• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I went back a few pages, and since activity on this thread seems to have slowed some, I just didn't see anything recent about FPs for the SW:GE attractions. I know they aren't doing them now, but wondering if anyone has heard any rumblings about after the RotR ride opens - any rumors floating around?

Since our trip isn't until mid-April, hoping that they have started FPs by then... :)

Also hoping that they rearrange the Tiers in HS by then!
No rumblings and remember any swge questions can be asked in the swge sub forum

So... SW:GS Dessert Party is still not bookable for January. Does anyone have any insight into this? We're going that last week of January and hoping to do it (We've done it twice). Not applicable to this thread, but the Fantasmic VIP Dessert isn't bookable either. These have to be related, right?

Bumping up this thread instead of making a new one. We're also going in March 2020 and since it was mentioned the calendar is uploaded 3 months in advance, does that mean the times will appear beginning of January for the complete month of March? So far only dates up until Feb 29th are on the website. My son would be devasted if there are not SW fireworks to go along with Galaxy's Edge.

I wouldn't worry. I think They'll definitely be there. When I was waiting in 2017 to load it was about 65 days in advance but they still released. I don't think they'll do away with this anytime soon IMHO.

Wow, these new prices after the New Year are pretty high. $289 for a family of 4? Yikes.

Holding onto my reservation for now, but going back and forth on whether it's worth it given that the best parts of the experience can be enjoyed without paying extra.

I wouldn't worry. I think They'll definitely be there. When I was waiting in 2017 to load it was about 65 days in advance but they still released. I don't think they'll do away with this anytime soon IMHO.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just a bit worried since we are going the week of March 4th when Mickey's Runaway Train is opening. I don't know how any of the opening ceremonies/parties and the later crowd influx for the attraction would possibly interfere with the fireworks. I know it's not ROTR but it is a new attraction that is right inside the building vital for the fireworks... So I am wondering if that would have an impact.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just a bit worried since we are going the week of March 4th when Mickey's Runaway Train is opening. I don't know how any of the opening ceremonies/parties and the later crowd influx for the attraction would possibly interfere with the fireworks. I know it's not ROTR but it is a new attraction that is right inside the building vital for the fireworks... So I am wondering if that would have an impact.
It should be running. The fireworks shows ran when the great movie ride was still in operations so it has no effect on what's happening inside the building

It should be running. The fireworks shows ran when the great movie ride was still in operations so it has no effect on what's happening inside the building

I think Great Movie Ride used to close early because of fireworks or is my memory off? Hence my asking since I can't imagine they would close off the new attraction early or not have any opening parties right there at the attraction. I am particularly worried about this since we'll be there March 3rd to March 8th and have to pick one HS day during that time. I think for the future it probably won't have an impact just like GMR didn't have one. Not seeing any fireworks scheduled yet for that particular week makes me a bit suspicious at this time... could also be me being thrown totally for a loop by the announcement of an attraction opening during our trip.

I think Great Movie Ride used to close early because of fireworks or is my memory off? Hence my asking since I can't imagine they would close off the new attraction early or not have any opening parties right there at the attraction. I am particularly worried about this since we'll be there March 3rd to March 8th and have to pick one HS day during that time. I think for the future it probably won't have an impact just like GMR didn't have one. Not seeing any fireworks scheduled yet for that particular week makes me a bit suspicious at this time... could also be me being thrown totally for a loop by the announcement of an attraction opening during our trip.
no they didn't, they just used the side entrance as the front entrance was fireworks fallout area. The schedule for this show doesn't show up as early as HEA or Epcot Forever. It's been like that since day one

no they didn't, they just used the side entrance as the front entrance was fireworks fallout area. The schedule for this show doesn't show up as early as HEA or Epcot Forever. It's been like that since day one

Oooooh, that was what I was remembering then since I do remember the front was blocked off. You put my mind at ease in that regard, thanks :goodvibes I'll patiently wait for the schedule then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter