Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN!

First they usually send out an email saying that they have some stuff left and they offer it a cheaper pirce, but by the time they add the shipping it works out more $$ than if you had got it at the expo!!!!
After that it goes to the local outlet stores, I'll post as soon as I see any.
Last time I went it was all ToT and RFTT stuff.

It is a HECK of a lot better than never started!! I am proud of her too!! :goodvibes

This is sick and twisted but now I am looking for another race. Not sure if I want to do a 5K, a 10K, or a half? Only bad thing is that I live in NC and it gets HOT down here starting next month...

Add me to the sick and twisted cause I'm doing a 5k on the 27th and currently trying to decide what half I want to sign up for! Wanna come down and do the Aflac Iron Girl 15K in Clearwater on April 10th?

So sorry to hear that she got swept, but tons of kudos to her for even getting out there and trying! Please tell her I'm proud of her as well!! I don't know that I would have finished if I didn't have such an awesome teammate!:thumbsup2

You are too sweet to me!!!! Back at you! You definitely helped make the race fun and it was so nice to NOT do it alone!!! Thanks for being such an awesome running/walking buddy!!!! Hugs

That was totally you guys! I watched you guys take the pics, etc. The funny thing is my mom is in your photo.....in the first pic she has a white jacket on in the very middle. I should have popped over, I'm not officially on the WISH list, I honestly don't know much about what you have to do to be on those teams, etc. Kind of embarrassed to ask.

Anyway, I have been following this thread the past few months, but was afraid I would be like "I'm Brooke" and you guys who be thinking...and who is that??, lol!

You should of come and said HI!!! It was the first time I met everyone and I'm not on the WISH team either but everyone was so nice and helpful! Can't wait for next year!

The simple fact that she made an attempt to do it is WONDERFUL :love::love: Please remind her that, that morning many people decided to sleep and she woke up determined to make a differance in her life and she accomplished that goal :banana:

I was told by Disney Endurance that 565 people either got swept and/or could not finish due to medical reasons and/or mentally just could not get over the "wall" of having to finish.

Next year, she will ROCK!! and finish it strong :cool1:

Totally agree with you and I will pass on everyone's words of encouragement to her!

Hi all,

We were at WDW from 3/3-3/7, and (obviously) saw lots of gals running around with medals on Sunday... and I was super jealous. I'm not a runner, or an athlete at ALL, but I started training today for Princess 2011.

I walked/ran for 45 minutes today... 3.4 miles. It felt good! :lovestruc

That's awesome!!!!! Hope to see you there next year, it was a wonderful experience!!!!

After the run, I was dead - I swore at that minute I was done NEVER AGAIN :confused3:confused3

I never realized how draining mentally and physically 13.1 can really be, but I now realize you need to find the inner strength and search your soul to really pull down deep inside of you to finish.

Being home since late Sunday night, I have done nothing - it is like without a goal or race "i am lost" :eek: So I signed up for a 10 miler, known as the BC/BS broad street run in May.

I will def sign up for the princess next year though! It is a great way to keep going .........

April or May is when the endurance team said sign ups will be - they are projecting it to get larger and larger every year - and next year they said should be even better because of the large turn out.

:hug:

Hi all,

We were at WDW from 3/3-3/7, and (obviously) saw lots of gals running around with medals on Sunday... and I was super jealous. I'm not a runner, or an athlete at ALL, but I started training today for Princess 2011.

I walked/ran for 45 minutes today... 3.4 miles. It felt good! :lovestruc

I had so many people come up to me at the MK when I was in lines for rides or just walking around after the race asking about it. It is so wonderful to hear that you were inspired by the medals! :) The thing I loved most about this race is that there were women of all different backgrounds, fitness levels, sizes and ages running and walking. It is truly a race for anyone that has the dedication to do something that is a bit out of their comfort zone. I am not sure if you see that with other races, but it was a truly special day to participate in. Turns out Disney Magic isn't just for those visiting - it is for those running too (or walking:goodvibes) and I think it was what helped me finish. It wasn't just a single effort...the energy of it all helped! :wizard:

Regardless, you on well on your way to the Princess Half 2011! :woohoo: I recommend the Hal Higdon programs - he has a training guide on his website that is free. Good Luck!!

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with what the shirts look like. I want to run this next year, but my husband wants to do it with me. Is he allowed?

If you have a photo, please post. THANK YOU!

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with what the shirts look like. I want to run this next year, but my husband wants to do it with me. Is he allowed?

If you have facebook, there are a ton of pictures under the Disney Princess Half Marathon fan page that show the shirts. They were blue. Your husband is allowed. There were 400 men! Most were dragged by their SO's and some added some humor to it! Men can race, they just aren't eligible for the awards - other than one pair award. I can't remember what it was called. Was the couple award? They do get the medal that everyone who finishes gets. The shirt wasn't too girly. I think it is great that he wants to do it.

BTW, you don't have to wear the shirt. I don't wear anything when racing that I haven't before. That way, I don't run into issues with comfort, chafing, etc. My shirt has never been worn. I probably will when I start training the Disneyland Half. But, I am just paranoid as I have had plenty of bad experiences with new gear. I test out everything. I think evidently a lot of people didn't do that beforehand, because within the first mile, a ton of stuff was being dumped. It was Christmas for some of the runners in the corrals after us!

If you have facebook, there are a ton of pictures under the Disney Princess Half Marathon fan page that show the shirts. They were blue. Your husband is allowed. There were 400 men! Most were dragged by their SO's and some added some humor to it! Men can race, they just aren't eligible for the awards - other than one pair award. I can't remember what it was called. Was the couple award? They do get the medal that everyone who finishes gets. The shirt wasn't too girly. I think it is great that he wants to do it.

BTW, you don't have to wear the shirt. I don't wear anything when racing that I haven't before. That way, I don't run into issues with comfort, chafing, etc. My shirt has never been worn. I probably will when I start training the Disneyland Half. But, I am just paranoid as I have had plenty of bad experiences with new gear. I test out everything. I think evidently a lot of people didn't do that beforehand, because within the first mile, a ton of stuff was being dumped. It was Christmas for some of the runners in the corrals after us!

I deliberately dumped a few things because I knew I would be (and was!) cold waiting for the race to start. Including a $3 throwaway sweatshirt I picked up at Walmart and an old paint-stained pair of sweats.

I would never wear anything new on bottom, though, esp shoes/socks, or anything new underwear wise, but outer shirts seem to not make a difference to me.

I am not a very "girly" woman, but I loved the shirt that they gave us.

I would also agree that it was a very supportive race for those of us who had never done this before. :goodvibes

momTo2littlemonsters, I would love to do the race! However, I only get ONE trip to FL without DH per year! :laughing:

I had so much fun I am thinking of signing up for an international half marathon. I am canadian and live close to a border. it starts in the us and ends in canada. I just wonder if if I got through the disney princess do to the excitement and love of disney:) that was my first and I am hooked.

I want to go back next year but if i do it will mean flying solo and staying solo .....not sure how I feel about that as I have never been away from my kids. With the weather on the cooler side this year we want to go back to going to wdw in september.

Hello,

He's definitely allowed; my fiance ran the race as well last week. He really enjoyed it, despite being in a minority with all of us ladies! I'm the Disney fanatic of the family, but he was so impressed with the race that we're already planning our next one!
The bummer for the guys is that the race is completely targeted towards women, obviously. The expo was mainly all women's companies (he did buy a sticker, though, haha), and the free shirt we got was a women's shirt. He is giving his shirt to his mom because it's definitely women's cut. (He put it on last night as a joke... there's no way he could get away with wearing that shirt for real) Of course we both knew this going into the race, so it's not like he was like 'hey, where's my men's shirt?'. But it is a bit of a bummer since men do have to pay the full registration fee. But in the end is all goes to a good cause, so it's not a big deal.

Anyone happen to have a picture/pictures of the official merchandise section at the expo? I was going to try to call Disney Merchandising or one of the local stores and see if I could phone order a leftover shirt, but I wanted to refresh my memory as to which ones were there. I think I was leaning toward getting the tank top, but I want to be sure I have a good description of it on the phone. Thanks!

Yes, I took a few photos of some of the merchandise at the expo. Here you go:

Pins -
wdw86.jpg

Princess Mickey ears -
wdw9.jpg

Tanks -
wdw11.jpg

Tees -
wdw12.jpg

wdw85.jpg

Keychains -
wdw10.jpg

I had so much fun I am thinking of signing up for an international half marathon. I am canadian and live close to a border. it starts in the us and ends in canada. I just wonder if if I got through the disney princess do to the excitement and love of disney:) that was my first and I am hooked.

I want to go back next year but if i do it will mean flying solo and staying solo .....not sure how I feel about that as I have never been away from my kids. With the weather on the cooler side this year we want to go back to going to wdw in september.

Are you thinking about Detroit Marathon? My family runs it every year. I was thinking about it for this year, but thinking I may have ruined any 1/2 after the princess, it would be a lot to live up to, lol!

He's definitely allowed; my fiance ran the race as well last week. He really enjoyed it, despite being in a minority with all of us ladies! I'm the Disney fanatic of the family, but he was so impressed with the race that we're already planning our next one!
The bummer for the guys is that the race is completely targeted towards women, obviously. The expo was mainly all women's companies (he did buy a sticker, though, haha), and the free shirt we got was a women's shirt. He is giving his shirt to his mom because it's definitely women's cut. (He put it on last night as a joke... there's no way he could get away with wearing that shirt for real) Of course we both knew this going into the race, so it's not like he was like 'hey, where's my men's shirt?'. But it is a bit of a bummer since men do have to pay the full registration fee. But in the end is all goes to a good cause, so it's not a big deal.

I actually saw a man wearing the blue shirt, the fit was pretty funny, I think he was doing it for a joke.

Caseydilla thank you!! That tank was one of the shirts I was eyeing up. Now at least I have a visual that I can describe over the phone to them. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter