***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I am wondering if maybe they may even give you costumes to wear at the hotel while you are there as part of the experience possibly.

yes that's what's happening, they will provide the wardrobe

I agree with yulilin3. This is an excerpt from Disney Parks Blog back in February of 2018: "Guests visiting the resort will be welcome to participate as a resident of the galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire." My read on that is the attire will be provided if you want to participate. I would think most that are willing to pay from such an immersive experience will want to wear the costumes. I certainly will!

Last edited:
The hotel seems like it's going to be run more like a cruise ship than a landlocked hotel - you "board" and spend 2 or 3 days fully immersed in whatever the storyline is on the "ship", then at checkout you can actually go out into SWGE (while you are being checked in to one of the "regular" resorts for the rest of your stay. From everything I've seen, it's not going to be a resort like other Disney resorts - more like a 2- or 3-day, locked down experience. So that would make sense that full costumes are allowed while you are "on board" but then regular costume restrictions apply once you leave the hotel to go out into SWGE or the other parks.

Disneyland costumes guidelines are staying the same. Full costumes will not be allowed. I would guess WDW would be the same.

https://www.micechat.com/220704-breaking-news-disneyland-star-wars-land-details/
I'm not super familiar with Disney's existing costume policy, but . . . is there a separate costume policy for children and adults? For example, it's perfectly acceptable for children to be dressed as Cinderella, head to toe, at Magic Kingdom. If my 5 year old shows up to SWGE wearing his Luke Skywalker costume, will that be allowed?

I'm not super familiar with Disney's existing costume policy, but . . . is there a separate costume policy for children and adults? For example, it's perfectly acceptable for children to be dressed as Cinderella, head to toe, at Magic Kingdom. If my 5 year old shows up to SWGE wearing his Luke Skywalker costume, will that be allowed?
here are the full guidelines

Dressing for Special Events

Please note these specific costume guidelines for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Star Wars: Galactic Nights and Disney After Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—May 4, 2019 only.

While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:

General

• Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
  • All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
  • Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:

• Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:

• Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
  • Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
  • Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
  • Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
  • Masks of any kind may not be worn.

Here is the link to the policy. But in general anyone under 14 can dress up. Some things to avoid are items that look like weapons; though, lightsabers they sell would be okay. Every thing below “Dressing For Special Events” is the rules for those, which are the only times those 14 and older can dress up. I should note I’ve seen many young kids dress up as Luke, Rey, and Leia with no problems ever. Generally the CMs play into.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Maybe the hotel-provided outfits will be loungewear, so not everyone would want to wear it outside anyway.

Wow, interesting!

So, at least in Disneyland, there really will be absolutely no point to uberfans camping out the night / morning before opening. Basically, Disney is saying 'if you don't have a pass, don't bother coming.'

I know I am a bit late in replying - but one reason I think they are being very strict for access to Disneyland’s GE and doing the reservation system is because it is the first one to open and they know all sorts of media will be there (Disney media but regular media too) and know they will be broadcasting images of what they see - and that will be a form of marketing for the land. And they want that video to show a controlled land with crowds that aren’t insane and not 13 hour queue to get into the land, etc.

Basically they want to strictly control the first images that much of the world will see of the actual operation of the land

Since DHS is opening later, I don’t think they are as concerned about this since all the media will already have their footage

My biggest take on this is that Star Wars "inspired" outfits will be allowed because it's kinda just an eccentric way to dress. I think you will be banned from dressing as a specific character in the star wars universe

I agree. And if they are selling Jedi robes I have trouble seeing them not allow people to wear what they just purchased. But like you said, no specific characters and no like full on Wookie costumes, etc

Just a reminder to everyone that if you see stories today about Galaxy’s Edge with lots of details, details, etc ... to please take notice of today’s date :D

I already saw one about a special paid event scheduled for Galaxy’s Edge (I could tell it was fake when it mentions signs would be in Klingon)

56236136_2108572279258376_6977446230896934912_n.jpg

like this @TheMaxRebo ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter