***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to go back in February/March. Will be staying onsite. Will try to book FP+ for FOP for everyday we are there! Then, do rope drop for all the other parks every day so we can get on the rides without FP's. Will see if I can do it! FOP is my new favorite ride of ALL TIME! Super excited!

Posted in another thread... here in case it's useful to anyone...

We had an 8:00 ADR for Tusker House yesterday. We weighed our options, and since we have 3 FP for FoP later in the trip, we decided on the following, which worked well for us:
  • 8:40 - Done at TH (we skipped 2 characters, which we tend to do sometimes)
  • 8:45 - Joined back of "Pandora pack" that was already moving toward the Pandora entrance
  • We stuck to the left and veered off to NRJ
  • 9:10 - already done 1st NRJ ride (12 min from beginning of the line to the end ride)
  • Once done with the first ride, the posted wait for NRJ was 30min; I didn't buy that it would be that long, so we got in line to ride NRJ a 2nd time; actual wait 18min
  • Then we headed over to Everest -- rode twice
  • Then to Dinosaur
  • Swung back to check out the store in Pandora
  • Banshee magic shot photo (no wait)
  • Then Tiffins
  • Then back to hotel for a break
All worked well for us -- above was all without FP (we saved those for MK evening).

Soooooo... if you're ok cutting a TH ADR short, you could either do the above or try for FoP from the back of the "Pandora pack" around 8:45. There was NO WAY yesterday to bypass the pack post-TH.

Now that it's down to about 2 weeks away any guesses to what regular EMH rotation will be? Or if it will even be added at all? I'm wondering if we'll get any PM EMH during our trip at the end of August

Not sure. I would think it gets added but we all know how Disney schedules work.

Posted in another thread... here in case it's useful to anyone...

We had an 8:00 ADR for Tusker House yesterday. We weighed our options, and since we have 3 FP for FoP later in the trip, we decided on the following, which worked well for us:
  • 8:40 - Done at TH (we skipped 2 characters, which we tend to do sometimes)
  • 8:45 - Joined back of "Pandora pack" that was already moving toward the Pandora entrance
  • We stuck to the left and veered off to NRJ
  • 9:10 - already done 1st NRJ ride (12 min from beginning of the line to the end ride)
  • Once done with the first ride, the posted wait for NRJ was 30min; I didn't buy that it would be that long, so we got in line to ride NRJ a 2nd time; actual wait 18min
  • Then we headed over to Everest -- rode twice
  • Then to Dinosaur
  • Swung back to check out the store in Pandora
  • Banshee magic shot photo (no wait)
  • Then Tiffins
  • Then back to hotel for a break
All worked well for us -- above was all without FP (we saved those for MK evening).

Soooooo... if you're ok cutting a TH ADR short, you could either do the above or try for FoP from the back of the "Pandora pack" around 8:45. There was NO WAY yesterday to bypass the pack post-TH.
Thanks for the update. That sounds about how I'd expect it to go. I had not thought it would be possible to eat breakfast and get out in front of the crowds. Pretty much confirmed it, even if you were to skip all the characters.

Thanks for the update. That sounds about how I'd expect it to go. I had not thought it would be possible to eat breakfast and get out in front of the crowds. Pretty much confirmed it, even if you were to skip all the characters.
Yes -- quite certain of that at least given current procedures.

We knew that going in, so no disappointment there. We weren't rushing either... we just don't need a ton of time to eat a buffet breakfast, and skipping some characters is not uncommon for us. We just ate at our regular pace, and decided AFTER we were done on the plan above.

They are $20 now (19.95 or 19.99), or at least they were on 7/29 when we bought ours. They work well, though, so I guess that's something.
I added the bit about the price increase because I knew they'd raised the price on the banshee and honestly, I felt the price on both was pretty low. We got one for mine but are going to make something using a real branch for DGDs. If we ever get a round to it.
I couldn't buy 2 of the things because they are huge! No way to get 2 home. We had even planned to ship mine home but we ended up doing a mobile check out because of the crazy lines (we were there opening day) and they couldn't do anything but check out. It was worth saving an hour in line to find a way to get it in the suitcase.

I think my hopes of PM EMH in September have been squashed. They just did some park hour updates. For the last 2 weeks of August, AK extended to 9:30 (unless that is what it was like earlier) but no extra hours. September still has 9pm closing.

I think my hopes of PM EMH in September have been squashed. They just did some park hour updates. For the last 2 weeks of August, AK extended to 9:30 (unless that is what it was like earlier) but no extra hours. September still has 9pm closing.
Imagine how us October folks feel, reading 7:00 and 7:30 pm closing times! :) I think this is one reason why FoP FPs have been so hard to get. I am hopeful they will at least match September's 9 pm closing time and that will open up a few more opportunities for them. From what I've been reading, it seems like October is going to be very crowded this year. :scared1:

It's been 9:30 for a while, I have a calendar with park hours printed out and it has 9:30 on it. I printed it out whenever it was they changed MK's hours, it was before I did my FP

It's been 9:30 for a while, I have a calendar with park hours printed out and it has 9:30 on it. I printed it out whenever it was they changed MK's hours, it was before I did my FP
Ok, I hadn't been paying as much attention for August. I would have really appreciated that extra 30 min to give some time to go back into Pandora after Rivers of Light. Fingers crossed they at least give us that for September...

I was listening to the background area music for Pandora on YouTube today and I thought- that sounds like Titanic. And, of course, both movies' soundtracks were written by James Horner. I wish he had lived long enough to hear his music while riding FoP! I love listening to park music and miss all my stations on live365. But I can find a lot of it on YouTube, and it's free. :)

With your FP for FoP, what is the duration of the pre-shows and ride? I have a FP for 10 am....and an ADR at Tusker House at 10:45 am. Can I make it?

Last edited:
With your FP for FoP, what is the duration of the pre-shows and ride? I have a FP for 10 am....and an ADR at Tusker House at 10:45 am. Can I make it?

When we did our FP at the end of last month, it took about 30 minutes start to finish. So if that holds, I think you can make it --- but it will be very tight. That said, we also arrived about 5 mins late to a 10:30 TH ADR during our trip, and it wasn't a problem. The only issue that you will have is that by the time you get in and get seated, I would guess that most of the available food will be lunch rather than breakfast.

You'll be fine. Plus, you can just walk out the back way from Pandora, which is very close to where FoP empties out and you are near to TH check in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter