Oh no my trip will be lost forever if it is not on Disboards! A photo journal.

I just read the whole thing, too. You're a good writer. I have only one daughter, but your girls sort of played out the different ages she was at on our trips. LOL Even losing the pearl necklace, yes, we've been there.

Ours was a little Boo, too. Scared of everything when she was little, but she liked characters. From afar! She was also afraid of new foods, and smells. We took her to Disneyland when she was young, seemed more manageable. Especially with the stroller thing. Didn't go to WDW until right after her 8th birthday, and it turned out perfectly. She still was afraid of some things, but it got better with each trip. So there's hope for you!

You did get some good memories out of this one, though. Snow White was a doll! We were at DL with my daughter's dance group a couple of summers ago. While waiting for the parade, Cinderella walked directly to one of the little sisters (age 2), and planted a big lipstick kiss on her cheek. The Princesses and little girls are such fun.

DD is a strep carrier, and has allergies too. She's learned to use a neti pot, and drinks rooibos tea almost every day. Best if it has ginger too, like a chai. It has really helped her, you might try it.

Estherhead, I loved this report! You rocked this thing. And you are sooooooooo funny. I'm bummed that Boo didn't have the best time, that you were sick, and that you left on a sour note. But the rest of it was great! Especially how you scored a table at the Princess meal. I bow to your greatness.

Boo's reaction is one reason I am waiting to take Patrick to WDW until he's 5 or 6. I just don't want to deal with him until he's gotten out of this stage.

Enjoyed your report! :laughing:

I just read the whole thing, too. You're a good writer. I have only one daughter, but your girls sort of played out the different ages she was at on our trips. LOL Even losing the pearl necklace, yes, we've been there.

Ours was a little Boo, too. Scared of everything when she was little, but she liked characters. From afar! She was also afraid of new foods, and smells. We took her to Disneyland when she was young, seemed more manageable. Especially with the stroller thing. Didn't go to WDW until right after her 8th birthday, and it turned out perfectly. She still was afraid of some things, but it got better with each trip. So there's hope for you!

You did get some good memories out of this one, though. Snow White was a doll! We were at DL with my daughter's dance group a couple of summers ago. While waiting for the parade, Cinderella walked directly to one of the little sisters (age 2), and planted a big lipstick kiss on her cheek. The Princesses and little girls are such fun.

DD is a strep carrier, and has allergies too. She's learned to use a neti pot, and drinks rooibos tea almost every day. Best if it has ginger too, like a chai. It has really helped her, you might try it.

I read this earlier as I walked out the door to work. I looked in our cupboard because this rooibos tea is something I've never heard of. And guess what? We had some! Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos. So of course I grabbed it and drank it at work. It really was awesome! I didn't try ginger but I have some candy ginger & thought that might be nice to just drop a piece in. It clears the sinuses in the same way as horseradish and cayenne!

I love my neti pot & it travels with me but the problem is if you are already a mess it can't work. Like Draino in a totally plugged up drain. That's where the oregano oil comes in. That stuff is serious! And the Benedryl, Zyrtec, Alavert, etc.

Thanks for saying I'm a good writer. It's nice to hear.

I was a scared kid and am fairly fearless now. But I never had the anxiety of Boo. At least she loves roller coasters. I don't know what we'd do if she didn't like roller coasters.

Estherhead, I loved this report! You rocked this thing. And you are sooooooooo funny. I'm bummed that Boo didn't have the best time, that you were sick, and that you left on a sour note. But the rest of it was great! Especially how you scored a table at the Princess meal. I bow to your greatness.

Boo's reaction is one reason I am waiting to take Patrick to WDW until he's 5 or 6. I just don't want to deal with him until he's gotten out of this stage.

Enjoyed your report! :laughing:

Thanks! Whenever you take Patrick you'll have a great time. And we'll all anxiously await the great TR!

I mean, if I'm entertained by you describing a Truck class I can only imagine how entertained I'd be by your TR about a boy's first memories of WDW!

I am sorry the last 2 days were less than "magical" You are a great storyteller. I think you will feel a difference with having the AP"s. My younger DD is terrified of Tigger and Chuckie. She loved the princesses and stood in line at the Character Spot to see the Fab 5. Can't wait to read your next report!!

I found a couple things on line about little therapies you can do to help kids with GAD and I've done a few of them with her and they really do work. I think I'm gonna print a few out for this trip and just take "anxiety breaks" every once in awhile.

Supposedly if it gets worse instead of better as she gets older there is medicine without too many side effects. It's hard for me to ponder as I watch her play with her toys right now, lost in her imagination.

My plan for this year is I am all about Boo. And Donald can be all about the big girls. Here's hoping!

I almost didn't write this TR because I didn't want to end a WDW TR in a depressing way for everyone. But as this trip is ready to dawn I thought I'd go ahead. Both for myself (as I explained in the beginning) and because I knew you'd only be depressed for a short time because then you could join me on this coming up trip!

Here's the PTR. Which will be all about our plan & packing this week and then LIVE from the world starting Labor Day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2539745

You should always write a TR if you need to, even if it seems depressing somebody will learn something from your experience and that's a good thing.

I think it's wonderful (you're such a good Mommy) that you work so hard to make Disney world a less scary place for Boo.

You should always write a TR if you need to, even if it seems depressing somebody will learn something from your experience and that's a good thing.

I think it's wonderful (you're such a good Mommy) that you work so hard to make Disney world a less scary place for Boo.

Thanks :hug: it was very helpful for me to remember all the great things about this trip. Because it ended so badly the bad stuff was kind of mostly in my mind and the truth is it was 80% good and 20% bad. And why should I focus on the 20% bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter