***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Our flight leaves 7am tomorrow! So excited I can't stand it! I also got the TP email update, our EP day went from a 3 to a 2 and our MK day went from a 5 to a 6. Could be worse. :)

I have been busy with a kids consignment sale I take part in twice a year (that's how I pay for our trips) the last few days, so I haven't done ANY packing. I just got our luggage out this morning. :eek:

We leave in less than 24 hours! I have to work 'til noon tomorrow, then we hit the road from North GA to Orlando. We packed by candle light as Irma rolled through Georgia. My DD has been out of pre-k all week (schools are all closed) and the college I work for opened this morning for the first time. We were lucky that we only really lost power for 2 hours other than sleeping hours. I never imagined I'd be off for nearly a week, work a day and a half, then go to Disney for a week! With that unexpected time off, not only are we packed early, but the house is clean! That always helps a little with post-Disney depression.

I also finished up these beauties for DD (in her Nemo dress) and me in my Dory blue/yellow Disneybound. (Checking one last Dollar Tree for the Nemo key chain like the Dory one after work today).
21761540_10107692893336930_6885083438958969144_n.jpg
We all hope you guys have a wonderful vacation!!:dancer::dancer:

Rusty whats it say for crowds levels on these days?
AK- 25th
HS-26th
MK-27th
MK-28th
Epcot-29th

Whats funny is every Friday I keep thinking as I'm driving into work: If we leave at 5 am I should be about here. Or thru the day we should have made it to here by now. Next Friday we will find out!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone that's already been gotten to see the "Character Pool Party" that's mentioned on the Resort Recreation Calendar? (EDIT: This is at Caribbean Beach resort - meant to post this there). We're going to try to make it into the resort by that time tomorrow to check it out, but I feel it'll be a danged if you do, danged if you don't situation. If we grab a quick lunch and get there, it won't be there, but if we take our time, we'll get there and just miss it or only see it for a few minutes.

So excited by Tuesday I will be hopefully be partaking in an Mickey Ice Cream bar. Haven't had one in 29 day lol.

All right! Ugh! I would love to find a group to share the Memory Maker with. My neighbor did one for us years ago, which was soo helpful! I just can't convince my hubby to pay an extra $200 when our trip was close to $9000. This trip will be one of the last trips we do with our entire family. We have 10 kiddos and the more I read, the more I know it is worth getting. My daddy was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and ended up passing away a couple months ago. My sisters and I took care of him for those months. I've been so busy tending to my daddy and then mourning that I just didn't let my mind dwell on anything Disney. I am so late in the game, but don't want to miss out on having these photos from our trip. We leave Wednesday the 6th! So excited!!! But would LOVE to get this taken care of.

I'm so sorry for your loss!
Did you find a group? I'd be interested in joining in!
We ran to Disney for a few days to escape our post-Irma blues along with the power and cell outages, and OF COURSE have a few photos from each day I'd love to get, but can't justify the cost for the few I want.

If anyone would be willing to add me to a share, I'd be forever grateful!

Busy weekend planned!!
So far this morning I ordered some cooling towels and a spare laptop battery from amazon. I charged the batteries for the camcorder, got our regular camera ready to go. Updating maps on the Garmin right now. Still have a trip to Walmart for stuff and then start packing. A trip to tractor supply to stock up on food for the farm animals. Wash and wax the truck.

Hard to imagine that this time next week we will be waking up in Orlando!

So many have left recently and are leaving soon!! It's so exciting! I hope we all come back after our trips to share our experiences and be here for the ones who are still anxiously waiting for their turn. Meanwhile I hope everyone has a safe and magical vacation!!:beach:

party::jumping1::dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter