photo booth while I was helping McQueen with his card and then me having an absolute heart attack and getting all the children in the arcade to scream their names:
IMG_1645.jpg

And finally truly just letting them do whatever while I taught all the children how to stick the tickets in the counting machine so they could get their prizes. Sorry to everyone trying to actually PLAY in the arcade this evening:
IMG_1647.jpg

After this I decided to get everyone ice cream. If there is one thing my mama taught me it's ice cream makes everything ok. So we hopped into the ice cream line. There was only two people in front of me. But I swear, and I'm not saying this just because I had seven kids, they were the two most indecisive people in WDW, no, in the US, no in the UNIVERSE!!! Kill me now! McQueen and Buzz (who has a VERY loud voice) are complaining about it while swinging upside down on the metal bar behind me.

You would think this would phase the slowest ice cream scooping guy in world, but no. I get them to shut up (by literally grabbing them and saying, "SHUT UP! I've told you to use an inside voice and you can't. So new rule: Absolutely NO TALKING in the ice cream line." See, Charming normally would be keeping them in check but he had wandered off to get himself a non ice cream treat so I was by myself with the six little ones.

You would think my firm talking would have done the trick but McQueen is a debater. "We can't order?" You can tell me your order. "But..." Finally he stopped the arguing with me and started twirling on that pole with Buzz. So I grab them both, hard, and stand them up & say, "One more thing, and you get no ice cream." Then I realize I've lost Boo & Jack-Jack as they are chasing each other around the lobby area of the food area. My head is ready to EXPLODE because it is just too much for me. They are too wound up and there are too many of them.

Thank goodness Charming comes at this moment & grabs the little ones and settles them into a table. Really, thank goodness because I really didn't know what to do. And the scooper is still scooping so slow you cannot imagine.

FINALLY, and I mean 10 minutes later, the two people have their ice cream. And it is our turn. I want each kid to have their own choice and since there are six of us and this guy just took 10 minutes to serve two people I ask if he can get help. Despite my stress level I was very nice about it but just explained I need six kids ice cream and I'd like it sometime before midnight.

He was nice and got a girl to help. And she was a scooping machine. It took a very short amount of time and we all had ice cream. WOOHOO!!!! Like I said, ice cream makes everything better.

So we sit down and everyone is in a great mood (including me now that Charming is with me and everyone is coralled at a table).
IMG_1648.jpg

Strawberry over vanilla is Boo's favorite:
IMG_1649.jpg

OK, so maybe I don't have everyone actually under control:
IMG_1650.jpg

This is the moment Donald shows up. It was a toss up for me whether to be mad at him for dumping the responsibility on my shoulders or just glad another adult showed up. Finally my heart settled on happy to have another adult. Though, deep inside, I think, I harbored some resentment towards him as the next day we did not work together well. And, in fact, I was so over him that I kind of stopped even trying to communicate. But that is for tomorrow.

THIS night, I was just glad to have an adult. He went to get food, I think.

At this point Buzz is DYING because they are having a Wii bowling tournament. He LOVES Wii and really wants to play but we didn't sign up and they are almost done and won't let anyone new sign up. But I let the kids go and "watch" which is really more like hovering.

And the most wonderful CM in the world has pity on us.

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

After this we all drove back to our rooms and I threw the babies into a bubble bath, cleaned up the kid's room for a moment (I had been a bad sister and left the kid's room mostly to Suzy. She was only slightly bitter.)

Suzy & Milo got back and it was time for some college football! Yeah!

And look who seems fit as a fiddle?
IMG_1658.jpg

I'm still here, still reading and still enjoying this TR very much. I have had a few distractions,;) but I am all caught up now

I think Disneyaddicted was there as well. Shout out to all who endured this day in early December. Ugg!

So I marched my sad, upset, and overall depressed family through the driving rain. And went back to the Akershus counter where So it's just me & Boo (in her stroller.) When it comes to manipulating people I am excellent. I'm so good that I rarely pull out my skills because they are dangerous. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The key to getting what you want to is to be very NON emotional, very appreciative, very understanding. But unmovable. So the girl is not being persuaded but I'm not moving from the counter.

"I totally understand that it is my mistake. But could you check again?"

She checks, no.

So I don't say anything but I just stand there at her podium. And in the silence (people hate silence) she says,

"But it's almost lunch, you won't have the best experience."

Ha, ha!!!!! There is the tiny opening I was looking for, I am winning!!!!!!!!!!! So I then say, with just the right amount of emotion, but still very appreciative, "That's OK. Anything you can do for us. It will just ruin my little girls' trip if they can't eat with the princesses and they won't even notice if the food is sub-par."

So this time she gets on her walkie-talkie & instead of asking the manager (who has already told her no within the last 2 minutes) she says, "I'm sure we have something, what about table_____?" And with great delight I turn and wave to my family and we are IN!!!! It took me about 10 minutes of quiet, calm calculating persuasion & nerves of steel, but we are IN!

I was at AK on this day, the rain at one point was hitting the ground so hard that it would fly back up and hit you, ponchos barely kept you dry.

Amazing work getting into Akershus:worship: I am speechless. They do have a decent breakfast, and I really liked the character interaction there too. I am with Boo again, Snow White can be pretty awesome

And then I sit down by the door with the book I had brought. I know, I know. It is truly delusional of me to take 7 kids out and think that I would have time to read. But I swear, I'm that clueless sometimes.

So I sit there for about 30 seconds, I was SO happy. And so proud. For those 30 seconds I was the smartest & most competant mother in the world.
I've had those moments where for 30 seconds I am the most smartest person, it really stinks when reality hits, but you did great!

now I am not keeping my viligant door post and I have two toddlers, an Asperger's kid, a 6 year old who had anger management problems, and a 6 year old who has gotten lost many times due to being in her own world. I'm charge of everyone's tickets (and they must be kept seperate). I'm running McQueen's card. And the arcade is FULL. The door opened about every 15 seconds. Causing me to dash from whatever job I was currently doing to check out who was leaving or coming into the arcade.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a workout.

After this I decided to get everyone ice cream. If there is one thing my mama taught me it's ice cream makes everything ok. So we hopped into the ice cream line. There was only two people in front of me. But I swear, and I'm not saying this just because I had seven kids, they were the two most indecisive people in WDW, no, in the US, no in the UNIVERSE!!! Kill me now! McQueen and Buzz (who has a VERY loud voice) are complaining about it while swinging upside down on the metal bar behind me.
:lmao:I can just picture that too
You would think this would phase the slowest ice cream scooping guy in world, but no. I get them to shut up (by literally grabbing them and saying, "SHUT UP! I've told you to use an inside voice and you can't. So new rule: Absolutely NO TALKING in the ice cream line." See, Charming normally would be keeping them in check but he had wandered off to get himself a non ice cream treat so I was by myself with the six little ones.

You would think my firm talking would have done the trick but McQueen is a debater. "We can't order?" You can tell me your order. "But..." Finally he stopped the arguing with me and started twirling on that pole with Buzz. So I grab them both, hard, and stand them up & say, "One more thing, and you get no ice cream." Then I realize I've lost Boo & Jack-Jack as they are chasing each other around the lobby area of the food area. My head is ready to EXPLODE because it is just too much for me. They are too wound up and there are too many of them.
I feel so bad for you, this was your vacation right?:confused3
Thank goodness Charming comes at this moment & grabs the little ones and settles them into a table. Really, thank goodness because I really didn't know what to do. And the scooper is still scooping so slow you cannot imagine.

FINALLY, and I mean 10 minutes later, the two people have their ice cream. And it is our turn. I want each kid to have their own choice and since there are six of us and this guy just took 10 minutes to serve two people I ask if he can get help. Despite my stress level I was very nice about it but just explained I need six kids ice cream and I'd like it sometime before midnight.

He was nice and got a girl to help. And she was a scooping machine. It took a very short amount of time and we all had ice cream. WOOHOO!!!! Like I said, ice cream makes everything better.
What a chaotic night, sometimes I miss the days of my kids being little, but for right now I am happy they are grown and ignore me for the most part.:lmao:
They don't always ignore me, they do look me in the eye when asking for money.
I hope the rest of your vacation runs a little more smoothly.

I'm still here, still reading and still enjoying this TR very much. I have had a few distractions,;) but I am all caught up now

I was at AK on this day, the rain at one point was hitting the ground so hard that it would fly back up and hit you, ponchos barely kept you dry.

Amazing work getting into Akershus:worship: I am speechless. They do have a decent breakfast, and I really liked the character interaction there too. I am with Boo again, Snow White can be pretty awesome

What a chaotic night, sometimes I miss the days of my kids being little, but for right now I am happy they are grown and ignore me for the most part.:lmao:
They don't always ignore me, they do look me in the eye when asking for money.
I hope the rest of your vacation runs a little more smoothly.

:lmao::lmao: to your kids looking you in the eye when they ask for money! That cracked me up.

Yes, it was my vacation too but, but, but: I'm a mom, darnit, and my biggest joy in the world is watching my kids have fun, even if it's at my own detriment. But it was just a shade more than I could handle. Just one tiny bump down from "under control" to "mostly under control." :lmao: Which, of course, in translation means: "totally NOT under control. ;)

Charming is almost like an adult and has a GREAT handle on his brothers. But I didn't feel like I could ask him to give up his own fun in the arcade. The sensible thing would have been to make him handle McQueen's card in the arcade. Probably any sensible adult would have done that. But I'm not sensible. And I hated to think of Charming missing out on his arcade time. But if I had to do it over, I would have been more sensible and made him in charge of McQueen. Notice how I don't say, "I would have been more sensible and not taken seven kids out on the town by myself." My sensibleness only goes so far. :lmao: Despite the ice cream chaos, I still would have done this night. We have the best kids and I adored watching them have a super great time.

And all too soon Disney was done.

:sad2:

I would love to say that our last full day (we were to leave bright and early the next day) was bright and sunshiny and full of wonderment and delight. But alas. We woke up to this:

IMG_1660.jpg

Yup, it was cold, stormy, and miserable. Yet, again.

Mulan wanted to do DHS. Ariel wanted MK. So we decided DHS, as led by Mulan's choice 1st, then MK the whole afternoon, led by Ariel's choices. We meant to get a slow start and take it easy. But that isn't really how we roll.

Instead we were up & at 'em!

We started out at RnR. Donald opted to hang in the gift shop with Boo after getting this Photopass pics:

Image0235.jpg

This is the crazy crew that rode first thing in the a.m.!
Image0240.jpg

I love RnR but this wasn't my favorite ride on it. As soon as we got inside we needed to strip off our soaking things. Everyone else was doing the exact same thing. So we all got wet while taking off the wet things. Not fun. Then I got nervous that the girls would lose a poncho on the ride. And as you recall Ariel was wearing MY jacket. So I decided to hold them myself. Not only did this get me wet but it also meant I was concentrating on dropping them inside of just relaxing into the ride. Don't get me wrong, this is still awesome & riding it unfocused is WAY better than not riding at all.

But compared to my gleeful, thrilling, front seat ride of EE, this version of RnR needs replaced with a new gleeful memory from this year.

Here's our post pic:
IMG_1663.jpg

After this we decided to grab some grub and use up some of those CS credits. I was feeling stuffed after an entire week of eating and thought I probably had gained 10 lbs so I decided to take a run to TSM instead of eating.

Here's a pic of the fam enjoying the most delicious bagels EVER! Seriously, these were amazing. And I swear I only had one bite before I dashed off.
IMG_1666.jpg

It was probably 20 min after opening, maybe 30. And the TSM FP lines had died down a little bit. And we had a reasonable come back time. Somewhere around noon, I can't remember exactly.

Here's my family walking back towards me:
IMG_1668.jpg

From the moment we woke up Boo had been saying, "I wanna go home, I wanna go home." It was just constant. She was UNHAPPY. So to make her happy we decided to hit the first Playhouse Disney.

But on our way over there we saw lots & lots of characters without lines under the roof at the Animation Academy. There were no lines because they were just coming out and because you had to stand in the rain to get your photo taken.

There was a Photopass person but Boo still hated characters (tho she was warming up to them) so one of us always stayed out to stand with her and her stroller. It was really nice. We were able to do whatever we wanted & take as much time as we wanted. For a couple characters it was just us & then it was just us and another family.

Image0245.jpg

Image0248.jpg

Image0250.jpg

Image0252.jpg

Image0259.jpg

Image0262.jpg

One Pluto left & another came so there was no one to know we'd already had our Pluto experience :rotfl:
IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

So now that everyone was happy, yummy bagels, coffee in hand, Boo not crying about "Just wanting to go home", characters met with no lines & no money forked over at character breakfast, and TSM FP's in our pocket, we headed into Playhouse Disney.

This time Boo REALLY enjoyed herself. She knew what to expect and was one happy, happy kid.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1673-1.jpg

This was a happy morning. In spite of it being rainy, it wasn't scary rainy like the day before and we were all very relaxed from being at Disney a whole week.

Our happy morning to be continued (picture count)...

First, two quick comments: Do you see my Mickey earrings in that last pic? I still wear them when I need to cheer up.

And do you see how not great Ariel & Mulan look? I was so sick of the rain & misery I told them to wear whatever they wanted and I think they might be in what they wore to bed and just thrown a sweatshirt over it. Hilarious! And of course, this has to be our impromptu character photo day. Not the day we all look put together & matching. At least I look like I'm wearing mascara, though I don't see lipstick and blush and quite possible no foundation. Put a fork in us, we're done.

OK, I realize this TR is moving along quickly. But, see, I'm getting ready for my next trip to WDW in less than 2 weeks so time is a wasting!!! I don't even have a packing list yet and normally I'm already mostly DONE packing my 2 weeks out. I'm seriously behind.

Anyway. We had a great time at Playhouse Disney. The rain was dying down. Mulan wanted to do the Animation studio again and I wanted to take our photo with Mickey. I wanted Boo to have one last chance to meet Mickey, despite her knowing for a fact that he was terrifying.

Donald was letting Boo run around and play and she was enjoying this:
IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

Boo, Would you like to meet Mickey Mouse????

NOOOOO!!!!

Image0271.jpg

"Disney is not that cool, why do you like him?"

How many Oscars have you won? That's why. Even the Academy recognized his genius. Well, that and other reasons. ;) Like the happiest park in the world.
IMG_1682.jpg

Only, it wasn't the happiest place in the world. Boo started crying. And crying. And crying.

I decided to show her Woody and Buzz through the glass. She pressed her face against the glass and thought they were cool, but didn't want to see them. And started to whine and cry that she wanted to go home. So I did what any sensible mother would do. Remember how sensible I am? I bought her a toy. I told her if she would stop crying I would buy her an under $15.00 Pixar bath toy set that I thought was perfect. She really liked it and we separated from the others (no clue what they did, I was lost in Boo-land) and went to get coffee #2 for Donald and a treat for Boo in the Writer's Stop. Our fave!

And here is where this picture belongs (I think I may have put it in the wrong place.)

IMG_1683.jpg

That giant cookie was GOOD! I sat down and read while Boo got lost in her imagination with her new toys. It was bliss. :cloud9: Then I read her a princess and the frog book they had there.

And then we were done and the family was there and it was time to move on. Boo was happy again.

We headed to Beauty and the Beast and got better seats.
IMG_1684.jpg

Boo enjoyed it just as much as the first time. But when she got in her stroller she FREAKED OUT! Majorly. And nothing we said helped. Generally this means she is hungry or tired so we decided to head for lunch. The ABC Commissary seemed perfect since we just had Idol and TSM to do. I figured she'd calm down as soon as she saw french fries.

She screamed from the theater all the way into the CS. Donald said to order & he'd calm her down. They found a deserted corner and he rocked her. But this is what she still was doing when I got everyone set up with food:
IMG_1694.jpg

She ate not a single french fry and we finally snapped her into her stroller and threw a blanket over it with her in the corner. For some unknown reason two young men came and sat at the table right next to us, despite her screaming. They kept looking at her and it was making me nervous but Donald said they had sat there willingly (there were lots of empty corners) and if it bothered them, they could leave. After a silent and miserable lunch, I packed a few fries and we headed outside.

Again, we were just sure Boo would calm down, especially since nothing was wrong with her. Donald said we would proceed with the day and she would fall asleep. He took charge as I was ready to throw in the towel.

We all watch AI at home and so Boo quieted and was willing to go in. But it turns out this was the scariest ride of them all. At every corner she was terrified a spider would drop from the ceiling or a dinosaur would crash through the floor. She was slightly entertained by the voting buttons. And she wasn't screaming. But she wasn't happy.

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

I enjoyed this and can't wait to do it again. It was, hands down, Boo's least favorite thing we did. Even over T-Rex. She didn't try to grab a random stranger, but that's probably because there weren't any near us.

After this she got really excited because I told her we could ride TSM again which was her FAVORITE thing after Playhouse Disney. Maybe even more than that. Or maybe right after Barnstormer. Whichever, she got really excited and even smiled.

Off we headed:
Who was the smarty who got FP's this a.m.? That's right: ME!!!!
IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

When it was over Boo was unhappy AGAIN. Donald bought her popcorn and let her look at Woody and Buzz again.

IMG_1705.jpg

Do we look rough, or what?

It was about 2:00 and we started to walk towards the exit so we could go to MK. I thought Boo would sleep on the way to MK. But I was wrong. She didn't sleep. And when we pulled into yet another parking lot and yet another tram she started to scream. And she did not stop. She screamed and screamed and screamed.

I was so horrified. Truly, really horrified. I told Donald to just leave me and I would get her to sleep, dagnabit!!! I went into the MK bathroom right there at the front and it was empty. I sat against the wall in the back and held her & sang to her. This wonderful woman came and sat next to me and said, "I've been there, honey, can I help?" She didn't know it, but she helped a lot. In fact, through all the horror of Boo this day we got almost NO ugly looks. Only support. That is one of the reasons I love WDW.

I finally got her to sleep.

IMG_1709.jpg

I would say, all told, Boo spent 2 hours screaming in this stroller on this day between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. And it was my last day at WDW. What a day!!!

So I wandered over with the sleeping Boo to BTMRR and got FP's for about an hour into the future. I then bought what my momma taught me makes everyone (mostly me) happy: ICE CREAM!!!!!! And not just any ice cream, but the bestest ice cream ever!

IMG_1714.jpg

I ate it as I slowly walked to future world. It was so nice.

I gave Ariel the rest:
IMG_1715.jpg

Donald took the sleeping Boo while I rode Buzz:
IMG_1716.jpg

I was too exhausted to play so I just looked for hidden Mickey's
IMG_1717.jpg

Then we rode BTMRR:
IMG_1710.jpg

It was so blissful to have a sleeping Boo and to have it not be raining. But truth be told Donald and I were emotionally exhausted. Disney is hard work, but I've never been emotionally exhausted there before. But, as I said before, from the moment my parents stepped foot in the world, through no fault of their own, the little maple syrup tap had been stuck in my side and my emotional stress had been dripping out into the bucket. Drip, drip, drip. Every moment a little bit more draining out of my body.

This night we were ending our trip in grand style with O'hana ressies. We were meeting Milo & Suzy there. We had separate ADR's but at the same time.

I was excited, I love this meal. But I was also tired. So we dragged ourselves into the monorail. We checked in and had a bit of time. We went into the gift shop and Ariel and I picked out a cat food bowl.

And then we were called.

Next post is the end of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!

:surfweb: i read it start to finish today. loved all the pictures. great TR.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to laugh at myself, though, as that last picture has nothing to do with BTMMR. :lmao: No clue where it came from. I was having trouble with Photobucket today and had to upload photos one photo at a time, thus putting them in a totally backwards order. I think I just saw orange stone & thought: "BTMRR!" Still :rotfl::rotfl: at that one.

Is there a castle view from the bottom of BTMRR?

OK, I realize this TR is moving along quickly. But, see, I'm getting ready for my next trip to WDW in less than 2 weeks so time is a wasting!!! I don't even have a packing list yet and normally I'm already mostly DONE packing my 2 weeks out. I'm seriously behind.
I've been packing for the last 6 months for my December trip, I know I will still be throwing things in the suitcase as I'm walking out the door. And I only have to pack for myself.

I sat down and read while Boo got lost in her imagination with her new toys. It was bliss. :cloud9: Then I read her a princess and the frog book they had there.
This sounds so relaxing, I love the idea of reading a book to your child while in a Disney park.

After this she got really excited because I told her we could ride TSM again which was her FAVORITE thing after Playhouse Disney. Maybe even more than that. Or maybe right after Barnstormer. Whichever, she got really excited and even smiled.I missed out on TSM last year, I hope to do it this time. It's got to be good if Boo likes it.:)

I was so horrified. Truly, really horrified. I told Donald to just leave me and I would get her to sleep, dagnabit!!! I went into the MK bathroom right there at the front and it was empty. I sat against the wall in the back and held her & sang to her. This wonderful woman came and sat next to me and said, "I've been there, honey, can I help?" She didn't know it, but she helped a lot. In fact, through all the horror of Boo this day we got almost NO ugly looks. Only support. That is one of the reasons I love WDW.

I finally got her to sleep.I have never expereinced Disney world with young children, all the melt downs I witnessed were my own.:confused3 But I could feel your sadness and frustration in this post. I'm glad there was somebody there who could help even if all she could do was be understanding.:hug:

the little maple syrup tap had been stuck in my side and my emotional stress had been dripping out into the bucket. Drip, drip, drip. Every moment a little bit more draining out of my body.
Awesome analogy.
Well I am sad to see this come to an end, but you have another trip coming, will there be a TR for that? I'm wondering if Boo will do better with the characters this time.

And hopefully the weather will be perfect for you all.

Well I am sad to see this come to an end, but you have another trip coming, will there be a TR for that? I'm wondering if Boo will do better with the characters this time.

And hopefully the weather will be perfect for you all.

Yes! There will be. We are planning on going in Sept, March, and June :scared1: and I'm doing a combo trip. I just started the PTR and will post the link to that in my sum up post. It's not that interesting yet because I've been working on this, but it will be! I'm planning on talking about packing (oooo, fun!) and then having a few live reports as well as the 3 actual TR's of the 3 actual trips! So by next July it ought to be a monster. I'm way better at writing TR's sooner than I am this late.

I'm really hoping Boo does better this trip, too! She's a weird little kid because she is both super good and super exhausting. I swear I think she is OCD. For example, EVERY time on this trip she could see the Epcot ball, even if she could barely see it, she'd say, "Look Mommy, a ball!" Can you imagine? It was like 100,000 times. There were lots of little things like that.

She's still borderline OCD, the compulsiveness not as much, but the obsessions have deepened. I think she might have something called GAD, general anxiety disorder, but she's too little to be diagnosed with anything. I've been working with her to try and get her anxiety down, but only time will tell if it helps.

She's bound and determined right now that she loves characters and talks of eating with Mickey obsessively. But I have my doubts she'll actually hug him. We went to Chuck E Cheese, which she :love:!!! and it was a really scary one. But when Chuck E Cheese himself came out she panicked and just sat in her seat terrified, fascinated, but terrified. But since then she has talked & talked about him and Mickey both being mice and both being so nice.

She also keeps saying, "Boys and girls talk, animals don't talk. Except Chuck E. Cheese talks. And Mickey." So, no, I don't think she'll be hugging Mickey this year. But hopefully she'll think seeing them from her stroller is awesome.

After I wrote the emotional tap comment I remembered that I have cried in Epcot once & been emotionally drained. On our 2007 trip I had a terrible work thing happen with an insane bride. But it wasn't like this trip where the emotional drain was within my family. And I'm POSITIVE it won't happen this year. :)

Ready for a food review? This is a year old so I can't remember EXACTLY what everything tasted like. But I still remember what I way too much of!

So we get called, and the Suzy & Milo team get called shortly thereafter. We got seated in a really great place, way better than last time. This time we were here near windows and in the main room.

We walk past this:
IMG_1720.jpg

I wasn't in the mood to get a drink. So we just said, "BRING ON THE FOOD!"

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

I love broccoli and this was delish, just the right amount of crunchiness. The salad was good too, though I didn't want to fill up on salad & broccoli! The wings were good but I don't generally like wings so I mostly just sucked on one to get all the yummy sauce taste in my mouth. And I really enjoyed the pot sticker/fried wonton things. Mmmmm....

That was the only noodle bite I had. It wasn't good enough to waste tummy room on. But my kids loved them.

Bring on the skewers!
IMG_1730.jpg

I mostly ate pork and chicken. Donald and Ariel LOVED the steak. They really were diggin' it.

So, while we were digging in, Donald says, "I think we should just pay and drive to Ohio."

I said, "Tonight? It's like 6:30. By the time we get back to the resort it'll be 8:00 and we aren't packed at all!"

And he said, "We could just do it fast."

I pondered it a moment and decided it was a good idea. Better than driving 14 hours all in one day. So I went and asked Suzy & Milo. Here's their table:

IMG_1729.jpg

And they said, "Sure," after thinking and talking about it a moment. We'd stay in Georgia somewhere and have a shorter drive the next day. Then this lady came:
IMG_1721.jpg

And the kids & I tried our hand at dancing:
IMG_1724.jpg

Let me tell you something, we were the sorriest dancers of the bunch. Terrible. Embarrassingly terrible. I'm not a terrible dancer, I swear. But I hadn't been paying attention to the directions and this kind of dancing requires grace. Not a single one of us has anything close to grace. We're more the Get Down and Boogie types.

After that, I was done. All I could think was, "I have to pack." It was like chanting in my head. So the end of this meal took FOREVER! It seemed like an hour to pay our meal and get out of there despite me telling our server to hurry it up. But it probably wasn't that long. It just felt long.

FINALLY, we were out of there. I went to the front desk and asked for a map and directions so we could walk to the TTA & skip the monorail. This was like a treasure hunt to the TTA. But we did pretty good. I was leading with the map and talking to Suzy on the phone to explain how to do it. She's the one good with directions, not me, so that conversation was probably a total waste. I'm sure they could have found it without my help. ;)

So there was a tram waiting and we were parked REALLY far from the TTA so I was happy. We got the back seat and the girl was super funny. I told her I'd take her pic for my TR and she loved the idea:
IMG_1732.jpg

And just like that we were on our way to the resort.

Donald & I were like crazy packing machines. Bags & things were just flying!!!! Lickety split & we were ready to go. We decided that I would go use the rest of our CS/Snack credits on food for the road and check us out while he packed.

When I went to the front desk to check out the lady was very upset that we were leaving early and asked what was wrong and how she could help. She tried to get me a discount for the night we weren't staying there but I explained we'd already eaten the "free" food and so really we'd gotten the value out of that night. I mean, if you want to give me money back, that'd be awesome, but it's like 9 p.m., I was leaving at 5 a.m. anyway and I already used my tickets and food. Finally she understood and I was allowed to go.

So I went to order a pizza (we had a lot of CS left) and pick out drinks and snacks while that was cooking. All the while Donald keeps calling me and asking me if I had the van keys. This super stressful because A) he had lost the keys and had a very accusing tone of voice that I had lost them despite my being no where near him and B) I didn't have signal in the building so I had to keep stopping what I was doing and walking outside so I could talk to him.

FINALLY, I got the food & walked back to the van. He had found the keys (which he indeed had lost) but he was in a RAGE. His rages are not screaming rages, they are very quiet internal throwing things about. He is the ultimate packer and the rage didn't throw off his organization skills so shortly we were packed perfectly and ready to go.

Here is the Fridge I swapped and I walked this back to the luggage area when I checked out/got food:
IMG_1733.jpg

Here is Boo:
IMG_1734.jpg

She's staring at our t.v.'s

Anyway, back to Donald's rage. I mention his internal rage because it effected me in two ways, one is still bothering me.

Sometime while I was gone the stroller fell out of our car top carrier and broke a little bit. It was a MacClaren, pink and brand new. It was still under warranty and had cost me $129.00. I LOVED this stroller. It had a big basket, one hand fold, a carrying strap, a canopy. It was perfect. Donald had refused all week to have a lesson on the stroller. Every time it was time to fold it he would say, "I hate this stroller" and I would fold it. So this night he took his rage out on my new stroller. I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened.

I do know that MONTHS later I was going to the mall with Suzy and asked him where my stroller was (I use a jogging stroller around home) and he confessed he had thrown it in the Disney dumpster. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

$129.00!!!

"Did it break?"
"Probably."
"Did you break it?"
"Maybe."
"And then you threw it away?"
"Yes."

Then Perla was in a rage!!!!!

"It was under warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Sorry."

Oh my goodness. Just even typing this I am still kinda mad about it. How could you beat a $129.00 stroller in a "I lost my keys" rage and then just dump it without telling your wife? MEN!

The second way it affected me is as we were pulling out of Disney World Donald turned on his GPS (I wasn't mad about the stroller, by the way, because I didn't know it was trashed until months later) and typed in our home address.

We call our GPS Sheila and she is not always the cleverest. But Donald likes her and would follow her blindly anywhere. So she's on and despite the fact that there are giant I-4 signs everywhere Donald is blindly following Sheila.

"This isn't the right way," I say.
"How do you know Sheila doesn't know a shortcut?"
"A shortcut to I-4? We're driving in the opposite direction. I could SEE I-4 on my right when you turn left."
"Sheila knows."

At this point the last 3 days just came flooding over me. I was exhausted. And if my entire family would just shut up, I would drive to Timbuktu if they wanted. I was dry. I had a nice drink in a Disney mug. And Boo was watching TV and not crying.

So go ahead and drive into the middle of nowhere. I had totally stopped talking. Which is odd because on our LAST WDW trip I was totally silent on the way home because I had lost my voice.

So after about 15 miles (YES, 15 MILES!!!) Donald says,
"Do you think I should turn around?"

Me: silence.

At this point my phone rings and Suzy & Milo are on the road and ask where we are.

I say, "I don't know where we are. Somewhere in the middle of Florida driving deeper into the middle of nowhere."

To which Donald mutters, "Fine, I'm turning around."

Ya THINK?!?!?!?!

Anyhoooooo, we drove back to I-4 in silence and at some point he says, "Sorry."

And I just started crying. What a way to leave the most magical place on earth.

At some point we decided it was time to stop for the night and I told Suzy to just find something. They had stopped at the travel center and gotten a cheap hotel brochure thingy. So they pulled into a place and it was like $70.00. We're Priceline crazies so Donald thought it was too expensive but I was so drained it seemed like a bargain.

And look how nice our room was:
IMG_1736.jpg

We dropped into bed and slept pretty well. The beds were really comfy.

But we wanted to get an early start so we awoke before daybreak:
IMG_1737.jpg

Free breakfast! That helps with the $70.00 sting, right?

We were all in a much better mood this day and drove home. But truth be told, it took me a couple weeks to fully recover. Perhaps even through the kid's Christmas break.

I think perhaps my issue on this trip was I was delusional about Boo when we started. She is a darling little girl, entertains herself well, smiles easily. But she is difficult in bizarre ways, even, I'd say, frustrating ways. I said on this trip that she was suspicious of my intentions. And that is exactly true still. She didn't trust me. And she definitely didn't trust anyone else. Her anxiety just ate her alive and I didn't understand nor know how to deal with it.

I think without Boo, my parents wouldn't have drained me. It was the combo of it all.

And, of course, I was sick this entire trip, from start to finish, despite my trip to the Urgent Care. When we got home both Donald and I went to an ENT and have been getting help since.

So this year we are doing three things differently:
1) We aren't going in November when I am ALWAYS sick for the entire month.
2) We are getting AP's so there is never pressure to get "everything" done. We'll always "be right back"
3) I bought a new stroller (used and only $20.00) and told Donald he is not allowed to complain about it, not even once. :upsidedow

I feel SO bad for you - what a way to end your trip (I actually feel like crying!) I wish you could just have had a magical ending to your trip (I can sympathize regarding your hubby - my late husband sometimes would react like your husband and not listen especially when it came to directions and throwing a little temper tantrum if he felt frustrated. I'm totally sad that his first and only attempt to visit WDW ended w/him suffering a heart attack & dying in the motel room in Kissimmee before he even got the chance to take us to WDW in December 1994. As much as he frustrated me at times, I miss him! - Sorry - I didn't mean to make this sappy!!)

I hope you get a chance to visit WDW on a happier note really soon - I really enjoyed your TR and you and your family are beautiful fun people!

Wow, I wasted 2 days of work reading your TR!! :) We were there at the same time and man those last 2 rainy days were rough! I remember how hard it rained even into the night. We didn't even visit a park that 1st rainy day. We ran through DTD with a grumpy DH and sleeping DS to get lunch and ended up eating dinner off property just to get out of the room.

I too have a funny stroller/DH story. The first year we brought DS (20months at the time) we brought our big Evenflo stroller. Dh complained each and every time he folded it and unfolded it but it was a blessing to have. The last day we were leaving AKL and packing to head to the airport and DH got really mad at the stroller and started kicking it! Seriously, he was bashing it with his foot. Well, good ole DH bent the axle!! When we were trying to get out of the rental car return and I was trying to push DS to the terminal the wheels just would not turn!! I was soooo mad!! He just had to beat up that stroller ya know?! He said it made him feel better and I imagine it made your DH feel better too! :rotfl:

She's still borderline OCD, the compulsiveness not as much, but the obsessions have deepened. I think she might have something called GAD, general anxiety disorder, but she's too little to be diagnosed with anything. I've been working with her to try and get her anxiety down, but only time will tell if it helps.
You know that you say that, Boo reminds me alot of how my brother was when he was younger, we always thought all his fears about "strangers" (everybody and everything was a stranger) was due to one of my uncles telling him a ghost story. but as he got older he got more nervous and suspicious of everything. He was never formally diagnosed because back then my mom just thought he was a wierd kid.

He's in his 20's now and still has anxiety over things that most people wouldn't think twice about, he is an internal worrier, he won't vocalize it but it always shows on his face.

Poor Boo, do you ever wonder what she is thinking? She sounds like a really smart girl and deep thinker, maybe she is a genius and her thoughts are too deep for her to quite get at times.

anyway, I hope your next trip is awesome and less stressful.

Your DH tossing the stroller would have rotted my socks too. My DH used have those rages, I contributed it to he was just kind of thrown into my already made family and was still trying to learn how to be a husband and father, but he would get mad and break something, it was always something of mine too. He's over that now, it took a few years but he is pretty calm now.

I feel SO bad for you - what a way to end your trip (I actually feel like crying!) I wish you could just have had a magical ending to your trip (I can sympathize regarding your hubby - my late husband sometimes would react like your husband and not listen especially when it came to directions and throwing a little temper tantrum if he felt frustrated. I'm totally sad that his first and only attempt to visit WDW ended w/him suffering a heart attack & dying in the motel room in Kissimmee before he even got the chance to take us to WDW in December 1994. As much as he frustrated me at times, I miss him! - Sorry - I didn't mean to make this sappy!!)

I hope you get a chance to visit WDW on a happier note really soon - I really enjoyed your TR and you and your family are beautiful fun people!

Wow! That is quite the story and I'm SOOO sorry! Were you with him when that happened? Because my trip didn't end well, but no one died! Men & Dh's and their quirks are irritating but I can't even imagine my sweetheart not being with me. :sad2: Big BIG HUGS.

And I leave in 1 week for WDW! This trip had so many highlights and good moments that the final two days didn't ruin it for me. But I am glad it wasn't my first trip to WDW or I would have been one of the people who say WDW isn't for toddlers. Having been there with my other girls as toddlers I think WDW is a great place for toddlers. Just maybe not for Boo at 2. ;)

Wow, I wasted 2 days of work reading your TR!! :) We were there at the same time and man those last 2 rainy days were rough! I remember how hard it rained even into the night. We didn't even visit a park that 1st rainy day. We ran through DTD with a grumpy DH and sleeping DS to get lunch and ended up eating dinner off property just to get out of the room.

I too have a funny stroller/DH story. The first year we brought DS (20months at the time) we brought our big Evenflo stroller. Dh complained each and every time he folded it and unfolded it but it was a blessing to have. The last day we were leaving AKL and packing to head to the airport and DH got really mad at the stroller and started kicking it! Seriously, he was bashing it with his foot. Well, good ole DH bent the axle!! When we were trying to get out of the rental car return and I was trying to push DS to the terminal the wheels just would not turn!! I was soooo mad!! He just had to beat up that stroller ya know?! He said it made him feel better and I imagine it made your DH feel better too! :rotfl:

I'm so glad there are others in my circumstances! And yeah, had it not been for the rain I think this trip would have ended totally differently. Boo still would have been difficult but Donald and I would have been able to make better decisions. But the illness & rain dictated what we could & couldn't do instead of our kids dictating.

My poor Donald. He is a really great man. But those last 48 hours were rough. It would have made anyone crack. (I'm just mad I didn't get my $100.00 back from MacClaren!)

I just went to NYC with an ex-soldier and a stroller and I swear I thought he was going to beat that thing to death by the end of the trip, up & down the subway. So strollers must just push men's buttons. They ARE annoying.

You know that you say that, Boo reminds me alot of how my brother was when he was younger, we always thought all his fears about "strangers" (everybody and everything was a stranger) was due to one of my uncles telling him a ghost story. but as he got older he got more nervous and suspicious of everything. He was never formally diagnosed because back then my mom just thought he was a wierd kid.

He's in his 20's now and still has anxiety over things that most people wouldn't think twice about, he is an internal worrier, he won't vocalize it but it always shows on his face.

Poor Boo, do you ever wonder what she is thinking? She sounds like a really smart girl and deep thinker, maybe she is a genius and her thoughts are too deep for her to quite get at times.

anyway, I hope your next trip is awesome and less stressful.

Your DH tossing the stroller would have rotted my socks too. My DH used have those rages, I contributed it to he was just kind of thrown into my already made family and was still trying to learn how to be a husband and father, but he would get mad and break something, it was always something of mine too. He's over that now, it took a few years but he is pretty calm now.

I found a couple things on line about little therapies you can do to help kids with GAD and I've done a few of them with her and they really do work. I think I'm gonna print a few out for this trip and just take "anxiety breaks" every once in awhile.

Supposedly if it gets worse instead of better as she gets older there is medicine without too many side effects. It's hard for me to ponder as I watch her play with her toys right now, lost in her imagination.

My plan for this year is I am all about Boo. And Donald can be all about the big girls. Here's hoping!

I almost didn't write this TR because I didn't want to end a WDW TR in a depressing way for everyone. But as this trip is ready to dawn I thought I'd go ahead. Both for myself (as I explained in the beginning) and because I knew you'd only be depressed for a short time because then you could join me on this coming up trip!

Here's the PTR. Which will be all about our plan & packing this week and then LIVE from the world starting Labor Day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2539745

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter