• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw RoL at the 8:30 show on 2/26. Because the park closed at 8 that night, we had to be back inside the gate before 8, but we didn't wait in line for RoL and walked right in with the moving line at about 8:10. Had great seats too. Show was ok, but I feel like they have just tried to cram too much into the show in the absence of fireworks. Story line was a little jumbled for me. Lagoon is so big and they are trying to use the whole area. A lot to see and difficult to take it all in. I will see it again to try to pick up on what I missed the first time.

We have ROL dining package at Tiffins -ROL 1st Viewing
4:40 PM April 26th. I'm guessing 1st. viewing will be 7:15 as well

We are going in May. I am seeing there are 2 shows now will Fast Passes be offered for the first show ?

We saw ROL tonight using FP. We arrived to the FP entrance at about 6:40PM for a 7:15 show. The viewing area was more full than I was expecting - probably 80% full. There were just two of us and we got good seats about half way up on wooden benches. We could have had spots on the concrete seats a few rows down but opted for the wooden ones. If I had to do it again I would arrive by 6:30 even though things worked out fine for us. As others have said, there do not appear to be any bad seats. Obviously, each night can be different so YMMV. Once they add two shows starting March 11 it would seem that will also change things. As others have noted Pandora's opening will change things.

FWIW, I liked the show and thought it fit really well with the whole DAK theme. Yes, there is no story but that is fine with me as the show worked for me. DW did not like it as much and thought it was hard to see the projections on the water screens. Next time we come I suspect it will not be a must-do but I would still like to see it again.

For anyone comparing ROL to World of Color at DLR, they are not really comparable. ROL has more in common with Illuminations than WOC IMO. WOC has several versions and they have now returned to the original version which is by far the best. If anyone compares ROL to WOC please find out which version of WOC they are talking about. WOC is based squarely and almost completely on Disney characters. ROL takes a different approach and like Illuminations does not involve Disney characters. The theme is more a celebration of the world. Illuminations is more about celebrating people and nations, while ROL is of course about nature and the animal kingdom.

Even though WOC and ROL are not comparable, I can compare how I felt about both at first showing. WOC absolutely blew me away and everyone in my family. ROL did not. It felt good and uplifting. But it did not blow me away. Even so, a show like WOC would not work at AK IMO. ROL works at AK. So to some degree comparing ROL to WOC is like comparing apples and oranges.

:wizard:

Last edited:
I would also add to the PP that it is MUCH easier to actually SEE ROL than WOC. The WOC viewing area design is flawed while ROL is well designed. If you can't get one of the prime viewing spots for WOC it will seriously detract from the show because so much is blocked by people standing in front of you unless you happen to be 6 ft and 6 inches tall. So when I compared ROL to WOC I was comparing an average viewing location for ROL (which is still quite good) to a prime viewing location for WOC which takes great effort and a long wait time in line to obtain.

:wizard:

DAK does not offer PM EMH.
Of course they don't, everyone knows that.:P
When I looked at the calendar, my mind changed the "A" in AM to a"P".:badpc: Hey give me a break, I'm old enough to be your dad, but the answer was still correct.
What's more interesting is that they're having two shows at 8:30pm.:sad2:

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Gosh I hope this thread can help me.

Two questions:
1) with the TOP dining package, for the set price, is it a reduced menu? Or may you pick your app, entree &dessert from the full menu?

2) I have the dining plan, it would be foolish to use two dining credits for this meal correct? With the set price of $67 (plus tax and tip we'll call it around $90 rounding up) and that is far less than two TS credits would be worth.

If I can get a gift card to cover this meal, I'll be able to have a TS meal on my first and second day and have the ease of just dropping a gifrcard for Tiffins.

If the menu is limited, I may switch out of the package and just book outright and try for FP.

Any guidance would be great, thank youu!!

Gosh I hope this thread can help me.

Two questions:
1) with the TOP dining package, for the set price, is it a reduced menu? Or may you pick your app, entree &dessert from the full menu?

2) I have the dining plan, it would be foolish to use two dining credits for this meal correct? With the set price of $67 (plus tax and tip we'll call it around $90 rounding up) and that is far less than two TS credits would be worth.

If I can get a gift card to cover this meal, I'll be able to have a TS meal on my first and second day and have the ease of just dropping a gifrcard for Tiffins.

If the menu is limited, I may switch out of the package and just book outright and try for FP.

Any guidance would be great, thank youu!!
The full Tiffins menu is available for the Dining Package for RoL.

You may want to check out the RoL Dining Package thread on the Restaurant Board. They'd be more likely to help calculate the value - Tiffins is excellent!

The full Tiffins menu is available for the Dining Package for RoL.

Thank you for your quick response:) this was a big one as my party would have chosen a different ADR time outside of dining package had the menu been selective!

*runs to dining thread* thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter