Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Turns out I can't use my ticket for the after party tomorrow night :( Does anyone want it? I guess send me a pm if you do.

I think that was the saddest parade ever. :guilty: One float and none of the players really looked thrilled to be there. There also didn't seem to be that many Astros fans at the park today. I only saw a handful of people wearing Astros gear. Last year you couldn't throw a Mickey Bar without hitting someone wearing Cubs gear.
I agree. I was at the beginning of the parade route. Man, Springer looked miserable. My mom thought maybe he was scared of heights because he did not look happy to be there. They started late, but I don't think Disney prepared for it well. There weren't people telling people where they can/ cannot go so people were walking in the middle of the street until the float came. Then they had to move to the side, in front of the tape and blocked people who were waiting there for 45 mins.

I think that was the saddest parade ever. :guilty: One float and none of the players really looked thrilled to be there. There also didn't seem to be that many Astros fans at the park today. I only saw a handful of people wearing Astros gear. Last year you couldn't throw a Mickey Bar without hitting someone wearing Cubs gear.

I was also there last year for the Cubs and they didn't even get a float,the parade was them sitting in some classic style car,that's basically what these "parades" are.Last year definitely had more people wearing Cubs gear.I was on Main Street close to the Christmas tree and about 5-10 minutes before it started Disney CMs gave people on the streets Astros pennants,car flags and hats,people mobbed them to get their hands on them,I was able to get a pennant.Here's a video of last year with the Cubs to compare.Well its late and I'm running the half and can't get to sleep so let me put this away and try to get at least a few zzz's.

I put my pics and race recap in my journal today. If anyone is interested. For the 5k.

I'll alert y'all if my hubby makes a 10k recap.

Congrats as all the halfers finish!

Yeah my fear was they weren’t taking Runners to the start line and I might have try to get a taxi. Also wasn’t sure my corral would still be open but got there after 5:00 and it was. Could have even hit bag drop.

This timing generally works okay for marathon weekend too. We don't get up until 4 or leave the hotel until 430-ish.

Wait, how many cubs fans did you hit with mickey bars??? I didn't know this was something I could do. I'm off to find a mickey bar and a cubs fan!

Wait...but why would anyone throw a mickey bar? I'm so confused.

Only like 3 or 4. It's a very expensive activity. As a Philly sports fan, I generally save my Mickey Bar throwing for fans of the Cowboys, Giants, NY Rangers, and Penguins.

I agree. I was at the beginning of the parade route. Man, Springer looked miserable. My mom thought maybe he was scared of heights because he did not look happy to be there. They started late, but I don't think Disney prepared for it well. There weren't people telling people where they can/ cannot go so people were walking in the middle of the street until the float came. Then they had to move to the side, in front of the tape and blocked people who were waiting there for 45 mins.

I was near the beginning of the route, too. Maybe they got more comfortable as it went on? I was also surprised they didn't announce it more during the day. I think I heard one announcement before the parade was scheduled to start.

Congrats to all the halfers today! :yay:

Did anyone ride ToT during the race? It was just opening for EMH when I ran by and I think the couple near me decided to do it. I instantly regretted not riding since I had the time.

Alright, time to shower and hit the parks! :crutches:

Well I can tell you that even if your alarm doesn’t go off, you can still wake up at 4:20 and make your corral. I don’t recommend it though. :)
Or if you disconnected the resort phone because of prank calls and manually adjusted your cell phone, you can still make it without noticing that you are an hour later than you thought (phone did the time adjustment even if it was on manual)... :hourglass

Prank
Or if you disconnected the resort phone because of prank calls and manually adjusted your cell phone, you can still make it without noticing that you are an hour later than you thought (phone did the time adjustment even if it was on manual)... :hourglass

Oh that sucks about prank phone calls. Damn you kids!

Have only just realised that one of our electronic gift cards did not arrive.. any idea if we can get that sorted in person now that expo closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter