***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I called a Minnie Van on 7/9 around 6:45am since I had already done the very early wait and was at HS past security by 7:10am. Security was not bad and multiple CMs were standing in a row blocking the tapstiles with MagicBand readers to ensure I was a resort guest. I went right to SDD and waited about 25 minutes. I considered waiting again, but by the time I got off the ride, the posted wait time jumped to 40 minutes and I still wanted to do Aliens again. I walked over there and waited about 10/15 minutes. By the time I got off the ride, EMHs were just ending and the posted waits were 70 minutes for SDD, 35 minutes for Aliens, and 20 for TSM. I ended with TSM since I had some time until my 9:20am RnR FP+ and opted for Trolley Car Cafe breakfast instead of Woody’s Lunch Box.

I was happy with getting on all three TSL rides once within 70 minutes. If you call the Minnie Van right at 6:30am, I really think you will be at HS before it opens at 7am and should be able to get on SDD twice and Aliens once before 8am. I would recommend doing SDD twice in a row if you’re interested since Alien’s wait did not jump as fast. I’m guessing a majority had a FP+ for Aliens and really only wanted to wait standby for SDD.
Since you were at YC, did you notice if the boats were running that early? We are at BWI and planned on the boat.

Since you were at YC, did you notice if the boats were running that early? We are at BWI and planned on the boat.
There was not one boat running during my entire walk. I only saw a few runners and CMs. I checked the app and saw it said "approximately every 20 minutes" for a HS bus so I guess one was running, but I did not head to the front of the resort to verify.

There was not one boat running during my entire walk. I only saw a few runners and CMs. I checked the app and saw it said "approximately every 20 minutes" for a HS bus so I guess one was running, but I did not head to the front of the resort to verify.
Thanks. That helps us with our plans.

With the exception of one or two pages, I just read through about 50 pages of this thread to get all caught up.

We are headed down to WDW in November. HS has always been my least favorite park and while I understand that Toy Story Land isn't going to totally revive that for me, I'm hoping it does add a little more fun for us. I'm excited about SDD even just to try it once.

Also, I'm looking forward to a new CS because the choices in the park are just. . . well, they're just aren't they? So, what seems to be the general consensus for Woody's Lunchbox? I've seen some yucky reviews on the s'mores sandwich. How are the totchos and the grilled cheese? Overall, for those of you that have eaten there, how do you feel like it compares to the rest of the QS at HS?

With the exception of one or two pages, I just read through about 50 pages of this thread to get all caught up.

We are headed down to WDW in November. HS has always been my least favorite park and while I understand that Toy Story Land isn't going to totally revive that for me, I'm hoping it does add a little more fun for us. I'm excited about SDD even just to try it once.

Also, I'm looking forward to a new CS because the choices in the park are just. . . well, they're just aren't they? So, what seems to be the general consensus for Woody's Lunchbox? I've seen some yucky reviews on the s'mores sandwich. How are the totchos and the grilled cheese? Overall, for those of you that have eaten there, how do you feel like it compares to the rest of the QS at HS?

I can't remember where I read it, but the grilled cheese with tomato soup got a great review. Overall consensus seems to be that the CS is one of the better ones in the parks, and def the best in HS. Of course, that may be early excitement, but seems promising! :)

I always hate to give food feedback because it's so subjective, but I'll give you my opinion:

Totchos - Never again.

Grilled Cheese - Not my style, wouldn't order it again.

Tomato Soup - Tasty, but better for the cooler months.

Turkey Sandwich - Yum, really good for theme park quick service standards. We'd stop by here just for this.

Grown-Up Lemonade - I'll take several.

Tater Tot Sides - Fun and perfect for the theme. Takes me back to elementary school days. You can't help but enjoy the setting while munching on some tater tots. :-)

A question for anyone who has been to Toy Story Land at the end of the day - how are the crowds in general? We have park hoppers and on our last day we'll be in MK first and have a 5 pm dinner ADR at Disney Springs. We want to spend our last few hours at HS/TSL.

(We have a FP for Slinky Dog already, earlier in the trip and can skip it that night.)

Report back please!

I had a very similar experience to what @PolyRob reported. We were at the bus stop at 5:50am, a Mears motorcoach picked us up at 5:55am and we are at Hollywood Studios around 6:10am. We were at the holding area outside of Trolley Car around 6:20 and were only about 40 people back. Shortly after 6:30 they made an announcement that TSL would be opening soon and CMs started walking. I thought the people on the left going through the small opening to Animation Courtyard were going to get a head start, but they didn't the CMs held them back until they rest of us caught up. We immediately went to SDD. It was about 10-15 minutes of test runs before they started letting people on. We did rider swap and was done around 7am. Headed to Alien Swirling Saucers, then my DH and step-kids headed back to SDD while I took the baby to Wood's Lunch Box. Ordered one of everything (minus the tarts) and really liked it. Then we hit TSM.

That was the same day that the whole park outage occurred in the evening. We had gone back to the hotel and were headed back to HS when the bus driver announced it. We decided to take a chance and were there for about an hour before the A/C and rides came back on. We immediately went to SDD and waited about 50 minutes (70 minutes posted) and did Rider Swap.

Anyone have pictures of where stroller parking is for the TSL rides, especially SDD?

There is an area to the left of the SDD line where strollers can parked.

Should we not plan to rely on Disney buses if we are trying to make it for the early open EMH? Thanks!

We were at the bus stop at 5:50am. The app said every 20 minutes, but just 5 minutes later a Mears motorcoach going to Hollywood Studios picked us up. This was at All-Star Music.

We were at the bus stop at 5:50am. The app said every 20 minutes, but just 5 minutes later a Mears motorcoach going to Hollywood Studios picked us up. This was at All-Star Music.
Glad to hear they were running! I was apprehensive when I saw the "every 20 minutes."

A question for anyone who has been to Toy Story Land at the end of the day - how are the crowds in general? We have park hoppers and on our last day we'll be in MK first and have a 5 pm dinner ADR at Disney Springs. We want to spend our last few hours at HS/TSL.

(We have a FP for Slinky Dog already, earlier in the trip and can skip it that night.)

We were there on a Monday at around 7pm until around 9 pm, and the crowds were not bad at all. It was what I call "busy" but not horribly so. For example, when the Green Army CM's would come out they weren't swamped with people, but took their time interacting with guests. Also, the photopass photogs at the entrance weren't swamped either. You could move around pretty freely but we had to do just a bit of searching to find a free bench. Bathrooms not packed either. We had SD FP, but then just hung out to see the lights come on, and it was a lot cooler back there at night. I would definitely aim for night again when we go back. Hope that helps.

Just a stray thought; we found crowds in every park to be manageable when were were there, so if crowds are up everywhere it may be a different story.

We immediately went to SDD and waited about 50 minutes (70 minutes posted) and did Rider Swap.
quick question about your rider swap, since this was a new ride, and no FP being used, did they "add" a fp to your MBs for those swapping? I know there are a bunch of official changes or...updates/clarifications around rider swap and a lot of things I ever see are in regards to FoP. Just curious how they did this with SDD. thank you! :)

quick question about your rider swap, since this was a new ride, and no FP being used, did they "add" a fp to your MBs for those swapping? I know there are a bunch of official changes or...updates/clarifications around rider swap and a lot of things I ever see are in regards to FoP. Just curious how they did this with SDD. thank you! :)
I was there opening day and they were giving out paper swap passes for SDD not sure if they are still doing that or not

When I asked for RS during morning EMHs I was told "we don't do RS during EMHs but we can accommodate you" and I was given a paper rider swap. After EMHs when we asked for RS they asked who was staying behind with the baby and then asked who was riding twice. They then scanned all 3 of our bands and gave us a return time.

I don't like the new RS process and the return time. They essentially take the current wait time, say 70 minutes, and then give you an hour window 70 minutes from the RS time. That didn't cause any problems then we went in the stand-by line but it did cause problems when we did FP+ and RS together. For the most part they let us on through even though our RS window wasn't open yet.

We finally made it over to Toy Story Land this weekend. We arrived around 5pm and waited maybe 20 minutes for Alien ride. Had a 5:30 fast pass for Slinky and rode that. Ate dinner at Woodys Lunchbox. It was VERY hot out so kind of uncomfortable to eat and not enough tables. We were lucky to find one though. My daughter had the turkey with the tator tots and she did't like the bread. However she is 15 soooooo. I had the Monte Christo and macaroni salad and I wouldn't exactly call it a true Monte Christo. It was ok, at least not the normal chicken nuggests we usually eat there. My husband ate some bbq sandwich but he just said he was to hot to eat. (we had been at the pool for most of the day and maybe to much sun). I would eat there again but would try the grilled cheese I think. The tator tots were kind of mushy now that somebody mentioned that. Anyway, walked over to Toy Story Mania and waited maybe 20-25 minutes for it. So did all 3 rides and dinner in 2 hours. I thought that was pretty good. We went off to ride some other stuff and came back some time after 9. Had to wait about 30 minutes for Aliens and maybe 35 for Slinky. Loved Toy Story Land at night. It was so cute.

Still hoping to modify my SDD FP for a nighttime FP in September. I managed to modify to even snag SDD, but for the morning when I was hoping to be in Epcot. Still hoping that the wait at dusk is an hour, maximum, in case I have to ride standby. Watching for continued reports. Thank you for the thread!

So, the word is that the Monte Cristo sandwich is no longer available at Woody's Lunch Box, due to its lack of popularity.
If true, will there be a new menu item added?

Just fyi they sent me a really detailed questionnaire the next day after we went to TSL for the first time. They are on the ball asking about each detail you experience. I'm assuming the Monte Cristo got an F in the questionnaires...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter