Official "The Following" thread

I think this show is dropping out of my tv watching rotation. Just too many things that are driving me crazy. The FBI seems so slow -only sent 2 cars looking for the house??? Didn't do any background check on the attorney. They should have known she was sending a message. Who wouldn't notice her hand and wonder about that. The agent that fell for the "I'm just going to the bathroom" ploy. It all just seems sooo sloppy. I love Kevin Bacon but I'll just have to wait for his next show. :sad1:

I don't think they were clueless at all on the attorney, that's why Ryan didn't want her in there, but they can't stop him from meeting with his attorney. I'm sure they know about the fingers too, that's hard to hide.

I think this show is dropping out of my tv watching rotation. Just too many things that are driving me crazy. The FBI seems so slow -only sent 2 cars looking for the house??? Didn't do any background check on the attorney. They should have known she was sending a message. Who wouldn't notice her hand and wonder about that. The agent that fell for the "I'm just going to the bathroom" ploy. It all just seems sooo sloppy. I love Kevin Bacon but I'll just have to wait for his next show. :sad1:

Only Ryan and Mike were sent to NY because the agency (not Parker) believed that they were in Baton Rouge, based on the info they gleaned from Maggie's phone (Mike stated that the FBI believed they were there and Ryan insisted they were in NY.) One of the Friends (The General, don't know his name, but assume it might be Roderick) is an IT whiz and apparently included confusing information. Once they id'd Paul, Parker could justify sending the ATF and the local FBI office.

As far as the attorney, I agree with the previous poster. I doubt if the ACLU would approve of the FBI investigating attorneys that have already passed the Bar's background check. I don't think that attorneys could be under gag orders without the Court being involved.

Great episode the other night! You really don't know who might be a "Follower"!

Loved it this week! You had no idea who was who for awhile. And yet, so stinkin' funny!!! He was great, when they were holding him hostage, messing with them. I was also very glad Mike was wearing a vest!!!!

This week's episode was the best one yet! Had a little touch of "Homeland" because you really couldn't see a lot that stuff coming. :)

We are in the same boat, it's getting harder and harder for me to convince DH to watch it with me. While I do like it and will probably keep watching it it's hard when a number of times during an episode we're like "come on, really?!" It just seems too convenient that these followers can be so wide reaching and so completely orchestrated; the local cop, FBI agents, SWAT members.

If they've figured out Joe put all of this together while in jail wouldn't they have actively sought out every single visitor he had during that time and monitor their activities? It seems that they all visited him there at some point.

We are in the same boat, it's getting harder and harder for me to convince DH to watch it with me. While I do like it and will probably keep watching it it's hard when a number of times during an episode we're like "come on, really?!" It just seems too convenient that these followers can be so wide reaching and so completely orchestrated; the local cop, FBI agents, SWAT members.

If they've figured out Joe put all of this together while in jail wouldn't they have actively sought out every single visitor he had during that time and monitor their activities? It seems that they all visited him there at some point.

Well to be fair, I don't think any of the actual SWAT members were followers. Two followers killed two SWAT members and took their gear. At least, that was how I figured it happened.

Anyway, I am really loving the show! The local cop totally surprised the heck out of me, wasn't expecting that one at all. I too enjoyed Ryan messing with the three in the farmhouse while they had him tied up. Kevin Bacon is really great in this role!

Well to be fair, I don't think any of the actual SWAT members were followers. Two followers killed two SWAT members and took their gear. At least, that was how I figured it happened.

Anyway, I am really loving the show! The local cop totally surprised the heck out of me, wasn't expecting that one at all. I too enjoyed Ryan messing with the three in the farmhouse while they had him tied up. Kevin Bacon is really great in this role!

I think Parker said that, too. I agree that Kevin Bacon is excellent in this role.

Loved it this week! You had no idea who was who for awhile. And yet, so stinkin' funny!!! He was great, when they were holding him hostage, messing with them. I was also very glad Mike was wearing a vest!!!!

LOVED the way Ryan was messing with the captors. Great episode :thumbsup2

I think I am done watching....I was sickened by this last episode.

I think I am done watching....I was sickened by this last episode.

me too. and it's becoming really boring. same thing every episode: FBI is always a couple of steps behind, followers always get the best of them and escape. i am glad weston survived. i liked him on "warehouse 13".

So, is the new FBI guy a follower? His faced was X'd out on Roddrick's little FBI chart and he's the one that sent Weston to his hotel where they were waiting for him. Oh, and he didn't want them going to the warehouse to look for them.

So, is the new FBI guy a follower? His faced was X'd out on Roddrick's little FBI chart and he's the one that sent Weston to his hotel where they were waiting for him. Oh, and he didn't want them going to the warehouse to look for them.

Wrong face. The one who was X'd out was killed several episodes ago.

Wrong face. The one who was X'd out was killed several episodes ago.

Oh. I guess I do need glasses. :)

He still sent Weston to the hotel though. I tend to think everyone is a follower though. They fooled me with the female cop so now I just suspect everyone.

Gumbo4x4 said:
It's getting a little too weird and over the top unbelievable for me. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stick with it.

This is how I feel too. Last night I asked DH why we are still watching this show. It's getting so stupid. He agreed.

Of course they're going to the ship yard without back up. Why would they want back up. If they had back up they might actually catch some people and make arrests. DH is like why is that lady Cop still outside? I was like I know. Of course Kevin Bacon would be in there alone. The stabbing scene was weird and pretty homoerotic. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just not very believable. And what was the point of killing that guy? If they were going to use his corpse to confuse Police maybe. They need to rethink things like that. They have a limited number of followers. They lost 5 at the ship yard then they killed one themselves.

Looks like Roderick liked being the top guy. Not that Joe Carol has arrived he's not the top guy any more. I won't be surprised if those two get into a power struggle.

Looks like Roderick liked being the top guy. Not that Joe Carol has arrived he's not the top guy any more. I won't be surprised if those two get into a power struggle.

I agree, Roderick looked none too happy last night. I also don't know why I keep watching this. I don't know if they want you to think the new FBI guy is a follower as a plot twist or what. I will watch until the end of the season, but not sure if I will watch next year or not.

Oh. I guess I do need glasses. :)

He still sent Weston to the hotel though. I tend to think everyone is a follower though. They fooled me with the female cop so now I just suspect everyone.

I made the same mistake initially :goodvibes

And yes, I wondered about the hotel thing.

This is how I feel too. Last night I asked DH why we are still watching this show. It's getting so stupid. He agreed.

Of course they're going to the ship yard without back up. Why would they want back up. If they had back up they might actually catch some people and make arrests. DH is like why is that lady Cop still outside? I was like I know. Of course Kevin Bacon would be in there alone. The stabbing scene was weird and pretty homoerotic. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just not very believable. And what was the point of killing that guy? If they were going to use his corpse to confuse Police maybe. They need to rethink things like that. They have a limited number of followers. They lost 5 at the ship yard then they killed one themselves.

The stabbing scene reminded me of a vampire killing someone.
I think the point was he was sacrificing himself because Joe needed to start killing again. Kind of like someone who volunteers to let a vampire feed off of them.

The thing that really annoyed me about the warehouse was why didn't they do something to the car. The bad guys can't get away if you put holes in their tires or pull some important wires out (can you tell I don't know much about car mechanics).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!