Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I'd take bets that the 5k would be the same path that all the others are in Epcot

And if they do that, watch them make the Half Course the same as WDW & Princess as well! 3 race weekends exactly the same!

And if they do that, watch them make the Half Course the same as WDW & Princess as well! 3 race weekends exactly the same!

Maybe not exactly the same. Wine & Dine is still small enough to have people run through the castle. I imagine the Princess course will change to run around it like the new one on marathon weekend.

Maybe not exactly the same. Wine & Dine is still small enough to have people run through the castle. I imagine the Princess course will change to run around it like the new one on marathon weekend.

They could always add more people ;).

People will lose their you-know-what if Princess doesn't go through the castle...popcorn::

Popcorn indeed! Only a couple more weeks until that event guide is out and we will see!

I think it makes sense that they change the theme of the 5K to fall rather than the holidays with the races being in early November. But it's interesting and really surprising that they dropped Lumiere from the name of the challenge (just like they did with Dumbo in Disneyland). I wonder if this is their way of switching things up from year to year and changing themes. Although for Wine and Dine there aren't many other characters to go with to fit the theme. But I'm really glad I did the inaugural, because I love the Lumiere medal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the half marathon course change again.

As long as the races aren't exclusively in the WWOS then I'll be ok with it. Will Pandora be open by Fall 2017? Because I wouldn't mind running through that in the morning :)
I still reserve the right to look like a walking Christmas ornament during the 5k though, fall theme or not.

I actually hope the 10k is the same course as always since my hubby will run it and he liked the look of it when I was doing my sales pitch.
But what could the challenge medal be??? A pile of gray stuff?? :)
(not doing the challenge myself, since someone has to watch our kiddo during each race, but I love speculating)

This is my biggest gripe with RD, hands down. I'm tired of them making the courses all the same, when they were unique. They are in flux right now for a lot of them, so hopefully they dont all go the same route again.

Will Pandora be open by Fall 2017? Because I wouldn't mind running through that in the morning :)
I still reserve the right to look like a walking Christmas ornament during the 5k though, fall theme or not.
Pandora is to open summer 2017.

Hi Everyone!! This will be my first RunDisney event. I'm a total running newbie and just starting out for sure. I'm doing a 5K in April in my hometown and I'm debating on whether I'm going to register for the 10K or 5K for this race weekend. It will be a trip for myself and my husband with no kids and we are very much looking forward to it. Going to follow the Jeff Galloway training schedule and I'm happy it looks reasonably simple to follow. I'm a cardiac nurse and really want to be practice what I preach and get healthy in the new year. Any suggestions are appreciated.

@dmoore718 biggest suggestions: get fitted for a pair of running shoes at a running store and find a training plan that works with your schedule (which it sounds like you have!) and stick with it. :)

If you are aiming for a 5K in April you'd definitely be ready for the W&D 10K! I ran it this year and really enjoyed it.

@dmoore718 biggest suggestions: get fitted for a pair of running shoes at a running store and find a training plan that works with your schedule (which it sounds like you have!) and stick with it. :)

If you are aiming for a 5K in April you'd definitely be ready for the W&D 10K! I ran it this year and really enjoyed it.
Thank you so much!!! A friend suggested a running store as well. I'm slow but just really want to finish the race, even if I walk/run, that's ok with me. Working nightshift is what kills me but I'll manage. Here we go! Ready for registration on the 17th.

Thank you so much!!! A friend suggested a running store as well. I'm slow but just really want to finish the race, even if I walk/run, that's ok with me. Working nightshift is what kills me but I'll manage. Here we go! Ready for registration on the 17th.
Yep registration is a big one! :eek: :)

Hi Everyone!! This will be my first RunDisney event. I'm a total running newbie and just starting out for sure. I'm doing a 5K in April in my hometown and I'm debating on whether I'm going to register for the 10K or 5K for this race weekend. It will be a trip for myself and my husband with no kids and we are very much looking forward to it. Going to follow the Jeff Galloway training schedule and I'm happy it looks reasonably simple to follow. I'm a cardiac nurse and really want to be practice what I preach and get healthy in the new year. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I signed up for a Disney 5k as my first dis race last year and wished I had chosen the 10k in hindsight. I had ran a couple 5ks at home to make sure I was ready and ended up in shape enough to probably be able to finish that 10k. I did LOVE the 5k though!

When they dropped the Challenge name with dumbo after one year, was the next year inaugural as well? Lumiere is my favorite disney character and it happened to be the theme of my first rundisney weekend. We have been debating to continue to "run" with the lumiere theme each year, but it looks like that is now a one and done. We have no idea what to do for our next race and moving the registration up so soon has me completely baffled. It doesnt feel like they should have used the word "inaugural" when it was the only year of it.

I think it makes sense that they change the theme of the 5K to fall rather than the holidays with the races being in early November. But it's interesting and really surprising that they dropped Lumiere from the name of the challenge (just like they did with Dumbo in Disneyland). I wonder if this is their way of switching things up from year to year and changing themes. Although for Wine and Dine there aren't many other characters to go with to fit the theme. But I'm really glad I did the inaugural, because I love the Lumiere medal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the half marathon course change again.

Maybe they are thinking of the challenge itself as being what was inaugural (or inauguraul) and so even without the "Lumiere" it's still the second year of the challenge? Just a guess?

I hope they keep Remy on at least the 10k because he's so cute.

When they dropped the Challenge name with dumbo after one year, was the next year inaugural as well? Lumiere is my favorite disney character and it happened to be the theme of my first rundisney weekend. We have been debating to continue to "run" with the lumiere theme each year, but it looks like that is now a one and done. We have no idea what to do for our next race and moving the registration up so soon has me completely baffled. It doesnt feel like they should have used the word "inaugural" when it was the only year of it.
It had the Dumbo name up until last year, 2017 will be the first year it's not included, so I don't know. But I'm thinking it won't be called inaugural since the challenge itself isn't new.

I think you're fine to do the early Registration since it will be active prior to race day. A quick email to rD can confirm it.

Right or wrong, anyone can use the early link .... I've read that rD 'can' cancel Registrations of those who use the link without the annual passes, but I have knowledge it that's truth, fiction or somewhere in the middle.

Brian

This is correct. My son (no AP) had no problem registering for W&D or Super Heroes, and no concern after registering. As far as the legacy runner email goes, I received it once when I was unable to do early registration. They were going to hold a spot if I was unable to complete during regular. This may have been two years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts