Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Additionally, I cant find results for 5K races from ANY of the WDW RunDisney weekends.....?

Like pp have said 5k untimed in the past it's been in AK but with the theme change I assume it's Epcot

I'm super excited about the 5k being un-timed. I tend to get really competitive with myself on races I tell myself will just be "fun-runs" or "training-runs. But with no chip time, then who cares if I stop to smell the roses :)!!! No internal pressure/just have some fun.

so i just saw the SW dark side course is running through 3 parks. Do we think the Wine & Dine will follow the same path or be similar to last year? the more parks i run through the better.

so i just saw the SW dark side course is running through 3 parks. Do we think the Wine & Dine will follow the same path or be similar to last year? the more parks i run through the better.
I can maybe see the half changing depending on construction status and reviews I'm 99% sure the 5k WILL change to the marathon/princess weekend coarse with the 10k almost definitely being the same

It's possible that they have not decided and are seeing how the Dark Side goes? I'm eager to hear how everyone likes that course. It looks pretty cool on paper.

Still anxious to see what park the 5k will be running through!!!!

the 5ks usually revolve around Epcot in some capacities. i also like the dark side 1/2 course, 3 parks sounds better than 2.

the 5ks usually revolve around Epcot in some capacities. i also like the dark side 1/2 course, 3 parks sounds better than 2.

The 5K paired with the Wine and Dine have not yet been at Epcot. The first year it was at MK and then moved to AK. It wouldn't surprise me to see it moved to Epcot to be just like every other formulaic race weekend.

Because the Garden Grill in Epcot has the Chip n Dale Harvest Feast meal; every time I see "Fall Feast 5k" I start imagining a Chipmunk medal. My brain just goes there.

I'm fine with Epcot for this 5k because I loved the one I did for marathon weekend BUT I understand that other people have ran that course a million times, so a "different park" would be quite nice too.

I'm really excited for the Dark Side courses and can't wait to run them! I enjoyed running through DAK so am a little bummed that the 5K is moving to Epcot. They have to keep spicing things up. Then again I guess it fits with the theme of the weekend?

Official site now says the 5K is 'festive themed'. Or has it said that all along....?!

Disney Fall Feast 5K presented by MISFIT™
Friday, November 3, 2017

6:30 a.m.

Don your most festive running gear and get set for a family adventure that's fun for all ages and skill levels. Throughout this trek you'll run past amazing sites, scenery and Disney entertainment. Beginners, intermediates and even experienced runners are all invited to join the fun of this adventure.

Official site now says the 5K is 'festive themed'. Or has it said that all along....?!

Disney Fall Feast 5K presented by MISFIT™
Friday, November 3, 2017

6:30 a.m.

Don your most festive running gear and get set for a family adventure that's fun for all ages and skill levels. Throughout this trek you'll run past amazing sites, scenery and Disney entertainment. Beginners, intermediates and even experienced runners are all invited to join the fun of this adventure.
I think it said that all along, so some sort of Thanksgiving/Christmas theme I imagine. I'm fine with an Epcot course (are are staying at Yacht Club so at least it would be close) but a trip through Hollywood Studios would be cool too.

Yay! Sounds wonderful.
We are going to try for the Halloween Party on 10/31 but its good to know there is one 11/1 as well. So I have some options now before they go on sale. The rumor is early May, but I'll be stalking that "special event tickets" page until then.

So who is already trying to figure out ADRs since we are less than a month away from that? I haven't and I need to. Still waiting for the park hours calendar to extend to our week.

oh I've just got a few ADR's planned... :oops:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Kona
Skippers Canteen
Biergarten
Tuskar House (breakfast - rivers of light package)
Yak & Yeti
Sanaa
Be Our Guest
Kona (breakfast)
Ohana
Jiko
Tapen Edo
California Grill
Yaughtsman
Narcosees
Liberty Tree Tavern
Boma (breakfast)

oh I've just got a few ADR's planned... :oops:

Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Kona
Skippers Canteen
Biergarten
Tuskar House (breakfast - rivers of light package)
Yak & Yeti
Sanaa
Be Our Guest
Kona (breakfast)
Ohana
Jiko
Tapen Edo
California Grill
Yaughtsman
Narcosees
Liberty Tree Tavern
Boma (breakfast)

I shouldn't be reading this on a day I forgot to eat breakfast....this is making me so hungry! You get free dining right because of the UK special? Lucky duck!

I shouldn't be reading this on a day I forgot to eat breakfast....this is making me so hungry! You get free dining right because of the UK special? Lucky duck!

Yes we've got free dining! We will be paying for a few reservations as we've booked some 2 credits and breakfasts.

Have you any thoughts about where you'll go around the races? Current plan for us is Be Our Guest the day of the 5k, Kona breakfast after the 10k & Ohana dinner and finally Jiko after the half marathon.

Yes we've got free dining! We will be paying for a few reservations as we've booked some 2 credits and breakfasts.

Have you any thoughts about where you'll go around the races? Current plan for us is Be Our Guest the day of the 5k, Kona breakfast after the 10k & Ohana dinner and finally Jiko after the half marathon.

Ack, not yet. I have lots of places I want to go and haven't figured out the order yet. I need to crack down!!!
Time to arrange the puzzle pieces.

Ack, not yet. I have lots of places I want to go and haven't figured out the order yet. I need to crack down!!!
Time to arrange the puzzle pieces.

I really wish they would release park hours earlier! It would help a lot with my planning! But then they release hours and extend them later on so really it's still a guessing game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter