Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

DH is Perfectly Goofy. He got an email last week to try to sign up at early or regular registration, but that if he didn't get in that way, to contact RD and they would have a spot reserved for him. I hope they would do the same for other legacy runners. Of course, there are fewer than 200 Perfectly Goofys left!
That's good to hear! I'm like quite a few of you, I've run the last 3 Tink's and I'm really looking forward to legacy status. This year's May date really threw me for a loop -- I think if it wasn't for that darn legacy status, I would have passed. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll continue after next year's. Since it seems like Tink is gonna be a May race from now on .... :(

These past few days though have me terrified. My allergies are at their absolute worst. Shortness of breath, I've completely lost my voice, my nose is all plugged up, sneezing night and day, and my eyes are watery and starting to swell by the end of the day. No idea how I'm going to run in this. I haven;t even gotten myself out on a training run since last week it's been that bad. This was my fear when they announced the move to May. I'm going to be so heartbroken if I've put in all this time to make Tink my Legacy race and physically not be able to do it!

DH is Perfectly Goofy. He got an email last week to try to sign up at early or regular registration, but that if he didn't get in that way, to contact RD and they would have a spot reserved for him. I hope they would do the same for other legacy runners. Of course, there are fewer than 200 Perfectly Goofys left!
That's awesome, congrats to him!!

I wonder how many pixies there are? It's bigger and more well-known now, but the weekends changed a couple of times and w/ WDW the weekend before the last 2 and Mother's Day this year... I know some people who wanted to but just couldn't.

That's awesome, congrats to him!!

I wonder how many pixies there are? It's bigger and more well-known now, but the weekends changed a couple of times and w/ WDW the weekend before the last 2 and Mother's Day this year... I know some people who wanted to but just couldn't.

I'm betting there are still quite a few pixies. I know a few people who dropped out due to Mother's Day, but most are still running. I know a lot more people who dropped out of the Disneyland half because of the heat, the course ( river bed) and the addition of Avengers/Star Wars. I'll probably stick with Tink and Star Wars. I just signed up for the Inaugural USA Half marathon while I still qualify. :)

This trip is going to be so difficult lugging all 6 medals from Dopey in January with me to California. *please note sarcasm*. I'm going for the 10 medal picture in front of the castle.

I'm betting there are still quite a few pixies. I know a few people who dropped out due to Mother's Day, but most are still running. I know a lot more people who dropped out of the Disneyland half because of the heat, the course ( river bed) and the addition of Avengers/Star Wars. I'll probably stick with Tink and Star Wars. I just signed up for the Inaugural USA Half marathon while I still qualify. :)

Congrats on qualifying! I got the email and looked at the times, I'd have to get down to 2:05 which isn't going to happen. I'm still trying to get under 2:30. And the race is in SD, at that time of year... Beautiful!

Congrats on qualifying! I got the email and looked at the times, I'd have to get down to 2:05 which isn't going to happen. I'm still trying to get under 2:30. And the race is in SD, at that time of year... Beautiful!

Thanks! I have no doubt that you will get under 2:30. I just happened to have the benefit of advanced age on my side, so that helped quite a bit. ;)

I love San Diego. I just need to save the sightseeing and great food until after the race.

I love San Diego. I just need to save the sightseeing and great food until after the race.
Oh god, the food! Tell me about it ~ going down for RnR next month and the course goes right by my fave mexican place. I would go there at least once a week when I lived down there. It's going to kill me running by there smelling it and not being able to get something, especially since it's such a short trip and no time to stop this time.

That's good to hear! I'm like quite a few of you, I've run the last 3 Tink's and I'm really looking forward to legacy status. This year's May date really threw me for a loop -- I think if it wasn't for that darn legacy status, I would have passed. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll continue after next year's. Since it seems like Tink is gonna be a May race from now on .... :(

I really do wish they would consider moving this race again. I'm in college and you really can't have worse timing. I got extremely lucky with the professors I have this semester letting me sit my final before I leave for CA. But it's going to be a nightmare next year with me taking math classes in the spring. And in a couple years I am going to have to have to quit Tink completely since I will be moving to a 4-year (currently doing classes at Red Rocks). And their finals start the Saturday of Tink weekend (final schedule is Saturday, and then Monday-Friday, don't ask me why they do this I don't know why either). So I literally can't come (not that I would be able to enjoy Tink weekend with the stress of finals, that school's stress level is bad but its worth it if you can make it through). I just wish they would move it a couple of weeks one way or the other. So Tink 16 will probably be my last year with the race until I graduate (and god knows when that will happen) unless that moves.

As long as Avengers doesn't suddenly move to a finals weekend out of the blue I can at least keep my legacy status their. I also have legacy with Dumbo. But it sucks to know I'm going to have to give up my legacy Tink status probably after the 5th anniversary.

These past few days though have me terrified. My allergies are at their absolute worst. Shortness of breath, I've completely lost my voice, my nose is all plugged up, sneezing night and day, and my eyes are watery and starting to swell by the end of the day. No idea how I'm going to run in this. I haven;t even gotten myself out on a training run since last week it's been that bad. This was my fear when they announced the move to May. I'm going to be so heartbroken if I've put in all this time to make Tink my Legacy race and physically not be able to do it!

Not the same problems. But I'm in nearby boat. Achy shin, bad sunburn, and a stomach bug has made the last month of training interesting to say the least. So I feel you. You should probably be okay though as long as you've had a good foundation coming up to the trouble spot. I've run races where I literally haven't been able to run for the last month leading in (points at Tink 2014 and the Wine and Dine/Avengers combo last year) because of fun medical stuff (allergic reactions, undiagnosed hip problems, those kind of things). Anyways point is you should be fine.

I have a request for anyone going to the Expo Thursday. We will not be arriving until midday Friday and by then I fear what I'm looking for at the Official Merchandise booth will be sold out.

So I will gladly pay someone to pick up a few items and meet me in DTD or at the Disneyland Hotel Friday.
At Dopey in January I bought all the Disney Medal Pins. They look like miniature versions of the finishers medals. I'm wanting the 10K, 1/2 Marathon, & Pixie Dust Challenge pins. 3 pins. Should be somewhere between $15-$20 each. I can paypal instant transfer half the cost up front, and then give you cash when we meet up.

Example of the Pins I'm talking about. The ones with the 'ribbons'.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8PHV0YcZwxLcXRVbFRiOXYzUm8&authuser=0

PM me if you can help. Thank you.

Last edited:
Wondering if any of you are attending the "Pasta in the Park Party" for Tinker Bell weekend.

I'm not going to be there but I'm interested to see some pics of the party. I'm wondering how they will theme the party. When the parties are at Stage 17 at DCA its easier to theme things specific to the event... But since it is now schedule to be at the Big Thunder Ranch I'm wondering if it will still have a strong pixie theme, and if yes how they pull that off. Also I know those who have attended the party in the past received special viewing for world of color or a parade, I'm wondering if that is being offered again. Thanks!

It is getting so close now! Can you please add me to the list for the Pixie Dust Chalenge? Has anyone had a sneak peek at any of the merchandise or the shirts? I thought we would have seen something by now.

I have a request for anyone going to the Expo Thursday. We will not be arriving until midday Friday and by then I fear what I'm looking for at the Official Merchandise booth will be sold out.

So I will gladly pay someone to pick up a few items and meet me in DTD or at the Disneyland Hotel Friday.
At Dopey in January I bought all the Disney Medal Pins. They look like miniature versions of the finishers medals. I'm wanting the 10K, 1/2 Marathon, & Pixie Dust Challenge pins. 3 pins. Should be somewhere between $15-$20 each. I can paypal instant transfer half the cost up front, and then give you cash when we meet up.

Anyone?

Shoot me a PM, I'll see what I can do.

Hi guys, dropping in from the W&D thread to let you know that the Disney Parks Blog has posted some merchandise pics and info for your races. I'm loving those Dooneys!

The weekend has official opened!

Just got home from the Expo :) Ducked in real quick for merchandise (aka I was there at 6am so I could be in the first group let in) and to pick up my packet before work. So excited it's really here.

--

Just a reminder - 2:00 pm meet up on Saturday at Tangaroa Terrace! We are wearing light blue ribbon/bracelets to identify ourselves.

Last edited:
It was a little wet early this morning ;) Hope everyone running the 5K still managed to have a good time! There's supposed to be a little more rain today but the rest of the weekend should be beautiful!

The rain for the 5K wasn't that bad and the 10K and half marathon races the weather was great. I had a wonderful time, gave away some cool stuff, and helped a fellow runner that was struggling during the half. All this and spending time with my friends turn out to be a great weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter