*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow we can book ADRs for our Sept trip. I know the Rivers of Light dining packages are only through June... what would you recommend? I don't want to go to Tuskers unless we're getting the dining package.

It will likely be free dining during our trip and it's the F&W Festival, so I'm thinking we need to book SOMETHING as a backup just in case we can't get the dining package once they finally open up. Thoughts?

If it were me I would get FP+ over the dining package, which sounds like it's not even an option to book for you at this point anyway. I personally would rather order what I want from whichever restaurant I want and it sounds like you are the same. Since the FP is free I would do that and probably start my day with rope drop at another park and do my FPs at Animal Kingdom. Or if you don't have hoppers do AK at rope drop and come back later to use fp at night. I would not fool with the ROL dining package unless people in your party feel really strongly about both ROL and Pandora attractions, since the dining package leaves your FP open for other use that day. Just my two cents.

Does anyone else think there's really not enough room between the rows? I think Fantasmic's probably better. At ROL it seems there's really no room if anyone wants to leave your row

Last edited:
I was able to get fast passes for ROL May 26, 27 and 28th.
It only showed the regular options, no options for the new rides :-(

If it were me I would get FP+ over the dining package, which sounds like it's not even an option to book for you at this point anyway. I personally would rather order what I want from whichever restaurant I want and it sounds like you are the same. Since the FP is free I would do that and probably start my day with rope drop at another park and do my FPs at Animal Kingdom. Or if you don't have hoppers do AK at rope drop and come back later to use fp at night. I would not fool with the ROL dining package unless people in your party feel really strongly about both ROL and Pandora attractions, since the dining package leaves your FP open for other use that day. Just my two cents.
At first blush I would have agreed with you. But with Pandora opening in late May I think AK FPs will become much more precious than in the past and the dining package may be a better option. I just saw ROL last week with a FP and it worked out great. But after Pandora???

:wizard:

What time should we get there with FPs for a 9:15 show?
We saw ROL last week. Just DW and me. We got there 35 minutes early - and that worked but it was little tight. Next time I will plan for 45 minutes early (until I hear otherwise after ROL is out awhile).

We saw ROL last week. Just DW and me. We got there 35 minutes early - and that worked but it was little tight. Next time I will plan for 45 minutes early (until I hear otherwise after ROL is out awhile).

And, don't forget that 45 min. early might actually be a "little tight" after they open Pandora.

Does anyone else think there's really not enough room between the rows? I think Fantasmic's a lot better. At ROL it seems there's really no room if anyone wants to leave your row

There's never enough leg room at RoL or Fantasmic.

I still don't know why either show doesn't have a back piece to the seats. Indiana Jones show isn't comfortable, but I'm glad it has a back piece to the seat. RoL, Fantasmic, etc kill my back when I'm just sitting there waiting for 45+ min

Is there anywhere outside of the seating area that you could potentially see some of the ROL?

At first blush I would have agreed with you. But with Pandora opening in late May I think AK FPs will become much more precious than in the past and the dining package may be a better option. I just saw ROL last week with a FP and it worked out great. But after Pandora???

I would think the opposite, with Pandora opening people will be more spread out, may be better for ROL...don't know, just guessing.

Tomorrow we can book ADRs for our Sept trip. I know the Rivers of Light dining packages are only through June... what would you recommend? I don't want to go to Tuskers unless we're getting the dining package.

It will likely be free dining during our trip and it's the F&W Festival, so I'm thinking we need to book SOMETHING as a backup just in case we can't get the dining package once they finally open up. Thoughts?

I have free dining for my August trip and am planning a TH ROL package. I don't want to give up my FPs for the show - I'm going to need them for Pandora! Since I can't book yet, my backup plan for the credit is a walkup at Yak &Yeti with our Landry's card (so no ADR needed).

Is there anywhere outside of the seating area that you could potentially see some of the ROL?

I've seen some very pretty pictures from a slightly obstructed view at Flame Tree BBQ seating. Alternatively, there is very good viewing at one of the bridges and I think one of Robo's maps show that.

I would think the opposite, with Pandora opening people will be more spread out, may be better for ROL...don't know, just guessing.

I think ROL will be worse, particularly the Standby and getting a Dining Package. Pandora is going to bring guests that skip AK and now will be coming in, possible twice if they create tiers in AK with both Pandora on tier 1.

I've seen some very pretty pictures from a slightly obstructed view at Flame Tree BBQ seating. Alternatively, there is very good viewing at one of the bridges and I think one of Robo's maps show that.

Last weekend I watched show 1 from Flame Tree BBQ and show 2 with a FP+.

The bridge with the good view is between Everest and Nemo so between the two theater seating areas. Get there early, folks had it full and the middle areas are the best. You can also see PARTS of it from the bridges to Discovery Island from Dinoland and Asia. They have masking tape on the ground for all areas. Flame Tree is a great option and probably my go to place.

There are also areas along the fencing in Asia that have a view, not sure if they are doing anything to stop folks from standing there. Here I am standing at one of the Asia fences, there was plenty of open room here and even some benches to wait on before hand. While not showing there is a wide view of the water to right.

9275600C-EA23-459C-93E8-A15B538AE125_1.jpg

* After seeing it, the FP+ area and the Dining/Standby area do have different views and different animals. I think it will be worth it to me to see both at least once.

Last edited:
reminder, you can make a Tusker House RoL breakfast reservation right before 11, and can then eat from both the breakfast and the lunch buffet (they start putting out right before 11) for the price of just the breakfast buffet!

Also. We showed up about 40 min before the show on Saturday and there were plenty of seats on the dining section up to the cutoff, so think the return window is fine. Seats don't have much elevation, so we actually decided where to sit based on how short the people were in front.

reminder, you can make a Tusker House RoL breakfast reservation right before 11, and can then eat from both the breakfast and the lunch buffet (they start putting out right before 11) for the price of just the breakfast buffet!

Also. We showed up about 40 min before the show on Saturday and there were plenty of seats on the dining section up to the cutoff, so think the return window is fine. Seats don't have much elevation, so we actually decided where to sit based on how short the people were in front.
I'm planning on trying t get 10:45 reservation. What time do they start taking away breakfast food?

That's exactly my plan! We're on the DDP, but this will save us a little bit in tips (especially for a group of 7).

I'm planning on trying t get 10:45 reservation. What time do they start taking away breakfast food?

I think everything was still out as of 1115.

Three reasons it makes since: 1) they don't want to waste food, 2) although most would be fine with switching to lunch, it would be unfair to someone whose kid is hell-bent on Mickey waffles to take away the breakfast they booked minutes after they got there, 3) they have enough stations to support both for awhile.

There's a few, but the view won't be that great. Couple bridge areas but people get there very early. It's not like the World Showcase where there's a ton of spots, most of the water is blocked by walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter