***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

No--Touring Plans stated in a blog post earlier this week that they would be making updates to their crowd calendar this week. (https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/02/12/crowd-calendar-4-1/) I don't think they were aware of the TSL opening date ahead of time. But I got the same email early this morning (I have a trip in early June) and it did give me pause for a minute!

TP sent us an email today with updates for mid-March, so all projections were recalculated. It had nothing to do with TSL opening or not.

Noooo I am booked June 1-7th... Does anyone know if they might be doing test runs by then??? I was so disappointed when my mom told me this morning

In response to the video posted earlier, my husband said, "[My elderly uncle] drives faster than that." :rotfl:

I actually thought the Slinky Dog Dash video looked more fun than I thought it would be. It *looks* slow, but a lot of WDW coasters are slow. Space Mtn is 27 mph!

I think it’ll be fun, with it’s heights and turns, especially in the dark.

As for things looking cheap, I think that’s almost inevitable with a toy aesthetic. I think it looks great and the addition of greenery will improve it tremendously.

Sorry if this was asked, how early were the Pandora previews? I saw the invites went out 3/24, Pandora opened 5/27. March will be full on thread stalking mode but thinking of June plans and want to make sure I keep us available. :)

Sorry if this was asked, how early were the Pandora previews? I saw the invites went out 3/24, Pandora opened 5/27. March will be full on thread stalking mode but thinking of June plans and want to make sure I keep us available. :)

DVC/AP previews began 5/13.

I'm an elderly Grandfather (70) and I drive faster than the Slinky coaster, but TSL is for the younger generation, even if they're adults. And although it's not FoP or RnRC, it will be a fun place. It embodies Walt's philosophy "I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together".

Sorry if this was asked, how early were the Pandora previews?
Below is the full pre-opening Pandora schedule. Add 33 days and it may, or may not, give some insight into the TSL pre-opening.

Animal Kingdom CMs had the first previews followed by:
WDW CM preview, 5/5 through 5/12.
AP/DVC members, 5/13 through 5/22.
Press, 5/23 & 5/25
Dedication, 24th.
Random and limited soft openings, 24th, 25th & 26th.
Opened on the 27th

I'm an elderly Grandfather (70) and I drive faster than the Slinky coaster, but TSL is for the younger generation, even if they're adults. And although it's not FoP or RnRC, it will be a fun place. It embodies Walt's philosophy "I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together".
Absolutely!

Below is the full pre-opening Pandora schedule. Add 33 days and it may, or may not, give some insight into the TSL pre-opening.

Animal Kingdom CMs had the first previews followed by:
WDW CM preview, 5/5 through 5/12.
AP/DVC members, 5/13 through 5/22.
Press, 5/23 & 5/25
Dedication, 24th.
Random and limited soft openings, 24th and 26th.
Opened on the 27th
Thank you for this. I wasn't anywhere near WDW for the Pandora opening, so I wasn't paying much attention to the preview dates. I went in July. I will be there as a DVC/AP June 13th through 25th, so this breakdown helps with potential planning. In fact, if Disney uses the same playbook then my nephew chose the absolute perfect dates for our trip! Yippee!!

Last edited:
Oh, I agree, I'm just poking some fun. ;)

I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion but I'm glad to see Slinky looking like a smaller kid-friendly ride. Right now the only thing I can do with my preschoolers there for rides is TSMM.

IMHO, TSL was designed to be something “the littles” can do while “the bigs” are immersed in Galaxy’s Edge.

Oh no, we leave WDW on the 30th! I wonder if they will have soft openings before? That’s standard practice, right?

We went to AK the day before Pandora officially opened. We had already done an AP preview earlier in the week and planned on avoiding opening day. We were being held at the Tree of Life when a CM came out and asked where we were all going. Then she asked if any of us wanted to see Pandora. Of course, everyone screamed yes and lost their minds. I believe they kept Pandora open until 2:00 PM that day and surprinsgly it wasn't insanely busy. I would definitely go to HS on the 29th.. you never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter