• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Hello fellow runners!!!

Medical emergency prohibited me from doing the Darkside, but I am excited for this race! I'm doing all three and I have my fingers crossed that this time it will all work out!! I'm a little bummed 5k isn't Christmas themed this year, I was looking forward to that. But does anybody know when all the fun information starts coming out? Like character theme? I am correct when I say it was Ratatouille, Figment, and Lumiere in the past? I can't wait to start brainstorming some costumes!! Thanks everyone! So excited!!!!
:yay:
5k was Christmas I believe the medal was chip and Dale the 10 was remy half Mickey and Challenge lumier

Noticed the challenge is still open and thinking about it. Curious, is everyone assuming it's the same half course as last year? I noticed it says the 10k is start/finish Epcot but nothing for half. Any ideas?

Noticed the challenge is still open and thinking about it. Curious, is everyone assuming it's the same half course as last year? I noticed it says the 10k is start/finish Epcot but nothing for half. Any ideas?

I noticed more negative reaction to the 2016 course than positive. It wouldn't surprise me if the half course changed. I think it will depend upon construction and what would provide a safe course.

Since the Dark Side course went through 3 parks, I would hope they would change Wine & Dine to also go through 3 parks again. Fingers crossed!

Since the Dark Side course went through 3 parks, I would hope they would change Wine & Dine to also go through 3 parks again. Fingers crossed!

Just looked at that course, not bad, especially since some "out of the park" running is buy Boardwalk etc....That would certainly be an upgrade over last year's W&D course. I had nothing to compare it to being my first Run Disney event, but not sure I'd want to do it again. Did the Dark Side start at the Transportation and Ticket Center parking lot?

Just looked at that course, not bad, especially since some "out of the park" running is buy Boardwalk etc....That would certainly be an upgrade over last year's W&D course. I had nothing to compare it to being my first Run Disney event, but not sure I'd want to do it again. Did the Dark Side start at the Transportation and Ticket Center parking lot?
It did! First time that I can recall a race starting there...maybe another has and I just don't know. :confused3

It did! First time that I can recall a race starting there...maybe another has and I just don't know. :confused3
That would be good information to know before booking a hotel, Poly and Contemporary would be very appealing if monorail was running both days to get to Epcot ant TTC.

That would be good information to know before booking a hotel, Poly and Contemporary would be very appealing if monorail was running both days to get to Epcot ant TTC.
Actually I think people at the Poly were able to walk to the start. Not sure what the monorail situation was.

But runDisney releases the courses SO late that I don't think you would even know what Wine & Dine's course would be until...October maybe? And that's assuming they changed it to be similar to Dark Side.

Actually I think people at the Poly were able to walk to the start. Not sure what the monorail situation was.

But runDisney releases the courses SO late that I don't think you would even know what Wine & Dine's course would be until...October maybe? And that's assuming they changed it to be similar to Dark Side.

Man, it would be great to walk, easily another 30 minutes of sleep and gain that hour again this year on that weekend. Course is alway late but "star/finish" is usually know well in advance no? They already are showing the 10k start/finish and last year I remember it was ESPN/Epcot from the time I signed up. They probably have some algo on how how many dark side folks are signed up for W&D and if it's a lot I'm sure they'll feel the need to switch it up. Could add Pandora with Animal Kingdom for example.

Yeah, if DVC members waited until routes were released they'd never be able to book a DVC resort using points. W&D Weekend is already pretty well booked.

The Mickey's Halloween 5K Family Fun Run started and finished at the TTC in 2010 and included a quick lap around the castle.
Experiential note: Don't run in a toga and sandals without testing it out first.

I saw a woman yesterday at Dark Side that was doing the half in flip flop sandals! Crazy!

I was planning the Wine and Dine Half for next year (2018) before my 40th but I found out a few weeks ago I could do it this year. When I had checked a while back there were still places, but of course now that I am actually able to go this November, it's all sold out on the Disney website. I'm really disappointed.
Does anyone know of any travel agents that sell bibs only, or what are the chances of more becoming available on the Disney website? Or what might be the cheapest option for me in terms of having to buy a package? I have contacted some of the travel agents on the list but I am not too hopeful of a good price as I am travelling alone.
Thanks for any advice!

I was planning the Wine and Dine Half for next year (2018) before my 40th but I found out a few weeks ago I could do it this year. When I had checked a while back there were still places, but of course now that I am actually able to go this November, it's all sold out on the Disney website. I'm really disappointed.
Does anyone know of any travel agents that sell bibs only, or what are the chances of more becoming available on the Disney website? Or what might be the cheapest option for me in terms of having to buy a package? I have contacted some of the travel agents on the list but I am not too hopeful of a good price as I am travelling alone.
Thanks for any advice!

You can try the Raw Threads club. They have a few left.

Can anyone give me an estimate of what time we should be finished? I have never done a 1/2, but I typically run around 11 min/mile. I'm guessing it'll be slower than that because we'll stop for pictures, etc. Assuming I'm not in one of the first corrals (I was in E for the dark side 10k last year), I'll probably be starting around 6 or so. I'll probably be done running around 9-930?? Does that sound right? By the time I get back to the hotel it could be 10-10:30? I'm just trying to see what time I should make our brunch ADR for. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Can anyone give me an estimate of what time we should be finished? I have never done a 1/2, but I typically run around 11 min/mile. I'm guessing it'll be slower than that because we'll stop for pictures, etc. Assuming I'm not in one of the first corrals (I was in E for the dark side 10k last year), I'll probably be starting around 6 or so. I'll probably be done running around 9-930?? Does that sound right? By the time I get back to the hotel it could be 10-10:30? I'm just trying to see what time I should make our brunch ADR for. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

You should be done in around 3-ish hours, so your math is correct.

As for the getting back to your resort, that's a moving target. Most busses share with other close-by resorts, won't leave until full, if you're at a monorail resort, you've gotta go through Epcot security to get to the monorail (but that's prob the easiest timing estimate), then you need to factor in time to get to where ever you're going to eat.

The later you're comfortable making your reservation for, the safer time-wise.

So I can typically run a regular 1/2 in just under 3 hours (my pace averages 12-13 min/mile). For princess, I finished in just under 4 hours due to pictures stops and one bathroom break. Then you have to think how much time you might spend at the finish area (will you try to take pictures there as well? eat your snack? go straight to the bus?) We had a medical emergency happen on our bus ride back and ended up being stuck on the bus for a bit while EMT's were summoned (someone fainted and was in the aisle). So give yourself some wiggle room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter