**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Morning EMH tends to make the park more crowded during the morning hours. If you really want to sign up be at the entrance no later than 10 minutes before the park opens. As always keep an eye out for this thread on news of any soft opening for Launch Bay and Jedi Training.
You best believe I will be stalking this thread the next few days! We leave on Saturday! EEK!!party:

Wow! This review is disappointing. I am not surprised by the food, because the DLR SOTF food did look weird and thrown together. I hope DHS does a better job. Hopefully, with previous SWW experience, it will be better. Even the SM overlay isn't going over greatly:(

http://micechat.com/115754-star-wars-season-of-the-force/

Is anyone here really surprised by this though? What is most angering is that they are touting this as the "bigger, better replacement for SWW"

Is anyone here really surprised by this though? What is most angering is that they are touting this as the "bigger, better replacement for SWW"
I look at it as a temporary replacement for SWW with the true "bigger better" being the eventual SW Land. As I said before, I think this reviewer was pretty ridiculous in his account. JMHO.

picture of the sign, from Inside the Magic
12289527_10153102955412035_6725228340995006602_n.jpg

I look at it as a temporary replacement for SWW with the true "bigger better" being the eventual SW Land. As I said before, I think this reviewer was pretty ridiculous in his account. JMHO.

I can understand that. However, I can't even justify this as a temporary replacement for something that is years away. I think I echo the sentiment of many of us in that follow and contribute to this thread that the way SWW was cancelled without at least giving us a final year, and the abysmal way it was communicated- emails telling us it was happening, including the announcement as a one off paragraph hidden in the Launch Bay post- after people had booked vacations around it, was a bit of a slap in the face.

I for one saved points to carry over on my DVC specifically for it, so we could stay where we want and in the type of way of room we want. Had they made the announcement even a month or two earlier, I would have been able to change my current reservation for this coming week to upgrade my room. Instead I am faced with either keeping my trip in May- which I feel is unnecessary because I don't need to experience F&G again, or lose points because I can't carry them over to next year. I understand that things change, but I don't feel it's fair.

I just can't justify the extra money to visit Launch Bay.

That being said, I suppose I can see how people would see the review as a bit over the top. My reply was more to point out the fact that trying to push this as something to replace SWW- even temporarily was going to go over like lead for those of us that absolutely love SWW.

I can understand that. However, I can't even justify this as a temporary replacement for something that is years away. I think I echo the sentiment of many of us in that follow and contribute to this thread that the way SWW was cancelled without at least giving us a final year, and the abysmal way it was communicated- emails telling us it was happening, including the announcement as a one off paragraph hidden in the Launch Bay post- after people had booked vacations around it, was a bit of a slap in the face.

I for one saved points to carry over on my DVC specifically for it, so we could stay where we want and in the type of way of room we want. Had they made the announcement even a month or two earlier, I would have been able to change my current reservation for this coming week to upgrade my room. Instead I am faced with either keeping my trip in May- which I feel is unnecessary because I don't need to experience F&G again, or lose points because I can't carry them over to next year. I understand that things change, but I don't feel it's fair.
I agree on this. I am one of those posters, if you look back. I am also in the same boat wrt DVC points.

That doesn't mean that I agree with that reviewer's exceedingly melodramatic (and at times flat out silly) review.

I had booked a wknd for the Apr Dark Side race. When SWW was canceled, I canceled my May trip and tacked a couple of days onto the Apr trip. If I were going ONLY for SWW, not sure SotF (or whatever it'll be called in WDW) would be enough for me to keep my trip. I totally understand that.

I still think that reviewer was silly, and I still view this as temporary "fix"-ish. I also think they could have had SWW one last time despite construction and given people a warning (like with Osborne Lights). But I will still look for the good in SotF (or whatever!). JMHO. :)

Last edited:
I'm not personally worried about a PG-13 rating. Given other films I know my kids were fine with at 9 and 10 yrs old now that have that rating, I'm fine taking them to this.

great excuse to watch it more than once...As I type I have a house filled with teenagers attempting a Star Wars marathon, they started at 7:30 am, let's see if they finish :)

Exactly! I'm actually glad I have an excuse to see it first with just dh and ds14. It'll be much more enjoyable if we aren't having to run kids to the bathroom in the middle of the movie! ;)

I called yesterday to book the Wild Africa Trek for my May trip since SWW is canceled. When I said that, Anna Marie said that she just got out of a meeting about some Star Wars events. I asked if it was for Seasons of the Force and after a few seconds of looking through her notes from her recent meeting she said yes. She said they will offer a dessert party with adult beverages for the fireworks with Star Wars music and possibly have some characters. She didn't give me the cost but said that booking will open for the event around the first week of December.

I suppose I would consider it depending on the cost but I'm not big into desserts so I'll likely watch the fireworks from elsewhere.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter