Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

They will not be able to acknowledge your cheers, they are required to walk looking straight ahead :) But I know Ash heard us cheer for him last year and told us about it later :)

Makes sense. I wasn't going for acknowledgment for me, but wanted to know if this was a good way to acknowledge all the work you all put in on costumes and then to come "march for the mouse" - wow. :thumbsup2 I had no idea what was involved until seeing this board! :eek: I know DSis likes us to cheer her on in races, tri.s etc. so I thought it might be the same for folks in a hot parade. :cheer2: ...but I don't want to unnecessarily distract anyone "in character."

This is a picture from last Halloween. We surprised our daughter by dressing up and going with her. You should have seen her face when I sneaked out the back got dressed and rang the front doorbell. Then my wife came out dressed in the hallway. Yes there must be a Dunkin Donuts on the Death Star. I'm working on a custom Ahsoka costume to keep my young one cooler.

Love the costumes!!

I have been waiting for over a year to talk about this! And now they have posted a list of merch at Darth's Mall: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend-merchandise/

We are the makers of FanWraps vehicle decals and are very excited that they will be showcased throughout the park and available for purchase at the Mall!!!
This is very surreal. :cool1:

Congratulations, how exciting for you!!!! I just looked at your website, those are awesome.

There is treasure among books....

Truer words never spoken.

:banana: GOOD Job ConnieB :banana:

f5SuFg2.jpg

Seems there are a few of us Candleshoe fans out there... I saw it and the original Freaky Friday with Jody Foster in the theaters :)

Makes sense. I wasn't going for acknowledgment for me, but wanted to know if this was a good way to acknowledge all the work you all put in on costumes and then to come "march for the mouse" - wow. :thumbsup2 I had no idea what was involved until seeing this board! :eek: I know DSis likes us to cheer her on in races, tri.s etc. so I thought it might be the same for folks in a hot parade. :cheer2: ...but I don't want to unnecessarily distract anyone "in character."

They will love your cheers :)

Never marched in a SWW parade, but have marched in others where you aren't supposed to wave or such....but I can tell you that hearing friends/family cheering you on gives you that warm tingling restrain-the-smile feeling that helps you keep marching even though your feet are warning you against imminent demise.

So when we know more about who is marching on the weekends we attend SWW, is it appreciated or distracting to holler at those members: "Hey, name here, thanks for marching!" ...or something?

They will not be able to acknowledge your cheers, they are required to walk looking straight ahead :) But I know Ash heard us cheer for him last year and told us about it later :)

They will love your cheers :)

Never marched in a SWW parade, but have marched in others where you aren't supposed to wave or such....but I can tell you that hearing friends/family cheering you on gives you that warm tingling restrain-the-smile feeling that helps you keep marching even though your feet are warning you against imminent demise.

Yep. I can surely tell you, as 501st, we are not supposed to make eye contact, respond, wave, etc. We are a "military" unit, and are supposed to march as such. The Rebel Legion guys are able to wave and such, but no high fives or direct contact. I can tell you though, we can hear you, and certainly appreciate the support. I will post a pic of me in my costume in a bit so you guys know who to look for!

Ash

Yep. I can surely tell you, as 501st, we are not supposed to make eye contact, respond, wave, etc. We are a "military" unit, and are supposed to march as such. The Rebel Legion guys are able to wave and such, but no high fives or direct contact. I can tell you though, we can hear you, and certainly appreciate the support. I will post a pic of me in my costume in a bit so you guys know who to look for!

Ash

:) I will be cheering :)

17 days & counting... I'm trying to get my boys autograph books together. Am I remembering correctly that all SW characters besides the three droids sign?

Hope there are known to this thread marchers for the mouse on the weekends (III and IV) we are there so we can cheer too :cheer2:
I've got weeks to go; but the closer we get, the more excited and less stressed I am. Can't wait :goodvibes
It's going to be great reading posts from those of you who are going earlier :thumbsup2

Just checking in, at MK since 11am and it is hot...!! Please be prepared for the heat. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Just arrived yesterday down from Canada and holy moly it's HOT! Can't wait for Thursday! Hopefully get to meet a few DISers.

Just arrived yesterday down from Canada and holy moly it's HOT! Can't wait for Thursday and hopefully meeting some DISers!

Epcot was hot and imho not very busy. DH and I have been loading up on poweraid and water. 4pm today was nearly unbearable in direct sun.

Newbie here (earning my ears) but long time lurker. CM attending SW weekend I (may 14-18th) with Rebel Rendezvous for me & the hubby +Sci Fi Character Breakfast Thursday May 15th.

You guys are freaking me out with 3 posts in a row about the heat! After the winter we had, and the non-spring, I think it's going to feel extremely hot for us. I need to just be happy it's not snow, and for the character meals that allow us to meet most of DS's favorites while in A/C!

You guys are freaking me out with 3 posts in a row about the heat! After the winter we had, and the non-spring, I think it's going to feel extremely hot for us. I need to just be happy it's not snow, and for the character meals that allow us to meet most of DS's favorites while in A/C!

I feel the same. I am actually still wearing a light jacket at night. I was thinking the heat would feel good after our horrid winter now I am a little worried. I see they took the thunderstorms out of the forcast in Orlando for Friday the opening day of SWW. YEAH!!!! Now if we can just beat the heat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter