• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

What do you guys think about the new Genie + announcement? My plan for Sept was to only purchase Genie + for 1 MK day. If I pre-purchase now to avoid potential cost increase and ensure they are not sold out, I will have to purchase for all of our days which will add $90 I wasn't planning to spend (for Epcot and AK days). My inclination is to not pre-purchase and just hope that in Sept there won't be any issue with selling out and I will be able to get it in the morning of our MK day (and at the same $15 price).
I did it (pre-paid G+ for the full duration). I was also thinking of only purchasing for MK and DHS days, but I'm treating it as a hedge against a future price increase. I ended up spending $120 more than I had originally planned for the two Epcot and AK days.

I don’t imagine they’ll limit and sell out. I think price increases on high capacity days are more likely so I’m assuming/hoping the extra cost of the days I don’t need it would still be less than paying a little more on the days we do?

Unless it’s a full price double or triple I think it’s still going to be cheaper for me to just get one MK day and one HS. Epcot is my wild card with Remy now a G+ and not knowing if I’ll get to do extended evening hours due to the MNSSHP schedule… too many things still moving for me to want to pre purchase, but I have zero worry G+ will sell out any day.

I don’t imagine they’ll limit and sell out. I think price increases on high capacity days are more likely so I’m assuming/hoping the extra cost of the days I don’t need it would still be less than paying a little more on the days we do?

Unless it’s a full price double or triple I think it’s still going to be cheaper for me to just get one MK day and one HS. Epcot is my wild card with Remy now a G+ and not knowing if I’ll get to do extended evening hours due to the MNSSHP schedule… too many things still moving for me to want to pre purchase, but I have zero worry G+ will sell out any day.
I tend to agree that it probably won't sell out, particularly in Sept. And it's a good point about the increased cost of one day likely being less than pre-purchasing three days I don't really need.

I hadn’t pre-purchased it bc I didn’t want for all days. But was debating just buying it ahead of time so it is one less thing I have to do every morning at 7am. Trying to remain positive but the lack of being able to plan ahead is driving me a bit crazy.

I hadn’t pre-purchased it bc I didn’t want for all days. But was debating just buying it ahead of time so it is one less thing I have to do every morning at 7am. Trying to remain positive but the lack of being able to plan ahead is driving me a bit crazy.
I think that’s a legit cost to consider- your stress and how many steps you have to plan every morning might be worth a few extra $15 charges… if you have a small group. For 11 of us I need to just do the extra steps when I can 😂

I did the pre-purchase in January and did not find the additional cost for the whole trip to be worth it at all so I didn't purchase for September. The inability to stack or get another reservation until 2 hours passed meant on most days I only used the feature for one ride since availability quickly moved into afternoon return times when I was either hopping or taking a break. It might be a good option if you are arriving later in the parks, instead of rope dropper, or plan on heading to the park for just an afternoon, but for me, I found that arriving at early entry and getting a lot done during that time worked better.

I do recommend it for HS, as I was able to use it there for Midway Mania early and then again quickly for an immediate ride on Star Tours while Rise was shut during my return window. The other place that would work out well is probably MK if you are doing early entry. Because you're limited to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland I would suggest trying to hit a couple rides in one of those areas and then make a beeline to Adventure. Once there, ride Pirates right away as that line moves fast, and have a Genie+ return for Jungle. That ride line builds up FAST and the return times book fast as well.

My experience could have been poor because January crowds were pretty awful. If crowds are slowing, and in September much lower, then maybe Genie+ will be more effective, however if the crowds are that low, the cost may not be worth it if waits are short.

Magicband availability is a bit better. Should I pull the trigger or wait for Magicband+? What about this Toy Story Land exclusive?

Magicband availability is a bit better. Should I pull the trigger or wait for Magicband+? What about this Toy Story Land exclusive?

I'm waiting for Magicband+, but one thing I heard from someone on those is that unlike the regular magic band, they need to be charged, so if you don't want to have to deal with that maybe go for the regular.
I'm unfamiliar with the toy story exclusive, what is that?

That one is soooo cute! I hope when they actually release the Magicband+ there are some cuter designs than the prototype ones. I mean I love the 50th anniversary theming, but there should definitely be character options as well.

I'm hoping for this (low crowds/short waits), but if Genie + is available and price is about the same as now I will probably get it for MK day only as previously planned.
I'm planning one one of my days in MK to use Genie, but I'm also going to be watching wait times. HS is a given, but like Neverbeast said, Epcot is a wild card if they don't restore Remy to ILL before my trip.

Last edited:
I've never used Genie+, it wasn't out yet for our last trip. We're planning to do MK on our MNSSHP day, so hopefully the crowds will be low and we won't need it. I think the only day we'd maybe get it for would be our Epcot day, which will be the Friday right before Labor Day weekend. We want to ride Guardians as well as Remy.

Hi everyone!
I just booked a holiday in Orlando for 14 days. I’m coming all the way from Australia ( it takes a day to get there) and this will be my first visit to Disneyworld!
You all sound so experienced so would love to get all your tips and tricks 😄
I look forward to learning lots!
So excited
Kate 😁

Hi everyone!
I just booked a holiday in Orlando for 14 . I’m coming all the way from Australia ( it takes a day to get there) and this will be my first visit to Disneyworld!
So excited
Kate 😁
@tompaddyelle - Hi Kate and Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! :welcome: We are so glad you joined us all the way from Australia 🦘!!! And its your 1st visit :cheer2:Congratulations This is a very experienced Group and you may ask away any questions you may have. Some of our members have even worked for Disney before. If you will post your hotel or resort you are staying at and your dates to visit, I will add you to our Countdown List located on Page 1 of this thread. We are also a very enthusiastic and excited September Group planning and counting down our trips. We look forward to seeing you here for more planning!!:mickeyjum

We are booked for sept 17-20 for a short resort only trip. Doing a split stay with the new studios at GF and then club level at BW!
:welcome: in to the September 2022 Group @tinabina919 !!!!!! So glad you joined our Group!!! My favorite quote is "Any day in Disney is a Good day" (well at least most of the time) Lol........... so your short trip sounds Great. :D I am staying at the GF for the 1st time and I am so excited. The new studios at GF will be so nice for you. It was such a good discount for us, we decided to try it once. And Club level at the Boardwalk sounds amazing!! I will add you to our Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning. :tink:

Hi everyone!
I just booked a holiday in Orlando for 14 days. I’m coming all the way from Australia ( it takes a day to get there) and this will be my first visit to Disneyworld!
So excited
Kate 😁
Woohoo! Welcome @tompaddyelle . My wife and I went to Australia for our honeymoon. We spent five days in Cairns and five days in Sydney. So excited for you on your first trip to Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter