Oga's Cantina

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
Is Oga's Cantina not open? I thought I watched a video and someone went inside, but not sure. When I go onto the app there are only 2 or 3 restaurants that are actually doing reservations so I thought I ask

Is Oga's Cantina not open? I thought I watched a video and someone went inside, but not sure. When I go onto the app there are only 2 or 3 restaurants that are actually doing reservations so I thought I ask
No it’s not. And as of now, no announced date of when it will.

Yippeee! I was hoping to get it for my daughter's 21st birthday. I guess I'll be waking up early on the 14th to try and snag a reservation.

You may have already seen this, but just in case (because a 21st birthday is special!), I wanted to make sure you knew that many of the reservations have been opening up at 3am PST.

Right?!? 😆 And these days, I feel like it’s 50/50 as to whether I’ll fall back asleep after or just lie there for another 2 hours before calling it in and getting up to get myself a cup of coffee!

I know I'll be up for the day at that point. I'll try to go back to sleep but doubtful it will happen.

Thoughts on whether Oga's is worth it with a Star Wars loving child in your party? He is 9 and would probably get a kick out of the non-alcoholic drinks. DH and I would probably not get alcohol.

Just not sure it is worth trying to get a reservation and spending the time without real food options. Does Docking Bay have cool theming too?

Thoughts on whether Oga's is worth it with a Star Wars loving child in your party? He is 9 and would probably get a kick out of the non-alcoholic drinks. DH and I would probably not get alcohol.

Just not sure it is worth trying to get a reservation and spending the time without real food options. Does Docking Bay have cool theming too?
It’s really cool to ME, an adult Star War lover who also enjoys alcohol. My Star Wars obsessed kid thinks it’s cool for a minute and then is ready to leave (long before I am!). The seating is not good for kids. More often than not, you don’t actually get seats so it’s standing only. It’s something I make him do for my personal enjoyment lol. He does like the blue milk with a special cookie on top and that is how I get him to agree to going in. Oh he also like me DJRex!

Great news - do we know what time the reservations open? I know WDW is typically 6am, but it's been a bit ad hoc to say the least lately. What time have reservations opened recently at DL?

Last edited:
What is seating (or standing) like for a party of 5?
There are booths for seating. If I remember correctly if you only wanted to sit down you had to request it and it could add time to the wait. If you stand, it’s either at the bar or a tall standing table.

It is worth it, but prepare your child that he may be standing. We’re a party of 6 (and then once 8) and I was able to request a booth both times, but my kids would have been antsy had we had to stand. Both times we shared the table with another group, which was fine. Not sure how they’ll do it if they’re keeping social distancing around. It is super cool to look around though.

I think it’s worth going even if you just want to walk through and not get any drinks. I went and stood at the counter with my two teens (one special needs) and it was a bit stressful for him with the noise and crowd. But we were glad we saw it.

Right?!? 😆 And these days, I feel like it’s 50/50 as to whether I’ll fall back asleep after or just lie there for another 2 hours before calling it in and getting up to get myself a cup of coffee!

I've started setting an alarm 5 minutes before and just lying there in bed and making the reservations with my phone. Worked great 2 days ago. last night? I was so wired I had a hard time going back to sleep. oooops!

We snagged a 9:05 am Oga's in WDW. It had to have been a cancellation as I'd been checking daily.

We really enjoyed it, even though we aren't huge SW fans. It was fun and there was a lot to see! I assume the one at DL is pretty similar, if not identical.

But I see there's no Bespin Fizz on the DL menu. That's a shame, it's really a fun drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter