OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Does anyone know how much the costumes cost? I know the basic fee is $30 but I figure they will want some sort of costume as well lol. My boys are 3.5 and 6.5 and are going to love it! I'm hoping for something light as well be there in a few weeks and it will be warm!

Does anyone know how much the costumes cost? I know the basic fee is $30 but I figure they will want some sort of costume as well lol. My boys are 3.5 and 6.5 and are going to love it! I'm hoping for something light as well be there in a few weeks and it will be warm!

I think Boney and Jack are $65. Elizabeth Swan is around $55. Maiden is about $50. I'm not sure how they are selling Hook and Garb because they used to come with accessories before and I'm not sure if they do anymore. Hook without accessories is $45.

What's the biggest size outfit they have? DD9 wears about a 12 in girls.

XL (12-14). However, these sizes do typically run out fast, so they are not available in all costumes.

We might be going at the end of the month. Do they ever have openings for walkups? Would it be possible to make an appt. a few days ahead of time? Thanks for any information.

Certainly - they are typically busier right when the park opens and slow down shortly before they close (2:00-4:00). If they are busy at the moment you try to walk up, they'll give you a better time to return.

You should have no problem booking an appointment a day or two in advance, but you may not get the time you want.

I think Boney and Jack are $65. Elizabeth Swan is around $55. Maiden is about $50. I'm not sure how they are selling Hook and Garb because they used to come with accessories before and I'm not sure if they do anymore. Hook without accessories is $45.

XL (12-14). However, these sizes do typically run out fast, so they are not available in all costumes.

Thanks so much for the info, helps me plan how much $$ to bring, I've got a hook and a capt jack fan lol.

Thank you Berlioz70 for the information. I have a pirate: who will love this!

YAY - we're always on the look out for great pirates!!

Thanks so much for the info, helps me plan how much $$ to bring, I've got a hook and a capt jack fan lol.

It's mentioned on the first post... but I wanted to reiterate the Buccaneer Brigade at 4:00 (daily). This is a great experience for pirates to expand on the League!

It's mentioned on the first post... but I wanted to reiterate the Buccaneer Brigade at 4:00 (daily). This is a great experience for pirates to expand on the League!

How long does this take? We have ADR's for the plaza for 4:20. Drat!!

My 4yo ds is just starting to get into pirates- we booked the pirate and pals cruise, and I thought it would be awesome to surprise him with the pirate league earlier in the day-

However- he really doesnt like face paint-

Should I skip the Pirate league because of this? Any way to work around it? Should I just buy him a patch and sword (I assume they sell them around POC ride)?

Thanks!

They do sell a lot of the pirate merchandise in the Pirates Bazaar show (exit of PotC). However, TPL does take in many kids who do not like facepaint, they do other things with them! Sometimes they're even able to talk the kids into a simple black eye or scar (which take less than 5 minutes) and are pretty easy on the skin!

Ok, so I just booked this for our October trip. My four year old son LOVES anything Pirate, but he's not a Huge fan of face paint. :( He'll wear 20 temporary tattoos, but he gets all weird about paint. Well, I showed him the pictures, and he wants to do it now, but he said "Only if mommy does it with me!" HAHAHA! I tried telling him it's only for boys(No offense AT ALL if you have a lil girl doing it, it was just a fib to try and get me out of it! LOL) and he promptly pointed to the Empress picture and told me I could get that one! :lmao::lmao:

So here is my question... I have NO problem doing this with my son, I actually think it could be kind of fun, but am I going to be the only one over age 10 in there?!?!? LOL Are they gonna think I'm nuts when I show up for our appointment or are there going to be other adults there too?

Ok, so I just booked this for our October trip. My four year old son LOVES anything Pirate, but he's not a Huge fan of face paint. :( He'll wear 20 temporary tattoos, but he gets all weird about paint. Well, I showed him the pictures, and he wants to do it now, but he said "Only if mommy does it with me!" HAHAHA! I tried telling him it's only for boys(No offense AT ALL if you have a lil girl doing it, it was just a fib to try and get me out of it! LOL) and he promptly pointed to the Empress picture and told me I could get that one! :lmao::lmao:

So here is my question... I have NO problem doing this with my son, I actually think it could be kind of fun, but am I going to be the only one over age 10 in there?!?!? LOL Are they gonna think I'm nuts when I show up for our appointment or are there going to be other adults there too?

I'm booked along with my kids for our trip next month! I'm excited LOL. When I called for my reservation (adding mine to kids who were already booked) they said "How old is the child" and I sheepishly said "Its for me....I'm 34...is that OK?" :rotfl: The guy was really nice and said, "OH YES! We have adults all the time!" We're going one month from tomorrow!! :banana: I'll be sure to post an update and pics.

We're going in July and have the first appt. in the morning. Where do we go to get let into the park early??? I can't wait to surprise my kids with this!:yay:

Note to everyone - I added costume prices to the first post.

Are they gonna think I'm nuts when I show up for our appointment or are there going to be other adults there too?

Just as the pp mentioned, tons of adults get this done. I think the greatest was a pair on their honeymoon... it was slow so we performed a special pirate marriage ceremony right there in the league for them! :rotfl:

We're going in July and have the first appt. in the morning. Where do we go to get let into the park early??? I can't wait to surprise my kids with this!:yay:

I do not believe you'll be let in early, but you can try at the Breakfast entrance area. The Rope Drop is typically done by 8:55, so that give you some time to get to the League by 9:00. They do not open their doors until 9:00, so you cannot check in earlier.

Thank you so much for posting this!! I made an appointment at the Pirate's League for DS's birthday, which is the same day we're going to the MNSSHP. I started second guessing myself thinking we might be taking up valuable park time. You have completely put my mind at ease! I know DS is just going to love this!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter