Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

So sad to hear that tikiman has been pretty much silenced. He has always been a wealth of information.

He hasn't really been silenced. He has just agreed to not report on Poly resort related news that has not been officially released by Disney. But I do think even that stinks. He will still be maintaining his website and facebook page.

He hasn't really been silenced. He has just agreed to not report on Poly resort related news that has not been officially released by Disney. But I do think even that stinks. He will still be maintaining his website and facebook page.
That is a better way to say it, I stole the wording from another thread. I wish Disney had been more open about all the details with this project. They came off looking very unorganized and best, and just plain not caring about the guest experience at worst.
I was very disappointed in how they handled the communications, but whats done is done.

Maybe I'm wrong because I've never stayed at the Poly (we're about to be switchers!), but we had a REALLY hard time a crowded pool at the GF (but that might have been bc of the Poly guests) last summer. And I don't think the WL pool is that much bigger either. The splash pad did help with this thought because there were always a ton of chairs over there. Not really sure where Poly's will be though….

That pool video has me looking forward to our first stay at the Poly in late August. But the water looks a little milky - hopefully it'll clear up.

Martin

This will be my first stay at Poly....so I can't compare it to the way it was before. Two reasons I chose Poly...the new hot tub....love hot tubs after a day at the park. And....that it is on the monorail for easy access to MK and Epcot. It is all new to me and I'm excited. If it is too noisy, due to the construction on the East Side, I will consider changing resorts. Not everyone is going to be happy with the changes....it is just an inevitable side effect of change. No matter what....I hope everyone enjoys their Magical Vacation!

Has it been announced when disney thinks the kids area will be open. Thinking of staying in June.

I'm curious to see how this area turns out. I think it's interesting how close it is to the Trader Sam's deck. Seems like it will be fun to hang out with a cold beverage on the Tiki Terrace while listening to the kids playing and enjoying some live music.

I'm curious to see how this area turns out. I think it's interesting how close it is to the Trader Sam's deck. Seems like it will be fun to hang out with a cold beverage on the Tiki Terrace while listening to the kids playing and enjoying some live music.
Yeah....I think it's pretty cool too. It will be a big party area! I'm just hoping the construction noise from the East pool isn't too awful!

We just left from our visit to the Poly. The quiet pool closed on April 16th. They are still tweaking the infinity hot tub and the slide at the lava pool so at any given time either was closed. We saw water shooting up from the kids splash area behind the walls so they are in testing phase. I am thinking it might be getting ready to open.

Here is a question for all you Poly frequent flyers. I've read several posts that state swimming in November can be cool when you get out of the pool. So....I'm thinking not many people swim in November. Is the pool less crowded in late November?

Here is a question for all you Poly frequent flyers. I've read several posts that state swimming in November can be cool when you get out of the pool. So....I'm thinking not many people swim in November. Is the pool less crowded in late November?
We used to go Nov/Dec and the pool can be very crowded. We would have varying temps from the high 60s to low 80s so of course dependent on that, but usually no problem swimming.

We have our first Poly stay booked for the end of August. Watching that video made me question if we should stay at the Poly. The pool is tiny and lounge chairs are on top of each other. We just got back from a trip to SeaWorld and stayed at the Renaissance at SeaWorld. That pool was bigger and the lounges were spread out and had the most comfortable cushions on them. It was really a great pool area. I just don't get that feeling when I look at the Poly. Now I have to decide if we should change resorts.

We have our first Poly stay booked for the end of August. Watching that video made me question if we should stay at the Poly. The pool is tiny and lounge chairs are on top of each other. We just got back from a trip to SeaWorld and stayed at the Renaissance at SeaWorld. That pool was bigger and the lounges were spread out and had the most comfortable cushions on them. It was really a great pool area. I just don't get that feeling when I look at the Poly. Now I have to decide if we should change resorts.
I think the biggest pool is at AOA if that's an option.

Chairs are and were so close together. I don't know what they were thinking when they renovated and did this. Truly awful and in the hot Florida sun. Motel pools have more space between chairs. Was the Renaissance pool fun for kids? googling now... TY

The Renaissance was awesome. Huge adult pool, a kids splash area and two huge slides for the older kids with a full time lifeguard monitoring the slides. It also has a great bar with great food
you could eat at the pool. Really a great resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter