Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

It should also be noted that I've started obsessively checking Florida weather even though I know that there is absolutely zero point to doing that up until right before I leave. I'm starting to lose my mind, I think. :crazy:
If it helps, I live here in FL and I'm always checking the weather, lol! Glad I did this morning: it was a lot colder than I expected (50).

I'm 28 days out, but the first 5 days I will be chaperoning 40 teenagers for my DD's band trip. I'm looking forward to happy hour on Friday!

Sounds like a good plan to me. When and where should we meet?
As soon as we get a look at the pre race area in the event guide I will pick a spot. For marathon weekend we met by the last gear check tent, it was a nice place because it was away from the crowds. I am planning on taking the first bus out of CBR so I will hang around from when I get there to about 30 mins before the start, depending on how far we have to walk to the corrals. I'm also going to use @DopeyBadger's idea and wear a sign that says DIS.

I leave 4 weeks from tomorrow. Magical Express tags arrived last week and MagicBands shipped this weekend. :cool1: I really don't want to rush time, because it's incredible that we're already to mid-March, but it really cannot come soon enough.

When does the digital event guide come out again? I was trying to explain to DS's GF she could sleep in a little and then catch the host transportation but unsure of just how long she can catch 40 more winks.

Good money is on next week sometime; however, it could also be the following week.
Yep, my money is on next week at the earliest (and probably late week if it is next week), but I wouldn't be surprised to not see it until the following week either. Hoping it is next week though, since that will be 3 weeks out and doesn't seem like it should be too early. At least runDisney posted the 1-month post on social media today, so we know they're giving it some attention!

EDIT: Looking through the Princess Weekend thread, I see that their waivers and corrals went up on February 2 this year, so that was 3 weeks out. And the event guide was even earlier than that (January 27). So I'm really hoping for some info by next week!

Last edited:
As soon as we get a look at the pre race area in the event guide I will pick a spot. For marathon weekend we met by the last gear check tent, it was a nice place because it was away from the crowds. I am planning on taking the first bus out of CBR so I will hang around from when I get there to about 30 mins before the start, depending on how far we have to walk to the corrals. I'm also going to use @DopeyBadger's idea and wear a sign that says DIS.
wait wait wait...first bus? dang, now we have to get up even earlier!!! :faint:

I'm also at CBR, but probably not on the first bus! :crazy2: . But we'll be there in plenty of time for sure and I'd happily stop by a meet as long as I can talk my BFF in to it since we normally take a picture before hand. Three races this weekend though so plenty of time for pictures!
I agree with the :crazy2: but I can never sleep the night before a Disney race so I figure I might as well head to the start instead of pacing in my room :crazy:

wait wait wait...first bus? dang, now we have to get up even earlier!!! :faint:

Or just come from west coast and stay up really late!

that's cute. How do you type that one?

:laughing: Because DS never sleeps anyway, so.....

Sleep what's that? Lightside I was up at midnight. So darkside will essentially be the same time frame for me.

I agree with the :crazy2: but I can never sleep the night before a Disney race so I figure I might as well head to the start instead of pacing in my room :crazy:
or jumping on beds trying to wake all the sleepers in rooms below you. Ah the fun times while staying at Disney.

I'm always on the first bus, and usually one of the first people on it. :-) This is my DD's first half so I'm going to let her decide what she wants to do in the morning. Usually I get in line for a picture or two and then just head to the corrals early to get a good spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter