***Official September 2022 Thread***

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it looks like calling yields the same result as MDE. They said they are totally booked but I should continue to check MDE for openings. :sad1:

ETA: They did say they will accept walk ups, so we will consider that. Anyone have experience walking up to Y&Y for lunch?
We have the Laundry card and use the walk up option frequently

My family has scheduled an impromptu trip just to go to Epcot for Food & Wine. We’re staying Sunday, September 11 - Tuesday, September 13 with only one park day at Epcot on Monday. We also are doing MNSSHP on Sunday, the day we arrive. Our original plan was to stay at Beach Club but when we were booking, there wasn’t any availability so we went with Boardwalk Inn instead.

Seriously? Haha, now I'm really starting to think the system issues are impacting the availability I'm seeing. We were looking for Skippers Canteen and Steakhouse 71 for before the Halloween Party. Skippers I've already managed to move the time from 6:15 to 4:55 thankfully, but Steakhouse 71 I can't get anything before 6. Via Nappoli only had either 4:15 or 7:00 available for the day we're going, we were hoping for 5:30-6ish. Even Tiffins we could only get a 1:00, hoping for noon. Then there is the Rose and Crown fireworks package, I'm hoping that times just haven't been released for that week yet, we've never had issues booking this before and there is no availability even at 60+9.

Will just have to keep trying!

I had a lot of trouble this morning also and wasn't able to get things that I wanted. Then I had reservations I was booking just to have something error out and I had to book again. Only the original reservation did end up getting booked so then I had multiple reservations. Then I couldn't cancel some of them online and had to call.

Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up some others I missed. I was booking for a party of 8 so I thought that was why I wasn't seeing anything but I also had trouble when going down to a party of 4.

I had a lot of trouble this morning also and wasn't able to get things that I wanted. Then I had reservations I was booking just to have something error out and I had to book again. Only the original reservation did end up getting booked so then I had multiple reservations. Then I couldn't cancel some of them online and had to call.

Hopefully, I'll be able to pick up some others I missed. I was booking for a party of 8 so I thought that was why I wasn't seeing anything but I also had trouble when going down to a party of 4.
I had the same issues this morning.

If you sign up for the Landry Select card you can just show up at the restaurant and get in without too much of a wait. I believe it's $25 to join and the card comes with $25 on it. First use will pay for itself.

We have the Laundry card and use the walk up option frequently

Yes, it comes in handy when we decide we don't want a quick service meal at AK.

This is great news! Thanks all!

Countdown is at 40 days today!
Sun 9/4 - Arrival at POFQ, Disney Springs and pool
Mon 9/5 - EPCOT
Tues 9/6 DHS (Sci-Fi Lunch, Oga's afternoon)
Wed 9/7 EPCOT morning (Space 220 lunch and then HHN at Universal (birthday present for the DH who loves Halloween)
Thurs 9/8 MK
Fri 9/9 MK early park day due to MNSSHP (dinner at California Grill)
Sat 9/10 fly home bright and early!

We go yearly this same week so skipping Animal Kingdom this year. Just don't have time to fit it in. My daughter will be in her last year of MS so this will probably be our last September trip (at least with her) until she is done with Highschool.

That's so weird at this time of year I'd think. I hope you can find one for both of them.

We're 2nd week in Sept. and, oddly, there was Ogas available unlike I've ever seen before. I even added that ADR days later after my 60-day window ADR and had my pick of times on the day we're in DHS.

We've also had trouble getting Skipper's in the past for the times we wanted
I am there Labor Day week and was also able to add on Oga's a few days after my window opened. I was very surprised. Same for my California Grill reservation on a Friday night!

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I have to ask. Has anyone booked a fireworks dessert party on a MNSSHP night? I didn't bother looking this morning since I figured the dessert party showing on the website were for Enchantment and not the Halloween show, but now I'm wondering if I should have checked. The FOMO is strong over here! :rotfl:

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I have to ask. Has anyone booked a fireworks dessert party on a MNSSHP night? I didn't bother looking this morning since I figured the dessert party showing on the website were for Enchantment and not the Halloween show, but now I'm wondering if I should have checked. The FOMO is strong over here! :rotfl:
I thought the dessert party was only Enchantment, not for the halloween fireworks, but I could be wrong. The won't run both shows on party nights. I think you could do both when it was an after hours event last year. But I don't think theres a special dessert party for Halloween.

The advantages of living in Australia....

I just logged onto Disney to check a dining reservation and thought I would click on Magic Bands.
Lo and behold, Magic Bands + appeared available, so I bought one for myself. My two kids are happy with regular Magic Bands, but I thought it is worth getting one between the three of us.

So if any of you are insomniacs (its 2 am Eastern) and want a Magic Band + you can get them now!

I thought the dessert party was only Enchantment, not for the halloween fireworks, but I could be wrong. The won't run both shows on party nights. I think you could do both when it was an after hours event last year. But I don't think theres a special dessert party for Halloween.
Thanks, that's what I figured. I hope they bring it back, we loved doing the dessert party during previous MNSSHPs, it was such a nice little break from running around during the night.

Made a few reservations… didn’t get space 220 lounge.

Went ahead and booked keys to the kingdom tour.

Booked Sebastian’s for our first night. Menu looks good and there is a 10+ page thread on their rolls…lol

Booked a Beaches & Cream lunch for our departure day.

Bought a turquoise magicband+ for me and a black magicband+ for my husband.

I was going to do a ride share for our airport transportation but I think we may try Sunshine flyer (did Mears in May and not a fan).

Thanks, that's what I figured. I hope they bring it back, we loved doing the dessert party during previous MNSSHPs, it was such a nice little break from running around during the night.
Yes. Used to be a “Hallowishes Dessert Party”. One year it had seating for the dessert party as well as special viewing area for parade.

Ordered our Magicband+! We are just getting one. DH and I already have 4 new regular Magicbands for this trip and I want to wear those. We will put the Plus one in our bag and use it to play the games and such. Picked the 50th Anniversary Partners statue one so figure it doubles as a 50th souvenir :)

UGH don't know which one to pick!!!

Update: Ok, I went with the snacks one. I was torn between that, the four parks, and the fireworks one. I love both the 50th anniversary ones, but I had one of the regular 50th ones for my January trip and at that point I was torn between the castle and the snacks anyway.

Last edited:
UGH don't know which one to pick!!!

Update: Ok, I went with the snacks one. I was torn between that, the four parks, and the fireworks one. I love both the 50th anniversary ones, but I had one of the regular 50th ones for my January trip and at that point I was torn between the castle and the snacks anyway.
I was shocked to see so many choices. Figured there would be the same five everyone was posting about leading up to today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter