Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

How do you get to the page I went to the passholder page and when I click run Disney it gives me that stitch ate the page then again like I said I'm on works bad wifi

We got in for 10K and 5K!!!! I hope everything works out when they check that we are actually DVC and AP^^ Just because it's a German address.

Both dd and I are signed up for the 5K. Her first! I did it through the DVC site (associate member is listed but not on the formal contract. She can book and make changes etc.). But I listed her as a CM...which she is. We shall see what happens.

Did they make more early registrations available!??!

I got:
- 1 challenge
- 2 10Ks
- 4 5Ks

Last time I had to do regular registration as well to nab all races for our family...

DH and I are registered for 5k. We have friends that are running their first Disney race and will be registering next Tuesday. Hope all goes well with their registration, they don't understand how stressful it is.

Did they make more early registrations available!??!

I think the demand is not what it once was. They moved this to a morning race just like all the other Disney races, very similar courses, and no longer a party right after the race. I really hope they see that people want a night race that is different. After cancelling the half due to weather, anyone can see that weather can happen at any time in Florida.

I think the demand is not what it once was. They moved this to a morning race just like all the other Disney races, very similar courses, and no longer a party right after the race. I really hope they see that people want a night race that is different. After cancelling the half due to weather, anyone can see that weather can happen at any time in Florida.
I don't think it has to do with it not being a night race. It was a morning race with challenge in 2016, and I wasn't able to get through all my registrations for early registration -- had to come back during regular registration.

I can imagine it taking longer to book up because they're doing the registration SO EARLY this year, but for EVERYTHING to still be available 50min later? Makes me wonder if they made more available... or knowing rD and Disney IT, maybe it's a mistake!! :rolleyes1

T
I don't think it has to do with it not being a night race. It was a morning race with challenge in 2016, and I wasn't able to get through all my registrations for early registration -- had to come back during regular registration.

I can imagine it taking longer to book up because they're doing the registration SO EARLY this year, but for EVERYTHING to still be available 50min later? Makes me wonder if they made more available... or knowing rD and Disney IT, maybe it's a mistake!! :rolleyes1

They didn't announce the changes last year until the original day of early signup. I am sure that many runners had already decided to run the race with the information that they had on the website with the evening race and after party. Once they made the changes many likely continued with their plans. This year, Run Disney had accurate information for the race being a morning race and runners can make an informed decision with this race being essentially the same as all other Disney races. I guess we will find out on Tuesday with how long it takes to fill the race.

DH & I are in for the 5K, we're kicking off our two week vacay with the run. I just did the 10K as part of Marathon weekend on Friday but wanted to do something a bit lighter for this trip. Plus DH wanted to try a Run Disney race so he's doing just his 2nd 5K and wasn't getting up early two days in a row :). Love the start time for this one :)

Does this still go through Animal Kingdom or are they changing it. Description just said through a Disney park.

I just signed up for the 10K. My first ever. DD is signed up for the 1 mile kid race. She could've done the 5K but didn't want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter