***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

So excited because I just booked our Christmas trip -- Beach Club 12/19-12/26!

We were at WDW the same week about 10 years ago and had an amazing time, and the crowds didn't get crazy until Christmas day. Hoping for the same this year! :)

Has anyone started their ADR list yet?

I have started a rough list of ADRs and fast passes. I know we are going to want to go to Whispering Canyon and either 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for breakfast. We may throw in something new like Cape May. We are huge breakfast people. Kona is on that list too since we are staying at Poly.

ADRs are always the hardest for me. So many options and I have a hard time not changing them all the time once they have been made.

Count us in! We're booked at BWI Deluxe room,club level. Hoping for an AP discount! December 8-14.

Last edited:
Had to change our dates slightly due to deciding to do a split stay and room availability issues. We will now be at WL from 12/20-12/23 and at BC from 12/23-12/27.

Just booked our December 6-9 trip! We were originally going to rent DVC points and stay at AKV, but availability seems nonexistent for the weekend we're going, so we decided to play it safe and go back to Pop Century (which I love, so I'm not sad about this decision).

Joining in! I just got my PTO request for December approved. Doing a YC or BC and GF split! Can’t wait!!

DH decided that we should upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan.... and now we are... Let the food coma begin!

It won't be as tough as a lot of people think. First, its 3 meals per night of stay, not per day of visit. So that will take care of a couple of credits. Then, it frees you up to do some signature dining, which are 2 credits. I recommend Le Cellier and Brown Derby. And I think there are a couple of places at Disney Springs that take Disney Dining. And last, you can use the plan for dinner and show combo plans. Get guaranteed admittance to Fantasmic! and the Candlelight Processional.

DH decided that we should upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan.... and now we are... Let the food coma begin!

Back when we did packages, we always did the deluxe plan! But DH won't really eat CS at all, so it worked well for us. I actually don't find that TS meals take that much longer anyway, when you factor in the standing-in-line part. We've been doing room-only ressies for a few years since we have NE tickets, but we still mostly eat the same way as if we had the DxDP. I do miss the guilt-free dining though!

I am here!!! Yay!!! We are planning our second December trip. Our last one was quite a few years ago. We have been to Disney in October once, November four times, December once, May once and August once. The worst was August, just way too hot for us.

We love the Christmas season best!!! Will be there December 11TH-19TH staying at Boardwalk Villas. We rented points. My hubby is very excited to stay at his dream resort. Looking forward to following this thread.

We love the dining plan, but this trip is just hubby and I for our 25TH Anniversary, so we are going to do OOP. Never did deluxe dining, but I am sure it will be great for you!!

We love the Christmas season best!!! Will be there December 11TH-19TH staying at Boardwalk Villas. We rented points. My hubby is very excited to stay at his dream resort.

We are staying at BWV on rented points the 16-23! So excited to stay at BWV. We stayed at BCV on our last trip and walked over to BWV and loved the atmosphere! This will be our first Christmas trip...very excited for decorations!

Hello, excited to be joining the thread. Seven adults going - we're staying at PO/Riverside 12/20 thru 12/26.

I see a trainwreck a coming as we try to organize our ADRs and Fast Passes, we all have long lists of favs.
Will update as we work through our spreadsheets.

Joining :-) Going 1st week of December ... second christmas trip (1st one was 2012) so looking forward to discovering whats new and different .... I know the Osbourne Lights are gone :-(

Dates are 12/1 - 12/8 .... Music Resort ... seriously, other than delux that is all that was left with wheelchair access for my Mum, resorts booked up super quick this year!

We'll be there December 8-15 :mickeyjum I don't think I've been at wdw around Christmas time, if so I was young and can't remember! Last trip was a last minute/1 day at all 4 parks/birthday Celebration this past October :bday: We're so excited for an entire week of Disney magic Overwhelmed with planning FP & ADRs. Still can't decide if we'll do hoppers or basic tickets:confused3

. Still can't decide if we'll do hoppers or basic tickets:confused3
We always get hoppers and barely use them. Most people suggest. if you aren't sure you will need them, add them when you need them. I just don't like to take the time when I am there, so I pay for them to start with. I like the flexibility of hoppers.

We always get hoppers and barely use them. Most people suggest. if you aren't sure you will need them, add them when you need them. I just don't like to take the time when I am there, so I pay for them to start with. I like the flexibility of hoppers.
Thanks. I'm leaning towards hopper. Rather not stress on getting everything we want done and coordinating meals, early closings for parties, EMH, etc. last time TOT and RNRC were down :confused: and with hitting all 4 parks in one day, we never made it back when they reopened. I would be so said if I missed a ride and couldnt go back another day with the hopper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!